Chapter 19: Red Eyes

Rin grinned at Itachi lightly, so this was Sasuke's older brother, well one of the versions he presented himself as. Looking at him, he didn't seem much of an opponent. As if he wasn't meant for the Shinobi scene. But if this man can wipe out his own clan in just one night, then he was a truly formidable opponent.

Kakashi gasped beside her as Itachi reached towards his eye. "Guys, whatever you do, don't look at him in the eyes." Rin snorted.

"That's really disrespectful." She said. Rin looked at the man's forehead. "So quick question, when you die, can I have your soul?"

Itachi pauses in his movements, before a glint of recognition passes through him, and continues to cast his jutsu.

"Itachi's jutsu is a genjutsu, avoid eye contact with him and his jutsu won't take affect." Kakashi tells the group.

"Okay," Sakura says, "but how are we supposed to fight him?"

"Kick him where it hurts." Rin shrugs. The group ignores her as per usual.

"That's right, you have to anticipate his moves, by watching his feet. His body." Kakashi answered. The others stared down the man in front of them.

"The Uchiha clan," Granny Chiyo hums to herself. "It's been a long time since I've gone up against the sharigan." Naruto gasps at the revelation. "Don't look so surprised, I've been around." She looks at the blonde. "And I know there's more then one way to fight a visual jutsu like that."

"Yeah!" Naruto says, "Like what then?"

"If one against one abandon the field. If two against one take the rear and take heed." She says a rhyme.

"What does that mean?" The blonde asks for all of them.

"Well the first part is pretty self explanatory. The sharingan can never be beaten in singles combat. But if you outnumber the sharingan user, even if one of you is caught in his genjutsu, the other one his free to strike from his rear. Breaking the genjutsu." She says, the smiles a bit. "Even if your attack on the user fails somehow, you're still free to strike your comrade yourself, and break the jutsu."

"So if one of us fights him face to face," Sakura mumbles. "The rest of us will attack from the rear."

"Let's go," Naruto takes a step forward. "I'll take the rear-"

"Wait." Kakashi says, placing his hand in front of the boy to stop him.

Rin sighs and drops her guard. "I thought ninja were stealthy and stuff, who knew they just talked the whole time." The girl drops to the ground as Kakashi explained why the strategy wouldn't work on Itachi.

The wind blew as their opponent spoke. Rin let out another sigh bored. She knew either way the Magekyo sharingan would affect her in a way, but she didn't worry that much. She wasn't part of this world and her own DNA was structured much differently, due to the ability to use magic.

"So what," Rin groans. "The man needs a pair of glasses, that doesn't mean look at him in the eyes! Did you not listen to grandma Chiyo! Or loose all common sense!" The girl looks towards the bright sun. It was almost mid day. "Oh my," The girl stands up. "He's stalling!"

But alas, no one listened.

Rin groaned and walked over to a tree, and climbed the branches. The girl watched as the others stood still. Itachi turned to look at the girl but she sat indifferent.

"I didn't expect to see you here." The girl hummed.

"You're not going to kill them?" She asked, from her place in the tree. Giving a glance to the entranced ninja.

"You're not going to save them?" Itachi asked.

"Touché," she looked up at the sun. "You already know I'm not from here. I have just enough chakra to run up trees and walk on water. Do the little stuff. But not enough to break a, what I'm assuming, a powerful genjutsu." Itachi looked up at the sun, telling the time.

"And you're not going to attack me?" He had asked.

Rin chuckled to herself. "We both know if a certain Uchiha found out we ran into each other, he'd throw a hissy fit." The girl had got up from her tree and jumped over in front of the man. "But if you want to make something believable, I can break the ground then quickly throw myself off a cliff. Or something like that."

Itachi shook his head.

"No, I don't think that's needed." With that Sakura and Chiyo snapped out of the jutsu along with Kakashi.

"Rin! Be careful!" Kakashi yelled. The girl smiled mischievously and threw three kunai knives before flipping back behind Kakashi.

Itachi threw two fire style jutsus as Kakashi prepared for chidori. Kakashi aimed the lightning towards Itachi who jumped out of the way. Only to be in place for Naruto's rasengan.

Naruto crashed his body and his jutsu into Itachi's chest. The dirt and dust filled the air causing the others to find shelter in the trees.

Rin shoved her hands towards the ground, opening a magic circle. "Screaming soul!" She yelled.

Screaming soul opens up the ground in cracks, only for the air to be filled with the screams of the souls who are being tortured. The tortured soul is red, representing the pain they feel. So these cracks glow red.

The ground let out screeches causing the others to cover their ears. Itachi jumps into the air again.

While the spell dies down he looks towards Kakashi.

"Is he deaf too." Rin mumbles concerned to herself, dusting off her gloves. Jumping off into the woods, she lets the mist surround herself to help her hide.

The mist quickly fades as Itachi sends another fireball. Rin peers over the trees to see both of them staring at each other, in some genjutsu battle, she guessed.

She could hear Kakashi yelling for Naruto to attack him and his clone. Paired with the noise, Rin came out of hiding. Looking over to Sakura and grandmother Chiyo all five of them walked over to the body lying in the ground.

"What?" The girl questioned. Instead of Itachi appearing, it was a random man.

"Lady Chiyo," Kakashi questioned. "Do you know who this man is?"

The old lady hummed. "I do," she said. "This is Yura and he is a jōnin from my own village." Rin peered over at the woman in surprise.

"What a plot twist."