Chapter 22: Mangekyo Sharingan

Deidara threw more bombs towards Kakashi, who flew out of the smoke. Below her, Rin heard Naruto growl and shout at Kakashi.

Rin fluttered her wings, to build up speed, trying to push it. Soon enough Deidara flew faster down the cavern, and Naruto right behind him, pushing his chakra down to his feet.

Rin sighed, she couldn't fly that fast. Flying lower to the ground she flew next to Kakashi. "Why do we do now?" She asked.

"There's only one thing we can do." He spoke. Rin nodded, as they both chased after Naruto.

Rin took to the air once again, to only spot Deidara molding something into his hands. He soon threw them down towards Kakashi.

"Kakashi!" She yelled and looked downwards towards the specks of white clay. The copy ninja nodded and observed them.

Rin watched as he channeled his chakra to his feet to run by the bombs, and blocking most of the explosions with his arms. "Naruto, wait up!" He yelled.

"You're slowing me down Kakashi sensai! I'm going on ahead!" Naruto yelled.

"Don't do anything reckless."

"Yeah, Yeah I know!"

Kakashi looked up at the sky to see Rin flying above him. "Go after Naruto, I'll handle myself here." Rin nodded and flew after the blonde haired boy.

Right in Naruto's tail, she heard explosions right behind her. The girl turned her head back towards the direction.

Rin looked at her hands, and clenched them. She felt them go fuzzy.

Deidara flew back down towards the logs, and grinned at Naruto. "At last its the two of us."

"You suck a basic math." Rin grinned and stood beside Naruto, folding her wings in.

Deidara ignored her as he kept taunting Naruto. "Don't scowl like that, I was about to let you see your friend." The bird opened its mouth to show Gaara laying peacefully inside.

Next to her Rin heard Naruto growl loudly, as Deidara taunted him. "GIVE HIM BACK RIGHT NOW!" He screamed.

Behind him Kakashi grabbed Naruto's shoulder to hold him back. "Don't do it!"

From above she could here Deidara gasp. "Oh man," he whined. "I could've swore you just bought it back there."

"Sorry it wasn't the real me that blew up." The fuzzy feeling slowly disappeared as Kakashi channeled chakra towards her.

"Don't move!" Naruto yelled.

"I could say the same thing to you." Kakashi said to his student, pulling him back a little. "It'll be alright. We will get Gaara back, so calm down." Naruto grunted in reply.

Rin unfolded her black wings and took to the sky, just above Naruto and Kakashi. She could see Deidara close his eyes and think.

"I've got a plan." Rin turned her head down towards the two below her.

Kakashi smirked as he signaled for all of them to chase the bird in the sky. Rin this time right behind the both of them. "You all set?" He asked.

Rin hummed in reply as Kakashi channeled his chakra. She could feel Naruto getting impatient below her.

"Sensai you ready yet?" Naruto asked. Kakashi hummed in reply and dispelled all his remaining chakra. Pulling his hands down. Rin could see a new sharingan staring up at her.

As they jumped Kakashi stared into Deidara's eyes with his mangekyo sharingan. Casting Deidara into a black hole.

Kakashi grunted as he strained his eye. Rin picked the man up to relive him of using too much of his chakra.

Kakashi struggled with closing the black hole as Rin flew in between the logs. The black hole sucked in his arm and broke it off from his elbow and forearm. Only leaving his upper arm.

The man crouched in his bird as he bled out. Just as Kakashi held his eye. "You shouldn't strain yourself as much." She scolded. "You'll be ok though, right?" Rin asked.

"I'll be fine." Kakashi said, as he struggled to catch his breath. "I'm still not very good at controlling the size, or position of the barrier space." He took in a deep breath. "But I'll get right this time!" He exclaimed, removing his hand.

Kakashi glared up at Deidara, as Rin took to the side of the treetops. Trying to get the man close as he can. A second black hole in the sky trying to suck Deidara in as his bird maneuvered around it.

Kakashi's deep breath became more frequent as he tried to control the space around Deidara.

The bird flew around in a circle before diving down in a weak spot of the jutsu. Rin sighed as she watched the black hole disappear.

The girl landed on a tree branch and leaned Kakashi against the trunk. Placing a hand on his forehead to check his temperature as sweat moved down his face. "You shouldn't strain your chakra like that. Next time try building a reserve for something that takes up that much of your chakra."

Kakashi ignored the girl. "Dammit, I Let him get away." Rin waved her hand in dismissal.

"Its fine, we still have Naruto!" The girl cheered. The blonde hair boy grinned as he and his clone built up his rasengan and punched the swirling ball of chakra into the akatsuki's member's gut.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" They could hear Naruto shout. As well see the puff of smoke in the sky. As both of the bird's mouth and man fall down to the ground.

Two of the clones took the head and scratched it open, while one of the Naruto's came to check on Kakashi. Her summoner let his mangekyo sharingan fade away to his regular one. "Kakashi sensai, are you ok?" He asked frantically.

"Yeah, I think so." He said as gasped for oxygen. All three of them watched as Naruto's clones tore away at the head.

Rin saw the Narutos shake in grief. Taking off her hand on Kakashi's shoulders. She flew over to the three clones.

"Naruto." She whispered. "Let me see him." Her eyes going back to its blazing red. Naruto turned away from them and went to attack Deidara, with of course Kakashi supporting him.

Rin took the body out of the bird head gently as the chaos went on behind her. Laying his head in the girl's arms, she felt a spike of something.

Rin turned around to see orange ooze soaking out of Naruto's body. The two clones fully handed the girl the body.

Rin let her black wings fully expand as she flew into the sky. Gaara in her arms, as if she were the angel of death.