Chapter 16: Some things you can't avoid

Narrator's POV

-

You looked at Sehun as you waited for his anticipated answer, curiosity growing with every second.

"What was Kai talking about, Sehun? Why did you need cash?" you pushed on.

Sehun switched his gaze to the floor as he rubbed the nape of his neck nervously. He searched and searched the ends of his brain for a lie to tell you.

"Nothing, babe," he said. "Kai's a whack. Just ignore him."

You wanted to believe him, but something in his tone just did not convince you.

"Yeah, okay" was all you said.

-

When the weekend passed, it was time for reality again ... School. The place that most students dreaded and hated.

You were exiting your house when you noticed a too familiar car parked outside your gates. You approached it, making sure that it was the car that you thought. Closely, you examined the front of the car then going to the side, where the doors were. Unexpectedly, the window rolled down and you are met with Sehun's amused-at-you face. You felt so embarrassed because you didn't actually think someone was in there.

"Find what you're looking for?" Sehun chuckled.

You stepped back and stood up straight as you fixed your skirt, before placing your stranded hairs behind your ear.

"Uh... Pfft, yeah," you replied, trying not to show your embarrassment.

"Come on, just get in," he told you.

When you got to school, you entered the hallway together. Murmuring and whispering could be heard and you both knew they were about you. As you were walking, Tao came up running to you, along with Luhan, who was behind him.

"Noona!" he greeted you in a hug.

"Well, hello to you, too," you chuckled.

When he pulled away, he noticed Sehun beside you and so, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why's he with you?" Tao asked you sceptically.

You were about to answer, but Sehun answered him for you.

"Believe or not, pal, _____ here is my girl now," he told him.

Both Tao and Luhan held confused and shocked expressions on their faces.

"But... What about Suho hyung?" Tao asked sadly.

"Suho is... He's..." You couldn't think of the words to say. Just mentioning his name pained you because of his condition and because you knew you were hurting him.

Tao anticipated for your reply, but when you gave him no response he turned around and ran back to wherever he was before. Luhan shook his head at you in disappointment before running after Tao.

"Am I making a mistake?" You asked yourself, but Sehun heard you.

"You're doing nothing wrong, _____. They just can't accept the fact that you're with me now," he said.

You gave him a nod and continued to walk to class.

-

Entering the classroom, all heads were shifted towards your direction as they watched eagerly. You gulped down the lump in your throat and you felt as if it was getting hot.
When you got to your seat, you sat down and place your bag on the floor. Chen, who sat on the seat in front of you, turned around.

"A little birdie told us about you and the jerk," he said.

You immediately turned behind you to Tao and narrowed your eyes at him.

"Why are you looking at Tao?" you heard Chen say.

"Didn't he tell you?" you asked, facing him again.

"It was actually Luhan," he snorted, looking at the guy who sat on your right.

"I-I... I..." Luhan sighed. "I'm sorry."

You waved your hand about in front of you, indicating him not to worry about it.

"It doesn't matter. People are going to start wondering about us and eventually will be told the truth anyway," you told him.

You took a deep breath and let it out in a heavy sigh. Hundreds of things filled your mind, but there was one thing that pushed its way to the front... Kai. You began to wonder what his words of threat to Sehun meant. Why did Sehun need money? You were confused because you thought Sehun and Kai were friends, turned out they were not.

With Kai in thought, you searched the class for him. He wasn't there. You then noticed something else... Sehun had disappeared, too. You could have sworn he was following behind you not too long ago.

"Hey, where's Kai?" you tapped Chen's shoulder, to which he replied with a shrug.
You leaned back on your chair and drummed on the desk with your fingers. At first you were just going to leave the situation alone, but curiosity spread inside you like a disease.

Quickly, you stood up and walked outside the classroom. You saw a clock that hung on the wall in the hallway. 7:15am - class weren't going to start until fifteen minutes later. You searched every corridor and every room for Sehun, or Kai, but no luck. Out of nowhere, a girl from one of the younger grades approached you.

"You're Sehun's girlfriend, right?" she asked in a frantic.

"Uh, yes, why?" you asked, sceptic as to how she knew that.

"Quick! He's in trouble!" she turned around and began to run, indicating for you to follow her.

You started running after her, but suddenly, you were pulled into one of the supply closets. The person closed the door behind you and you heard the lock click.

It was kind of dark, but you could make out that the closet you were in was the sports supply closet. In front of you, a tall figure stood.

They came closer to you and trapped you between their arms by leaning their hands on the wall behind on either side of you.

They leaned their face near yours and finally, you saw who the person was.

"Finally, I've got you," Chanyeol said.