Part One: New Moon

🌑🌑🌑
_________________________________

Rin stood inside the Hokage's office late at night. With Kakashi's old ANBU mask placed on her face.

It was inky out, with only the stars providing light. Tsunade slid over a scroll towards the girl.

"You are doing a monthly reconnaissance mission that will span for as many years to come." Tsunade spoke.

There were seals on the walls so no one could hear a word, but it still felt like millions of people were still listening in.

"For this mission, you must gain Sasuke Uchiha's trust in order to leak information that could compromise the Sannin, Orochimaru." Rin has held her breath. It had been a year since the young boy had left the village. "With that, since our last ninja who had been relaying information from our double agent is now dead," Tsunade had hesitated, was she really going to send this kid to hear probable immediate death. "You will now be receiving and relating information about the Akatsuki."

Rin let out a small shaky breath at the news. "I accept Lady Tsunade." With that her piercing red eyes left the woman's face as she disappeared into the sky.

Tsunade let out a groan, and pulled out a bottle of saki to pour herself. Another mission, another ninja, another death to be written is stone.

As the blonde woman poured herself a drink, she contemplated how long the kid would survive.

Rin set out on her first job alone, no one to guide her but the map in her hand and the stars in the sky. Earlier that evening she had left a note for Kakashi and for Romeo back home, stating that she would be gone for a few months and to not worry about it.

Though she wondered if leaving would be good for Romeo's well being. But it was too late to do anything about it.

The girl looked up at the sky and squinted. There she could see the North star guiding her to her destination. Rin fixed her mask and mumbled under her breath. "Hell Core: Cupid's Wings."

The feathery black wings extended outwards to the sides. As Rin's bones shifted out of the way to make room for them.

The air shifted itself to make way for the girl, as she glides through the air. The night time breeze rushing through her her veins as the smell of rain wafted in the air.

Rin walked around the small village near the recent sighting of both Sasuke and Kabato. The black haired girl sipped on her green tea as her eyes narrowed.

She knew nothing about chakra, not even the basics but here she was, on a mission from the Hokage. She sighed, at the thought of doing all this work. While she could be home sitting down.

But Rin needed the money. Her red eyes shined as she stood up from her spot, leaving a bit of change in turn to pay for the small meal.

The small village only consisted of small businesses and houses next to a forest full of plants. It was small enough to be ruled by the Lord of Fire, but noticeable enough to stop and rest if you're on a long journey

Rin's red eyes scanned the surrounding area, looking for hair that resembled a ducks butt. And for eyes as dark as onyx. She smiled slightly enjoying the silent hustle of people around her as her gaze shifted over the crowd.

And eventually landing on Sasuke's dark tresses.

The girl smirked and made her advancement towards him. Her shoes lightly padding across the dirt. Her pale hand reaching out towards him.

"Sasuke." She spoke as she clapped her hand around his shoulder. Sasuke had turned around. A wild look in his eye.

Rin smirked wider, with a turn of her cloak she pulled him into an ally.

"It's been a long time, am I right?"

_________________________________

🌑🌑🌑