Chapter 24: Cannot be distant

Narrator's POV

You could hear it ringing for a long time in his line, but Sehun really must have meant when he said he would leave you alone.

Sighing heavily, you clicked your phone off and stood up to walk towards your bed. You lay down on the mattress as you stared at the ceiling, thinking that maybe his mother was right; maybe you and Sehun were not meant to be.

"How can I feel like this after what he did?" you asked yourself.

Moaning in irritation, you stomped your leg on the bed and punched the empty space beside you with your fists. Slowly, you brought your right hand on your chest and patted it continuously in an uttermost confusion.

"Stop making me feel this way, okay? It's your fault for falling for his stupid game," you told it.

Sehun came across your mind and all you could think about were your moments together. It frustrated you because you did not want to think of him any longer, yet your mind was not cooperating.

You clicked your tongue and screamed, feeling annoyed.

-

Sehun and his mother arrived at a five star hotel, where a valet had opened their doors for them.

"Why are we here?" Sehun asked.

"Be quiet and wait!" his mother hissed.

They made their way to the grand room and Sehun found that there was already a couple waiting there, along with a girl around his age. He looked at his mother and she looked back at him with a smirk on her face.

"Sorry for making you wait, Mr and Mrs Jung. I hope you were not waiting long," Mrs Oh told them in a polite tone.

"Oh, no! We only just got here as well," Mr Jung replied.

"That's good," she smiled, then turning to Sehun, who was still standing by the entrance. "This is my son, Oh Sehun."

The three unfamiliar faces looked at him and eyed him from head to toe; a feeling that he did not like at all. Sehun marched towards his mother and was about to rant, but she had spoken before him while addressing the girl who was sitting down.

"Sehun, this is Jung Eunji. She will be your fiancée."

"MWO?!" Sehun and Eunji shouted.

"Yah, eomma, appa!" Eunji yelled. "Who said I wanted to get married, huh?! And with this stick, too! I'd rather die."

Sehun's jaw dropped and he definitely was not just going to stand there and take her insult.

"Who are you calling stick, you whale?!" he shouted at her.

Eunji's face was shocked and her mouth formed in the shape of an 'O', as she stood up to walk towards him.

"Yah! I don't care who you are, but you definitely don't scare me," she told Sehun, poking him repeatedly on the chest.

Sehun slapped her hand away and turned around, about to make his way out when his mother shouted his name, halting him from his track.

"Sit down," his mother tried to say as calmly as she could.

"I don't want to," he said.

Her teeth clenched and she stomped her way to him, grabbing his arm and dragging him to his seat, where she had forced him to sit down.

"I'm sorry about my son," his mother apologised to Eunji's parents. "He's finding this as a shock."

Mr and Mrs Jung chuckled and sat down, Mr Jung pulling his daughter's arm to make her sit as well.