Chapter 28: Sting

Sting nuzzled Rin affectionately as she arrived at the capital. Rin rolled her eyes at the affection, but returned it with a pat on his head.

"So your brother is participating in your games?" He grinned. Rin once again rolled her eyes.

"You know him and I aren't speaking terms." She grinned and gave him a wink. "So if you're trying to learn about strategy and about your opponents, you're out of luck."

Sting frowned. "You know I don't...particularly like your brother-"

"Oh please he was your idol."

"But that doesn't mean I want you to push him away. He's family." Rin frowned. Sting got a certain way when it came to the topic of family.

"I'll think about it." She smiled. "Now I'm here to watch you win. So you better work hard." Sting scoffed and took Rin's bag and slung it over his shoulder. Groaning he looked over at her.

"Why are your bags always heavy?" He whined. Rin smirked and leaned against him.

Rin looked up at the darkening sky. The blues, purples and blacks mixing together. She looked over at the two twin dragon slayers in front of her. Lector and Frosch sitting in her arms.

"It's getting quite late." Rouge said as he looked up into the sky. Rin nodded from behind them. "We should head back Sting."

Sting hummed as they both turned around. Only for a beer bottle to crash right into Sting's head.

The blonde whipped around so fast Rin swore his neck snapped. "What was that for!" He yelled at the men. Rin openly groaned at the two of them picking a fight.

"Sting," she whined. "Can we go back to the hotel, please." But alas it was ignored.

"We hear you two are the most powerful wizards in Fiore." Rin groaned at the man. Coming at two wizards with only his fists.

Though it was a known fact that wizards have a stronger mind then a stronger body, that wasn't always the case.

"Can we please go! Sting! Rouge!"

"Yes and do you have a problem with it?" Rouge asked. Rin sighed as Lector and Frosch jumped out of her arms to join the fray. Lector with more enthusiasm.

"Cocky little-" She sighed as she leaned against a pole. Slowly as the two boys beat up the men who thought they could go against two of the most powerful wizards currently in the world, she closed her eyes.

Only to peep them open when Sting talked. "Anyone else want to go?" He questioned a smirk filling his face. The people around them cheered. Rin sighed as she pushed herself off the pole to approach them. "Looky here." Sting's voice echos.

"Is that Natsu Dragneel?" Rouge asked. Rin looked down at her pink haired brother and looked away from his questioning gaze.

Lucy slowly emerges from the crowd as they begin to explain who Sting and Rouge were.

"You think your hot stuff?" Natsu questioned on the floor. Sting approached  him with a laugh.

"So the rumeurs about you entering the Grand Magic Games are true after all."

"How do you know who I am?" Rin cringed at the question.

"When will you realize you were famous, are famous dumbass." She mumbled to herself. As the Exceed below her fought.

Rin spaced out as she thought about all the ways she could just leave this conversation.

Rin flinched at the telling as she listened it. "You scum those were your parents!" Natsu's voice growled. His eyes directly pointed at her as she stood there stoic.
"Rin!" He yelled as he yanked her arm. The black haired girl stumbled back into her brother. "We're going back to the hotel."

Her ruby eyes flared up at her brother. "Natsu." She growled. "Let. Go."

He didn't listen as he continued to pull. "Look I know we're not on the best terms now but I don't want you to wonder around. Especially with people like them."

"Rin!" Sting yelled. A mischievous glint in his eyes. His smirk widened as he tossed her bag back. "See you in the morning babe." As he waved goodbye to her.

"How dare he-"

Rin pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "It's fine. I'm dating him. Let's just go." She said as she pushed the pink haired boy and Lucy back.

"You're too young to date!"

"I'm 16 years old." Rin sighed in annoyance.

"He's a douche bag! How can you not see it!"

"Trust me I do see it."

"I don't think he loves you that much at all."

"We're literally mates. As in soulmates, Natsu."

Natsu froze and turned around quickly. He looked into Rin's ruby red eyes and saw a little girl. She had long black hair that flowed all the way down to her feet. Her overalls covered the majority of a pink shirt. But she still had the same ruby red eyes.

Natsu swallowed. She didn't look like that little girl. Rin didn't smile a whole lot, she didn't wear overalls and her hair was up in a ponytail. Her ruby red eyes were dull. They held no life, no spark.

This wasn't his little Rin. This wasn't his sister.

At least not anymore.

She grew up and saw what the world was like. And accepted it. Her hands were rough and scarred. Her expression like a warrior.

And one thing Natsu definitely noticed, her steps quiet. They were light, too light too unlike Rin. The girl who would stomp into the guildhall and kick the door open.

"Rin." His eyes grew glossy. The black haired girl raised an eyebrow at her brother. "Never mind ." He said as he quickly blinked the tears away. "Let's get back to the hotel."

Questioning the odd behavior silently. The girl swung her large backpack over shoulder and quickly flowed her brother.
Natsu listened quietly but could barley hear them. He could barley hear his younger sisters footsteps, and he didn't like that fact at all.