Chapter 15: Sasuke part 8

Recap: "Shikamaru. This isn't the time to get cocky. Wait till we get back home." Rin hisses. She then nods to Cerberus and Rasa.

Sakon chased Rin and the others through the forest. Making Akumaru place bombs all over the trees. "Akamaru! Once you set the bombs get moving!"

A few more explosions making the ground shake. "Good job!" Shikamru smirked. Rin rolled her eyes and watch the trees fall onto the ground. 

"We need to get out of here!" She hissed.

"Don't you mess with me!" Rin watched as Akumaru trip and fall. "That's the last time you'll ever bark at me, you mutt!" He then sent wires over at the dog.

"Rasa! Cerberus!" Rin yelled over. The two looked over at her. Seemingly having a conversation with their eyes.

Rin ran over to Akamaru, a kunai in hand as she quickly tried to cut the strings. While Rasa and Cerberus launched themselves at Sakon.

"Rin!" The girl turned around to Kiba. "I got it, distract him!" Rin noodles and launched herself off the tree. Only for it to explode.

"Kiba! Akamaru!" Rin looked over to Cerberus and Rasa, a bewildered look in her eyes.

"Rin!" She quickly snapped her attention to Shikamaru. "You and Cerberus go with Naruto! Me and Rasa can handle Tayuya!"

They turned to the up and coming member of the sound four. Only for her to stop. "W-what are you doing here?"

Everything happened in slow motion. The newcomer came from the trees and landed on the coffin. Only to kick it away to another branch. The newcomer took the coffin to another branch.

"You're taking to long Tayuya. And what of our comrades, what happened to our other three men?"

"Why have you come back here?" Her tone was aggressive but still held a worried undertone.

Rin rolled her eyes. Another monologue about the person was coming, she felt it.

Naruto screamed at the man and launched himself at the person. Only for Tayuya to push herself off her tree and punch him.

The man took the coffin and left Tayuya to the five of them. "Shikamaru!" The boy looked over at Rin. "Catch up." She said with a smirk. "Hell Core: Shadow travel." With that the girl blended into the shadows and was met with internal darkness.

The rushing of colors passed by her as she chased the man down. But he was too fast enough, and disappeared. Rin steppes our of the shadows and watched Naruto's blonde hair chase after the man.

Her ragged breaths heavy as she looked towards the sky, to let the oxygen fill her lungs. The constant use of her magic catching up to her."You okay?" Cerberus asked. Rin nodded.

"I used too much of my magic, I need a little breather. Rasa go after Naruto and aid him. I'll catch up in a bit. Cerberus go help Kiba." The two nodded and left the girl.

When Rasa arrived to where Naruto stood, his clones emitting the same orange chakra that the boy did. Their features bring more animalistic. In unification they all charged at the man in a war cry.

Rasa scoffed and brought his arms up, a wave of golden sand being sent out to the man. Backing up the clones. The man destroyed few of the clones giving Rasa time to let his sand burry under the ground.

The dead man smiled from his place in the trees. Kimimaru smirked, just as the golden sand shot up from the ground. It formed hands and tried to grab Kimimaru.

Rin relaxed against the tree and looked up. It was a sunny day, no clouds in the sky. The girl sighed and fixed her bun.

Getting into a meditation position she let herself relax. "Hell core: Astral projection." With that she let her soul leave her earthly body.