Chapter 21: Deidara

"Let's recap," Gai says through the com. "Once team Gai reaches the targets, we will wait for my signal to rip off the tags. While Kakashi does the same on his end."

Kakashi hums. "Once done, Sakura will punch through the boulder and we will attack. That will be our signal to charge inside and rescue Gaara."

Rin closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

Through the coms she could hear the others were at the four seals. "Ready when you are." Rin smiles and cracks her fist. Kakashi ripped off the seal quickly, yelling at his student. "Now Sakura!"

The pink haired girl punched the boulder, causing numerous cracks to spread across it before falling apart.

Once inside the cavern, the girl's eyes widened. The blonde haired Akatsuki sat on top of Gaara, while the meaner looking one stayed hunched over.

She could tell Gaara was dead, he looked to peaceful. "Now then," the blonde grinned. "Which one of you would be the jinchuriki?" He grinned.

Rin from the corner of her eyes can see Naruto's demeanor change. His eyes red and fox like, the whisker marks on his face boulder and finally his teeth sharper. "You, you bastards!" He yelled. "I'll kill the both of you!"

The one who bursts in and starts barking." The meaner one said. "That would be him then."

"Sasori my man, I think you're correct." The blonde said.

Naruto ignored both of the akatsuki members, and yelled at Gaara to wake up. Rin sighed and closed her eyes, and let her magic flow faster through her.

"Enough Naruto!" Kakashi yelled. "You know full well that..." Kakashi didn't want to finish his sentence.

Rin snapped her eyes open, letting the inky black consume their target. Her demon eyes shifted over to Gaara, his body glowing white.

She sighed in relief, knowing that he would now be in heaven.

"Give him back." Naruto growled lowly, like a fox. "Give Gaara back you-" he screamed. The blonde ran forward to get his friend's body.

Only to be stopped by his own sensai.

"I'll hold onto him." Sasori spoke. "Since the jinchuriki will stop at nothing to get him back."

The blonde man chuckled, "that's putting it lightly." He looked over at the body under him. "Well my man," he grinned. "I doubt you want to hear this, but I'm just going to say it anyway. I think I'll take care of the jinchuriki."

As they both argued about art, she noticed that they weren't getting anywhere. The sun was almost setting.

Naruto got really impatient, and threw a shrunken, only for it to be blocked by Sasori's tail.

Deidara grinned as he stood up, and threw something into the air. It later turned out to be a white bird. The bird picked up Gaara's body in his beak.

As both artists argued, and as Deidara almost got impaled by his teammates tail, he jumped up onto his bird. "See you around my man!" He said, as the bird swallowed the Kazakage.

Naruto huffed and ran after him, with Rin and Kakashi right behind Naruto. "Just where the hell do you think you're going?!"

The bird circled in the air a couple of times, and from what she could tell the man on top, was staring down on them. Kakashi pressed his radio, "Gai, do you read me? The enemy is split up, we're going to need a hand. Return immediately." Kakashi grunted as he closed the mic.

Naruto screamed into the sky, his voice cracking with frustration. "Give him back!"

"Are you sure you want to waste your time with me?" Deidara grinned, "Hm Kakashi of the sharingan? You know my man Sasori is probably a more dangerous opponent then I am, as much as I hate to say it."

Rin snorted. As the blonde kept chattering, he was almost like Naruto in that aspect. Always talking.

Her black eyes looked up at the blonde, he seemed to be missing an arm, but maybe in between the battle with the Kazakage and now he replaced it.

When the slight stinging noise entered the air, Rin turned behind her. "Ah," Deidara said. "It seems they started." Rin closed her eyes and silently wished them good luck.

"Sensai, go on to Sakura, I can handle this." He said. Rin continued to train her eyes on Deidara as he reached into his pocket.

The man smirked, as Naruto jumped at him in pure rage. Deidara's smirk widened as he threw a bomb at the boy. Then throwing another at Kakashi and Rin.

"Hell Core: Cupid's wings!" She mumbled. A large magic circle appears on her back as she jumped. The bird bomb coming towards her.

Deidara detonated the bomb mid air, just in time for her black angel wings to appear. "Let go of him!" Naruto yelled.

Naruto climbed out of hole from the side of the cliff. How he got there Rin didn't question. Sighing oh so quietly she let the two talk. All ninja did was talk.

Naruto screamed when Deidara flew away, Rin followed soon after.

And Kakashi right behind them.

Rin took a deep breath, searching for a spell to slow the enemy. Most of her spells needed the earth to function, she didn't know of any that could help her in the air.

"Dammit," she cursed. Looking down below her she wondered if any of the fog of her spell would effect the other two. "Naruto!" She yelled. "Stand back a little." The boy nodded to her request and slowed his pace.

Rin smirked. "Hell Core: Acid Rain!" She yelled. The red magic circle glowed above Deidara, as the fog shifted in. And soon, the acidic rain came falling in. Burning holes into Deidara's clothes.

Deidara tore off his cloak and threw it down, now left in mesh shirt and ninja pants. He took his clay and chewed it with his hands.

Throwing his clay bombs at the girl, she dodged three the weapons as they exploded. But a fourth one threw her into the rock.

"Rin!" Naruto screamed. The girl groaned as she dusted herself off, and crawled out of the crater she had created.

"I'm fine!" She yelled, "let's keep going!"