Chapter 6: Truth in a sleep

When the bell rings, you head to class with your head down, but just like the previous years you are welcomed by a smiling Suho.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Suho nudges your elbow.

Instead of answering the question, you wrap your arms around his neck and hug him tightly. Your classmates exchange glances as they give each other a weird, confused look.

"Are we finally having a couple in our class?" Chen teases.

You pull away and with saddened eyes, you look at Suho.

"No," you answer Chen. "I'm sorry," you apologise, mouthing the words to Suho.

He plasters a smile on his face as he puts his hands on your shoulder.

"It's okay. We can just be best friends. It's better than not being friends with you at all," Suho tells you.

Sehun enters the classroom and when he finds Suho with his hands on your shoulder, both his hands turn into fists. Although he is doing this, he doesn't really know why he is feeling anger. Or more like, jealousy.

"Get out of my way," Sehun says, pushing you and Suho apart from each other so that he can walk in between.

Suho merely just takes a step back, but when Sehun pushed you, you fall down and hit your head on the desk.

"____!" Suho shouts as he quickly bends down towards you.
You don't respond due to your unconsciousness. Sehun whirls around to find you on the ground, he wants to help but his pride and ego got in the way. He simply walks to his seat and watches as Suho carries you out.

In a bridal style, Suho runs as fast as he can to get you to the school's clinic.

"She needs help," Suho tells the nurse.

"Oh, my dear. What happened?" The nurse asks.

"She uh... Tripped?" Suho laughs nervously.

"Lie her down over there," she points to the bed.

Suho does as he's told and gently places you down on the bed. He sits on the chair beside the bed and holds your hand.

"I'll just put this ice pack on her forehead. Now, I have to head somewhere quickly, but if she wakes up before I come back, just give her this aspirin. Alright?" The nurse instructs, and Suho nods.

When she leaves, it's you and Suho left. He takes a deep sigh and caresses your hair while you sleep.

"Feel better, ____-ah," he murmurs.

"Well, aren't you sweet?"

Suho turns his head to find Sehun leaning on the door frame with arms crossed.

"What are you doing here?" Suho asks.

"You're being called at the front office," Sehun replies.

"Why would they—"

"Hey, don't ask me. I'm just delivering a message," Sehun cuts him off.

Suho stands up from his seat and walk towards the door, eyes glaring on Sehun. When he leaves, Sehun sits on the chair beside you.

"It's good that you don't like him back. He's so gullible," Sehun chuckles. "And he actually believed he's being called."

"I don't wanna cause any trouble, ____. So I'll make this quick before the nerd and the nurse comes back."

Sehun breathes in deeply, then breathes out.

"I think I actually like you," He laughs. "Weird, right? I've never liked anyone. Heck, I don't even like the people I call 'friends'. Why are you any different? You're stubborn and you hate my guts. But I guess you playing hard to get just makes me wanna get you more. How can you not like me? I mean, even those two geek girls in our class like me. Every girl likes me, why not you? But then again, that's probably why I'm drawn to you. Anyway, it's good that I got this out of my chest cos I don't think I'll be saying it again. Got it?"

He looks at the sleeping you, and laughs at himself.

"Aish, I'm going crazy."

Sehun kisses your forehead and smiles.

Meanwhile, Suho is leaning against the wall outside the clinic. He heard every single word that Sehun said to you and saw him place that kiss on your forehead.

Suho slides down and holds his chest.

"This can't happen," he whispers.