Chapter 38: Minerva

The bar was a wreck, Rin's guild mates drunk out of their minds. Her wallet cried out weakly as they started a brawl. She only hoped that they didn't break anything of importance.

She was happy that there was only four days till the games were over. Her only relief from this metaphorical hell was that her bed was days away.

She stood on the balcony watching the Naval battle. Natsu had dragged her butt out at the crack of dawn because he had a "good feeling about today." She was still surprised he was standing and not hungover.

Then again no one in the guild was.

The giant water bubble fight of course started by Aquarius and Juvia dunking it out. Their twinning cyclones of water cutting straight through the middle.

Though Rin didn't keep her eyes on that. Only on the black haired sabertooth sitting there in the middle. Completely avoiding attacks from both sides.

She also watched as Jenny from Blue Pegasus also kicked out that guy from that puppy guild.

Rin's eyes followed Minerva as she shifted in her seat. The ghost of the first guild master, cheering on Juvia and Lucy.

And of course when Juvia pulled out that big move kicking out three opponents, she just had to slide out of the bubble. Leaving Lucy and Minerva. Run winced, knowing that Minerva has this in the bag. It also didn't help that Natsu declared war on Sabertooth also.

So when the pure heat errupted behind Lucy. Run got up and walked away. Her screams can only echo in the stadium. The sound of Minerva's get strokes were echoing.

And of course since it was a a tournament for people to enjoy, no one stopped the match, till the last second. After all the games weren't responsible for any loss of life.

The paramedics rushing into the field. Rin slid down the wall in horror as the announcer stated that she wasn't moving. Natsu's yells didn't help the situation. Frosch and Lector coming towards her as the stadiums yelling to fight.

"We should've seen this coming." Lector said. He tried not to act as cocky. "It is Minerva." Frosch nodded and held out his arms waiting for a hug. Rin sighed and picked up the exceed.

"Will she be okay?" Frosch asked. Rin shrugged and stood up.

"We should go check, and apologize for Minerva's behavior." Lector wrinkled his nose as if he just smelled something rotten. Rin sighed as she let the exceed walk in front of her. "It's the most we could do."

"Fine, but Sabertooth is the best guild out there." Rin hummed. Even though she didn't agree to their methods. She couldn't argue that it contributed to the reason why they were in fact, number one.