Chapter 25: One of those days

Narrator's POV

Sehun's mother was filled with embarrassment that it turned into anger, making her hatred of you grow. She thought and believed strongly on the fact that Sehun could not conform on the engagement because of you.

"It's because of that wretched girl!" she kept saying to herself.

While she was drowning herself in her pool of hate, you and Sehun were at your house, enjoying a movie together. It felt like decades since you were last in his arms. If your old self could see you right now, she would have vomited at the sight of you and the jerk being lovey-dovey with one another.

"What's this movie called again?" Sehun asked you.

"'Crazy little thing called love'," you replied.

"And it's Thai?"

"Yep."

You loved the movie, probably it was because it was a story about two people living different worlds that were separated, but ended up back together. It was movies like these that you liked.

Even though you both were happy as of the moment, something inside were bothering you. It felt as if it has not ended yet... like, it was just the beginning. The thought scared you, but you obviously did not show it in front of Sehun.

"Hey, Sehun," you said.

"Yeah?"

"If Kai didn't give you the dare, would you still have fallen for me?"

Sehun was surprised by the question. He looked at you with eyes of confusion and just stared into your eyes. It was seriousness he held on his face, but they soon turned to smiles and chuckles.

"You want the truth?" he asked.

"Yes, the absolute truth," you told him.

"To be honest... no."

Your jaw dropped and you shuffled away from him. You could not believe it. Did he said what you thought he just said? Your heart was starting to break, but it was not until Sehun burst out in fits of laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" you asked, eyebrows furrowed and lips pouting.

"How can you believe such a lie, babe?" he asked, still laughing. "I'm only joking with you."

"Aish! I'm not playing jokes right now, Sehun. I said I wanted the truth," you said, pushing at his chest.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he said, breathing out slowly to calm down. "In all honesty, it really frustrated me before how you hated me. I wasn't used to it because girls would just be waiting at my feet, you know? But, I guess even before I felt like it was my mission to make you fall for me. I even liked it when you scolded and yelled at me because that way, I was able to talk to you. So, yes. Even if Kai didn't dare me, I still would have fallen."

His answer brought a smile to your face. Now you wondered if he was only really a jerk because he was trying to get your attention, so you would yell at him.

"Would you still have fallen if the dare didn't happen?" he asked you.

You thought about it clearly, before giving him an answer. You asked yourself if you would have because your old self really hated him.

"I would have," you began. "Even if you weren't dared, your dad would still get me to be your tutor and I would have still fallen for you. You worked hard for a jerk and I really admired that about you."

"Aww, shucks. You're making me blush," Sehun said in a teasing tone.

"Shut up!" you said, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

Sehun laughed and wrapped an arm around your shoulder while pulling you closer to him. He kissed the top of your head and you both continued to watch.

-

"This is all your fault! Why did you let our son go out with that good-for-nothing girl?! She can bring nothing to our family but shame!" Mrs Oh shouted at her husband.

"For goodness' sake, Hae Ra! They're only teenagers! Marriage isn't even in their minds yet. I want our son to have the relationship I never had, which is to marry someone he loves and not because his parents set him up!" Mr Oh shouted back.

"It's for his own good!"

"His good or your good? You're being too selfish, Hae Ra. Are you willing to sacrifice your son's happiness for your gain? Are you even human?" he asked her.

Mrs Oh's teeth clenched because she hated to appear being the antagonist. She wanted to say something back, but she could not; nothing came to mind. With her silence, Mr Oh left the room and proceeded to his office upstairs. He felt guilty in giving up too easily on the principal position at school and now, there was no one to protect Sehun there.

-

The next day, Sehun woke up next to you and he smiles upon seeing your angelic face. He has dreamed of waking up next to you in the morning, yet he did not really know that it could happen.

Sehun began to move from the bed with the hope of making you breakfast, but although he was as careful as can be, he still managed to wake you up.

"Morning," he greeted, kissing your cheek.

"Morning," you greeted back, smiling. "Sehun, you didn't go home?"

"Things will get even crazier if I go home. If it's okay with you, can I stay here?"

"Yeah, of course, but I don't know when my parents are coming back so just be prepared if a couple of weird looking people appear," you chuckled.

"Okay," he laughed.

Sehun went downstairs to the kitchen and got whatever he could find to cook breakfast. He was rummaging from cupboard to cupboard and felt happy doing it because there was no maid doing it for him. He felt independent.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang,

"I'll get it!" Sehun yelled.

When he opened the door, his eyebrows furrowed and he was feeling really confused.

"Eunji?"

"Hi," she said, smiling and waving her hand.

- - - - - - - - - -

To be honest, I don't know what's going to happen next. I don't know where it's going anymore, HAHAHA.

COMMENT what you think and VOTE if you liked this chapter~~ :DD