Chapter 21: A change at school

Narrator’s POV

Kai entered the class, with Sehun following behind him. You watched as both returned to their seats. Their conversation that you happened to overhear still rang in mind and, in all frankness, it was hurting you bad.

When class continued, you could not concentrate; you could not focus. Your head wrapped around the situation and it began to cause a headache. You blinked your eyes a couple of times and shook your head, in the hope of it disappearing but, it did not happen. You sat there, enduring the pain.

On the other side of the classroom, Sehun watched you intently and noticed the pain you were omitting through your facial expressions. He did not know what was wrong but, he definitely felt the need to go up to you and take you outside.

“______,” he whispered.

You did not hear him so, you did not respond. He was about to call you again but, you turned to your right and talked to Luhan.

“Luhan,” you began. “Can you take me to the clinic, please?”

At first he was confused but, he soon realised when you started to cringe. He put his hand up and asked the teacher if he could take you to the clinic, and the teacher agreed.

Luhan put your hand around his neck and guided you through the classroom and out the door. When you both were outside, making your ways to the clinic, Sehun stood up, catching Kai’s attention first out of all the classmates.

Kai saw Sehun and a smirk appeared on his face. I knew it, he confirmed to himself.

“Sehun, sit down,” the teacher told him.

“I need to go to the bathroom,” Sehun answered.

“Weren’t you just there?”

“Yeah but, can you really blame my bladder?”

The teacher looked at him for a while, pondering whether he should let him go again or not but, the teacher let him, anyway.

“Fine, go.”

Immediately, Sehun ran out of the classroom and followed Luhan and you. He caught up to the both of you, just as you were out the clinic’s door.

“______, what’s wrong?” you heard someone ask.

Slowly, you turned your head and saw Sehun standing there. Tears were welling up in your eyes again but, you tried your best to control them. You took a breath in and slightly pushed yourself from Luhan.

“Don’t pretend like you even care,” you coldly told Sehun.

“What?” he asked confused.

“And don’t pretend like you don’t know,” you replied. “I know what you’re doing, you jerk! And to think I even fell for it, ugh! Why was I so stupid?”

Sehun thought for a moment about what you could have possibly been talking about, and then it occurred to him. His heart felt as if it was literally falling from his chest when he found out that you knew.

“How did you—”

“In the bathroom. I was looking for you and I overheard but, I guess it was a good thing that I did, huh? Now I know that you were playing with me all along.”

He was about to say something but, you faced your back on him and turned to Luhan.

“Let’s go,” you said.

Luhan obeyed and pushed open the door, taking you inside and leaving Sehun standing all alone out there.

Sehun thought about what Kai said, and he thought carefully and hard. I’ll pay. Keep on with the dare for a week more and wait for the money, it was what Kai told him. Right then, it occurred to Sehun that Kai knew. He knew that Sehun would have not been able to keep it up for a week because you knew.