Chapter 49: Shadows

The royal army seemed to came in waves as Rin breathed heavily and whipped the sweat off her brow.

"FIRE DRAGON WING ATTACK!"

"REGULUS IMPACT!"

"SKY DRAGON ROAR!"

Rin shoves her hands to the red carpet and siphoned her magic. "SUMMON CERBERUS!"

The threeheaded dog ripped through the magic circle, tearing through it as the usually 28ft dog jumped out. He growled as his acidic drool dropped down onto the carpet, catching the soldiers and biting down on their limbs and splaying the blood.

The ground broke once more as Rin grabbed onto the raging dog. Paper, vines, acid, and the other executioners appeared. "Pinaka." The girl growled, letting the bow fade into her hands, and arrow at her fingertips. She drew it back as Kama walked forward.

"Guild wizards, I understand what compels you. But I must carry out my obligation to the court. For your crimes against the kingdom I'll be collecting your head."

Rin glared, "oh give me a break. Again?"

The fish guy only looked at them wide eyed. "Terrain effect: Scorching wind zone!" The hot winds brushed against Rin's torn jeans as Natsu blew fire back into the now giant popsicles that glistened.

"What a pain in the butt." He murmured. Rin drew back her bow as another plant came her way. The arrow that was released gave off a bright light as it cut through the various foliage and right through the center towards the woman.

Rin sighed as Cerberus tore through the reinforcements quickly, she wanted to complain but she held her younger and didn't voice her opinions.

Drawing back another bow, she fired the holy object once more into the crowd near her, splitting then into two separate groups. Rin let out a soft whistle as Cerberus pounced onto them. "We need to find a way out!" Natsu growled.

"Should we summon more spirits?" Happy asked as he waved his stick around.

"No need! I'll take them out myself!" Natsu screamed swinging his flames that enveloped his arms.

Rin paused for a moment, a new feeling washed over her as the air shifted. The girl took the chance to look outside and saw the big lunar moon watching over them. She didn't know what but it felt like something had been resolved.

Natsu blasted a wave of flames past her, distracting her from the scenery. "Anyone know what time it is right now?"

"It's night," Rin frowned. "The games had just ended."

"Maybe we won and all of this would be over?" Happy voices, backing up against Rin's leg.

"Course we won! Which means we can't be wasting time here!" Natsu held up a flaming fist with a giant smirk on his face. "Last we check, we had a kingdom to save!" Natsu punches another soldier in the face.

"Let's meet with Gramps and the others, they need to know about the eclipse before it's too late!" Rin ran after her brother as he charged forward.

"You've been saying that for the past 20 minutes!"

Rin shot another arrow towards the woman in pink as she shouted as Loke flirted with her. Rin blinked as she turned around, her ears focusing on the new incoming footsteps.

"Reinforcements? We got to wrap this up quickly!" Loke yelled, pushing more light magic from his fists. Natsu's hot headed nature blew up on them as he started kicking and screaming, burning people slightly.

"Happy, Carla!" Lily's miniature form spoke. "Go find the rest of the guild and tell them what's happened to us!"

"Aye sir!"

"On it!"

"Gravity Zone!" Rin whipped her head at the voice to see Happy and Carla stuck mid air as the fisherman held them still. Notching another arrow she shot it, piercing his skin, and ripping through it.

Rin watched as he cried out in pain but didn't move. "Huh?" His head titled down towards the ground and that's when she saw it. Black shadows crawling up everyone's legs. "I'm caught in someone's net!"

Rin stumbled back as it dragged people into it. Rin broke her brow in half letting it fade away into dust before grabbing the hands of a soldier she almost killed before. The girl planted her feet and pulled with all of her remaining strength.

"Ugh!"

"Help me!" He clawed upwards as beads of sweat trickled down her face.

"Rin!" The black haired girl turned her head, her red eyes in panic as the man kept sinking lower and lower. Natsu grabbed her shoulder and pulled his sister to his chest. Away from the shadow that are others. "Come on lets move!"

Rin stood far away behind her brother as the shadows enclosed into itself revealing a man.

He smirked as he walked out. "Shadows can reach far into the past and into the future." He mumbled, "and into the hearts of men." He stopped in front of the group of teens, "it seems we meet again Natsu Dragneel. I've come quite aways from the distant future."

Rin looked into his eyes. His face shape was the same, but different. This man was older and was coated in something that reeked of death. His black hair pushed to the side while half of it was white and flowing down.

Rin frowned when she spotted the scar on his nose and the tattoo on his face, she deemed them unrecognizable but at the same time. This person was one of her best friends because right in front of her, stood Rouge.

Rouge Cheney of Sabertooth.