Chapter 23: Breathing Life

The orange bubbles cloaked Naruto. His teeth were sharpening and his eyes bigger and red.

The bubbles took shape of a fox, it growing three tails. Naruto punched a tree causing dust to kick up as almost ten fell down.

Rin did nothing but watch in the sky. She would do nothing about taking the demon with in.

Seeing orange bubbles cloaking him was new and interesting. Looking down at Gaara, the girl wondered if he had the same thing happen to him with the one tail.

Kakashi jumped down to the boy, catching his attention. "Easy Naruto!" He spoke calmly. Naruto didn't care and instead punched the ground.

Kakashi jumped back and looked up at Rin. "Do you know if you can do anything?"

The girl shrug. "I don't know if me interfering will be a good or bad thing. Me being here is causing more of serve reaction too." The girl stared a little longer. "But from what I can tell, Kurama is trying to take over." She grinned. "That sounds just like him."

Kakashi shook his head. "That's supposed to be a bad thing!"

"For you that is." She grinned. Kakashi sighed and placed his hand in his back pouch and pulled out a seal.

Running over he pushed the seal onto Naruto's forehead and the chakra disappeared. The boy fell forward into Kakashi's arms.

As soon as all the chakra disappeared Kakashi peeled off the seal. "Are you alright Naruto?"

Rin stayed up into the sky, and shifted the body in her arms. Looking around she could tell the damage wasn't that bad, but the trees will have to grow back.

Sakura bounces off a tree and landed in front of the two of them. With Granny Chiyo leaning on her. Rin smiled at the thought of the girl beating Sasori into the ground. "We finally caught up to you!" She grinned.

"You found us, nice work." Kakashi said.

"Looks like you're still having some trouble here." Lady Chiyo mused, but her expression turned dark. "Where is Gaara though?" She asked.

Naruto hummed and pointed above them towards Rin. Lady Chiyo sighed in response.

The clangs of metal alerted the group as the turned around to find team Gai running after Deidara.

The akatsuki member ran to the body of his bird and bit a chunk out of it. "Be careful guys!" Kakashi yelled. "He's a long range fighter who uses explosives."

Team Gai landed in front of them as Deidara chewed the clay. "I think it's time to reveal my ultimate work of art!" Deidara grinned as his body expanded in mushy clumps.

Neji used his byakugan on Deidara. "He's concentrating all his chakra into one single point." The boy glared even further. "Oh no," he whispered. "Everyone get out of here immediately."

Rin gasped and flew further into the air, steadying the body within her arms as they increased altitude.

"Art is an EXPLOSION!"

Rin opened her eyes to see the explosion being sucked in by the black hole. Looking down she could tell Kakashi covering his eye in pain.

Kakashi breathed heavily as he fell over.

As soon as they arrived in an open field, Naruto called Rin down. The girl flew down and placed Gaara onto the grass, letting Sakura take a look at him.

The pink haired girl laid her hands on top of the Kazakage. "Sakura..." Naruto trailed off.

Sakura took her hands off the body and stood up, shaking her head. Rin frowned, as silence overtook all of them.

She could feel Naruto shake beside her, tears attempting to run down his face. "Why, why is it always like this?" Naruto questioned, cursing fate. "Why is it always Gaara? He's the Kazakage." Naruto approached the body. "He just became the Kazakage!"

"Try to calm yourself, Naruto Uzimaki." Granny Chiyo spoke steadily.

"You shut up!" Naruto snapped. "Just shut up! If all of you sand Shinobi hasn't put a monster inside Gaara, then this wouldn't have happened to him!" He yelled. "Did you even consider how Gaara felt, did you even ask?" The tears running down his face made their hearts cracked as Rin watched. "Us jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us. Who are you to decide someone else's fate!" Naruto broke down sobbing, next to his friend. "I couldn't save Sasuke, and now I could even save Gaara. For three years, I've trained so hard. But nothing has changed!" His sobbing turned into full on gasps, as the boy clutched Gaara's body.

Granny Chiyo stood up and walked over to the sobbing boy and Gaara. Rin watched as the old woman closed her eyes, letting the soft wind speak.

She placed her hands on top of the boy's body, both of them giving off a faint blue glow. Rin gasped at what the old woman was doing.

"Lady Chiyo, that jutsu!" Sakura took a step forward. But the old woman didn't move, as she continued to pour her life, her chakra into the boy.

They watched and stared as Lady Chiyo struggled to pour chakra into the boy. Naruto ran over and offered his hands. "Take my chakra, take as much as you need! Please!"

"Place your hands on top of mine." She croaked out. Rin shifted over and placed Gaara's head on her lap. Beside her Granny Chiyo whispered words for only Naruto to hear.

Rin closed her eyes as she eased Gaara back into his state. Making sure him adjusting back to life easier. Her magic slipped into his mind and put it at peace.

The Kazakage was waking, and with that she pulled away. Walking back to Sakura she could hear the girl whisper into her ear. "What did you do?"

Rin turned to see the sand Shinobi run up. "I eased the transition. Coming back from the dead is pretty traumatic. He's bound to have PTSD." Rin sighed as she watched Naruto place his hand on Gaara's shoulder as he awoke. "I made sure his mind was stable enough to handle the side affects. Granted it isn't perfect so he will still have to remember everything. But it'll bring a little less pain."

Rin walked towards Granny Chiyo's grave in the night. Her hands bearing food for the dead. Placing it onto the grave she sat down in prayer.