Chapter 26: Fox

Rin ran back to the hideout. Pushing herself to move. She could feel Kurama's powers spiking within the air.

The mission was to keep them apart, and she failed. But her other mission, her personal mission was to make sure that Kurma was to be kept in check. And that was one she couldn't fail.

Her black hair flailing behind her as she ran. Slowly but surly approaching the hideout. The girl paused for a moment, her feet tittering around the edge of the crater. To the right of her was Orochimaru and his apprentice Kabuto.

She didn't think much of it before when the fox energy was fluttering about like a wild card. Rin has seen the man on Naruto's team. The wood user.

But now, even she could tell he was running out of chakra. With that tired look on his face.

Rin waited as she glanced over to Sasuke as the temporary Team 7 waited down below. She chuckled lowly as Sasuke stood there "coolly," as he would like to call it.

He pushed his hip out, with a hand on the hilt of his sword. Rin chuckled once more. Even if he hated Naruto, they still had most of the same mechanisms.

Do now, think later. Or for Sasuke. He relies more on his natural instincts and the basics then someone with the likes of Shikamaru.

The black haired girl shook her head to get rid of the thoughts. She could think about this later.

Sasuke jumped forward landing in front of Naruto a sword at his throat, another spike of Kurama's being filtered the air. The space around them became filled with tension.

Rin pulled over a white hood over her head, in which covered her features and accented her red eyes.

With that, the girl jumped down into the fray. Her pale hands making contact with his skin. Both hands on his face as she peered deeply into his eyes.

The girl stood inside a sewer like structure. The concrete beams seemingly not supporting the roof above them. Causing water to drip down below onto the already flooded cavern.

She looked around the walls, a deep echo and vibration moving throughout the water. "Kurama." She whispered. Turning to the side she grabbed Sasuke's hand, and pulled it towards deep inside the labyrinth.

"You can deal with Naruto later, what's more important that he's alive when you do fight him." She hissed, making a right turn. "Kurama's goal is to lead him to a trap and open the cage, in a case accept his power. When he does, Kurama is going to use his body to reconstruct it or just rip himself out from him.

Sasuke shivered as the temperature dropped, and at the thought of his one of his goals in life was most likely going to be ripped to shreds."Let's go." He huffed.

The air grew warm and humid as they approached the demon and Naruto. You could see it in his eyes. The dullness of the blue. His whole body screaming in exhaustion and for help.

In front of the boy was the orange fox. His nine tails swishing about in a calm, almost smug manner. Rin jumped in between the two beings, pushing Naruto back behind her simultaneously.

"Kurama!" She yelled. Sasuke stood there, a hand on his nose. "It's not the right time." She glared, trying to scold the fox.

Sasuke's eyes turned into a ruby red with three black tommes. As he squeezed on the foxes nose, puffs of smoke exited the chakra form.

"You're a Uchiha," Kurama growled. "Nothing good comes out of that cursed clan." His tails moving around in a while frantic fashion. Rin approches slowly, moving her hands in slow manner before petting the fox. Quickly she turns her body to nuzzle him in affection.

"It's okay." She whispered. "He's with me."

Unfortunately she was ignored by the entity. As Sasuke spoke to Naruto. The girl sighed in displeasure. "Boys." She frowned under her cloak's head.

"You seem to recognize these eyes," Sasuke asked curiously. The fox huffed in an uncomfortable manner. His mood shifting between panic and distrust.

"They remind me someone's, a Marada Uchiha if you will."

Sasuke froze in consideration, "I've heard of that name before." He mumbled to himself displeased.

Rin rolled her eyes annoyed and gently kicked Sasuke out of the way. Her hands still on his snout. "Kurama!" She scolded. "You can't pull stunts like this...or else" She wagged her finger. "I'll boop you."

Sasuke deadpanned at his friend. Kind of disturbed and disappointed that they were even associated with each other.

Kurama's tails froze at the phrase. "No, please no." He covered his nose, hiding it beneath his paws. Rubbing it as if it was red and stuffy.

"Or worse, I'll let Naruto catch a cold." She glared. The fox's eyes widened in fright. He didn't like the boy, but he hated it when he was sick. It got him sick too. And no one likes being sick. "Now," She hummed contently. She stretched her hands above her head. "Let's get some work done.

Rin opened her eyes in the real world instead of that dingy sewer. Pushing her magic through Naruto to calm Kurama.

She turned to kick Sasuke out of way, and with a final pat on the back she was gone.