Chapter 68: A Mourning Period

The death is Itachi Uchiha was foreseen before the events of the night had taken place. After all the man was on a screwed up version of a suicide mission. However, the capture of his younger brother by an Akatsuki member was not.

After the attempt of capturing Itachi had failed for the lead village the news of his assassination had spread quickly. So with a cup of tea she snuck into the Uchiha grounds to place it at his grave.

"Hey." She mumbled, noticing the three Dango sticks at his grave. "I'll be going back to Earth-land for a bit." She looked off into the distance, "There's war brewing, I'm sure you've felt it." Her shoulders sagged, the sudden tiredness was obvious as the bags bled down into her face. "I also have coronation coming up." She looked down at her hands. The dark magic running her veins were obvious, but no one had spoken about it. "Look out for everyone for me okay." She smiled softly at the grave.

With a turn of her heel, she disappeared. Leaving only raven feathers.

"I'm back!" She called out, entering the tiny apartment. Groceries filling her arms, Rogue from his spot on the couch got up and used his long legs to walk over. He swiftly picked up the brown bags and ruffled Rin's hair much to her displeasure. "What'd I miss?" She asked with a smile. Her muscles welcoming the relaxing nom existant ache it was used to.

"Your boyfriend keeps leaving office, hates doing paperwork. Frosch got a new frog costume. The Grand Magic Council was attacked. Oh your guild keeps getting into trouble but that—"

"What!" Rin yelled, scaring Frosch. Her red eyes looked down apologetically.

Rouge frowned, "you shouldn't worry about it, you just came back from work. I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead from stress. If only Sting worked as hard as you did." He shook his head, moving back to the kitchen to put the groceries away.

Rin plopped down on the couch, letting her skin breath in the magic. "What happened Rouge?" She asked, picking up Frosch and rocking him like a child. The exceed grinned and held on tight.

"It's rumoured to be the dark guild Tartaros from that Balam Alliance. A demon gate. I don't know the specifics." He sighed, the man looked down at the counter, glancing at the calendar pinned to the wall. "You missed Natsu's birthday." He mumbled. "It's been three months since you left for your mission. You said it wouldn't be long."

Rin frowned as she tilted her head. "A friend of mine was killed in action." She mumbled looking up at the ceiling. "He was 21 years old. Not that old compared to us."

"I'm sorry." Rogue mumbled, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and placing it in front of her. The silence washed over the both of them as they eyed the wall in comfort.

"I'll be in my room." She said, "don't worry about picking up Sting later, I'll surprise him" Rin winked. Rouge rolled his eyes and faked a gag. Both Rogue and Frosch looked up at her as the door closed with a soft click.

"Will Rin be okay?" Frosch asked. Rogue frowned as he glanced down at his one true happiness.

"It's the price she has to pay. No one comes back fully sane with the jobs she pulls." Rogue frowned. "But even if she doesn't, we'll be right there by her side."

Frosch smiled and let out a small cheer.

Rin walked around the city once before heading to the Sabertooth guild. Her Fairy Tail tattoo sticking out against her skin amongst the tigers.

"I know you're ill Itachi. I can help you if you let me." Her red eyes staring down his own.

"I've got to pay for my sins dear." His head coming to pat hers affectionately, like Natsu once had.

Rin blinked, her vision returning as she stood in front of the Guild Master's office on the second floor. Without warning she opened the door and there he was. Her loving, tired boyfriend, drooling on his hand a pen in his other.

Rin closed the door behind her and walked foreword till she sat on the desk close to his body heat. Reaching foreword she placed a hand on his cheek. "Sting." She cooed.

His eyes snapped foreword. Adjusting quickly to the sudden light change. "Rin!" He pushed himself up and quickly wrapped his arms around her tightly but loose enough so she wouldn't choke. He leaned down and hurried his face in her long raven hair.

The girl laughed and hugged him tightly. "You're back!" His voice muffled as he took in her natural scent.

"And you have drool on your chin." Sting let out a high pitch whine at the remark and pulled away only to cup her face. He observed the beginnings of crows feet near her eyes and bags underneath them. The sudden silver hairs and the frown lines beginning to form.

"A couple of bad months?" He asked quietly. Rin nodded as she reached up to smooth the wrinkle lines beginning to for near his nose.

"Why'd you do it?" Rin asked, "kill your clan that is."

Itachi stuck out his tongue and there sat a seal that every ANBU Black ops member was graced with. One that protected them from spilling secrets, even after death. He gave a sad smile and looked down at his feet. " I was ordered to." Was what he said.

"Stressful time as a guild leader?" She whispered, watching him mumble an answer to her question. Rin hummed, "I missed you." She blinked slowly, letting Sting grin tiredly.

"I love you too." He glanced at Lector who was asleep on one of the cushioned chairs that sat in front of his desk, causing Rin to look back at the red exceed which slept peacefully. "Wanna go back after a nap. I'll make us tea." He said, already pulling away to the stand next to the desk.

Rin tilted her head. The familiar feeling of comfort sinking in as she watched him affectionately. Her sad, tired red eyes gleaming. "Of course," She smiled thinly. "I would like that." Sting nodded and kissed her forehead quickly.

"Okay."