Chapter 4: The tutoring begins

RIIIINNGG!!!

There goes the bell. The first day felt longer than any other days because of all the things that's happened. You let out a long deep sigh knowing that you have to start tutoring Sehun today. You whip out your phone and dial your eomma's (mom's) number.

"Eomma, I have to tutor someone today."

"Oh? So you're not going to be home for dinner?" the voice on the other line replies.

"Yeah. I don't know what time I'll be coming home, so don't wait up for me, okay?" you say.

"Arasseo, just be careful," your eomma answers.

"Mm."

You hang up the phone and start searching for Sehun. After ten minutes, you finally find him; he was leaning against his car, waiting.

"Aish! You already ruined things for me and now you made me wait!" he yells.

He walks to his side of the car and murmurs, "I don't even know why she can't take the bus. Tsk."

Such a jerk! AGGHH! Didn't even open the door for me, like a gentleman would.

You blow air onto your bangs and hop inside the car.

-

When you arrive at Oh residence, you can't believe how big their house is. No. How big their mansion is. Before seeing their mansion, you didn't even think that principals could earn so much to be able to buy something this big.

"What's the problem? Never been to a mansion before?" Sehun snickers.

You follow him inside the house and notice that Mr Oh's already there.

"Just do the tutoring in his room, ____," he tells you.

H-his r-room? O_O

After Mr Oh leaves, you turn around to find Sehun nowhere in sight. It takes you another ten minutes to find him; he was in his room and when you get there, Sehun is sitting on his bed with fuming eyes staring at you.

"You made me wait again!" he shouts. "Tsk! I'm going to sleep."

Right then, he takes off his shoes and lies down to sleep. Tears begin to form in your eyes, you don't know why. You wipe them away and walk towards Sehun's bed.

I don't get it. When he's asleep, he looks like a total angel. You shake your head. Ah, ____! What are you saying?!

You lean close to see if he's really sleeping, then out of the blue, he grabs your wrist making you slip and fall down on his bed. He has you pinned down and Sehun's on top of you. He slowly leans closer and closer to your face.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" you yell.

He keeps leaning closer and you just tightly shut your eyes. Minutes later, you open your eyes to find him no longer on top of you but on the floor laughing and rolling like a buffalo.

"Hahaha! You should've seen your face!" he says in between breaths.

You clench both hands into a fist with the urge to punch him, but as a mature lady, you decide not to.

"Can we just get on with the tutoring? I'd like this to be over just as much as you want me out of your room," you tell him.

He nods, agreeing with you.

-

"Okay, again, when you multiply x^3 and x^5, the answer is x^8." You are feeling frustrated because you have explained it five times already.

How pabo (stupid) is he? This is first year stuff.

But at that moment, you remember that he didn't pass first year.

"But when you multiply 3 and 5, isn't that 15? So it should be x^15,” he says.

"No, it's x to the eight because the base, which is x, is the same. When the bases are the same, you just add the indices, which in this case are 3 and 5. Got it?"

"Then shouldn't the question be when you 'add' x^3 and x^5?"

You are mentally banging your head on the table because it's been two and a half hours and you're only on question two.

-

Finally, when he understands how it all works, you give him some questions to do on his own. You, on the other hand, suddenly fell asleep, your head on the table. Sehun sees you and he smiles.

She's a tough one, he thinks. I like a challenge in a girl.

He takes out his phone and snaps a picture of you sleeping. Unlucky for him, his phone in not on silent therefore waking you up with the sound of his phone's shutter. But lucky enough for him, he manages to hide it before you could see.

You look at the time and it's now 9:37pm. Oh, crap! I gotta go home!

You quickly pick up your things and head out the door.

"I'll just see you tomorrow," you say as you walk out.

Once out of the mansion and inside riding the bus, you touch your left wrist. Your eyes widen as you look down at it, seeing that it's missing.

"My bracelet!" you shout. The people inside turn their heads to you.

You bow your head, "Mianhamnida (I'm sorry)."

You realise that it might have gotten loose and dropped at Sehun's room.

Great. What am I supposed to tell Suho tomorrow?