twenty-three.

Enjoy! For new and older readers, don't forget to check out "Mara". It's getting good!

We arrived at my pack lands. At this point, Mia was completely happy with the pair of mates that Xavier had picked. Even I was angry at the way Mina handled the situation.

Of course, revenge is a normal thing that most wolves go through when wronged, and some part of me understood her completely.

Although that was the case, and I would normally side with her, my connection to him was way stronger and I couldn't help being in his favor, even if his dad was a murdering psycho. Even if he is a murdering psycho.

Maybe when my heat was over, I'd be able to have senses that arent clouded by complete lust and arousal.

"Xavier, the full moon isn't until tonight. Emilia won't be starting the transfer until midnight. That's when the moon will be at it's highest." I said softly to him.

"Well, we need to put them somewhere. Separated."

I nodded, heading to the prison under my garage.

I opened the door on the bottom and went down first, Mina, Joseph, and Xavier behind me, in that order.

I opened the heavy door and instantly Will's scent hit me hard. His sharp eyes darted towards me and pure pain showed in his eyes.

"Alia!" He shouted, running dangerously close to the silver bars.

"Address her correctly!" Xavier snapped at him.

Will glared at him. "I owe you no respect. Don't speak to me. You are not my alpha and you challenged my pack." He stated diplomatically, an underlying threat discreetly laced in his tone.

Xavier snarled lowly but said nothing in return.

I walked close to his cell, examining the arm that no longer had the curse mark on it.

A large part of me missed Will. Besides Tya, he was one of my very best friends.

Tya. Mia whimpered. I'd have to make time to see him.

The mark was gone, but I had to make sure that Iris lifted the curse.

"How has your wolf been feeling? Any more of those...thoughts?"

"My wolf has been upset. He's angry that we're here. He's also mad that we let some bitch get the best of us. I...I don't have those thoughts anymore. They just disappeared a day after you had first locked me in here."

I think he's sincere, Mia said.

I think so too. If his curse is truly lifted, then Iris is a woman of her word. I think I'll let him go...for now. I thought back to her.

I grabbed a pair of thick gloves and unlocked the gate, to which Will ran to me, tackling me to the ground.

A loud growl ripped through the heavy air and Will was immediately thrown off of me and into the silver bars, his skin immediately burning.

He shook off the pain and ran towards Xavier, hitting him with all his force.

Will was too weak to shift and I knew that if Xavier shifted, I wouldn't be able to stop him from fighting Will unless I fought him myself.

I ran in between them, taking the next punch that was directed at Xavier.

It hurt like hell.

"Stop!" I snapped, clutching my shoulder in pain.