twelve.

Hey! Enjoy!

I woke up in a hospital room full of dead bodies and a crying Xavier in a pool of blood.

I stared in confusion, watching as Reese stared at me in complete awe and perplexity.

I could've sworn that I was in the middle of surgery, but as I checked my body, all my wounds were gone.

My first breath was a heavy, deep one. Like I hadn't breathed since time began.

Xavier looked up at me, his electric blue eyes piercing into mine before he jumped up and ran towards the bed I was on, crushing me into his large arms.

"Oh my God, Alia. Oh my God." He whispered.

With my new but old heightened sense, the smell of blood was too much for Mia and myself, and in the midst of the hug , I threw up.

Right on his shirt.

He stepped back, nearly slipping on all the blood on the floor.

I was too tired to comprehend, though. I just fell asleep in his arms, feeling Mia recede into the back of my mind.

+++
I woke up again in a daze. A scent of pine and cinnamon filled my nose and woke me up completely. I was wrapped in silk sheets and there was a warm body next to me.

I jumped up and screamed, to which he  fell off the bed and rose back up, claws out and his wolf pushing to the surface.

"What am I doing here with you?!" I screamed.

"You were sick! I didn't want you to be alone!" He yelled at me.

Stop. Mia said to me as I checked to see if all my clothes were on.

"Are you serious?" He growled, pushing his hands through his hair. "Do you think I would have really hurt you? I was trying to keep you safe. Alia, you died." He whispered the last part so softly that I wouldn't be able to hear it if I didn't have Mia back.

I flashed back to the amount of bodies and blood that surrounded me as I woke up from my surgery. His wolf must have broken down when I died.

"Why did you kill all those doctors, Xavier?" I said softly, still deciding in the back of my mind whether or not I would dash out today.

"It-it wasn't all me, you know. My wolf...all he felt was rage. Even I felt rage. Losing your mate...its the worst thing ever. He's been hurting the last couple days. He couldn't feel his bond or his mate. He was losing himself. I was losing myself..." he trailed.

He ran his hand through his hair again.

That's sexy. Mia growled.

I could feel my bond to him growing stronger. It wasn't only Mia, though. It was me. Of course I didn't trust him, and of course we had a long way to go, but he cared. More than the average person. I'd be blind not to see that.

"You didnt have to kill them." I said, walking slowly towards the bathroom.

"I didn't have to. I wanted to." He said simply. "Reese is still alive, and that's only because you're fond of him. You saved him. Be proud."

I scoffed in disgust. He couldn't just kill his wolves every time he was angry. It made me angry when these women cowered. Their traditional jobs were disgusting. I bet they could fight. I bet they could do more.

I knew they were capable.

I would push them to their true potential even if it meant the loss of the packs respect. What did I care? I'm not their Luna.