twenty-nine.

Check out my new book Mara and enjoy!

The battle was scheduled at the point of the night where the moon was at its highest, giving each warrior the power to use their full potential.

I hadn't seen Xavier since he left my room, and Mia couldn't feel his presence. I didn't know who Neira was up against, but I had complete faith in her. She could take down entire male wolves with her bare hands, so I doubted that she would have an issue.

It scared me though, the thought of her coming back to Silver Aura. She was completely right, she submitted to me and traded blood with me, ensuring me the position of her new alpha.

I would do anything for Neira, despite her closed off personality and the way she keeps her secrets private. She had saved my pack, my life, countless times. She was beta material, shit, alpha material.

If it came down to it, I had made up my mind that I would fight Xavier for her. Mia begged me not to go against him, but even she knew how valuable Neira was.

Her wolf was strong, something we need in Bronze Moon.

I waited at the barriers for Tya, sensing his presence although he was miles away. I had waited until 6:54 in the evening, the Silver Aura warriors sneering at me as I stood there.

"Are you here for a reason?" A darker toned one growled in my direction.

I turned to him, sensing a challenge. Did he think he had the sort of power to speak to me in that manner?

"How about you mind your fucking business?" I growled back, Mia pushing her way into control.

I hated the men in this pack. They were so obnoxious, and with all the stress I had been facing, this guy would be the perfect one to relieve my anger onto.

"What in the fuck did you just say to me, bitch?" He dragged out the last word.

Other men gathered around, sensing a challenge, and they prepared themselves for a fight.

I was too quick.

I grabbed the soldier by his neck, baring my fangs at him. The other soldiers hurried towards me, some shifting and readying their attack. I quickly shifted as well, grabbing the initial guy by his neck with my teeth, biting down viciously on his neck, feeling his blood flow into my mouth.

He couldn't shift at this point. He was too weak.

I threw him into a tree, watching as the other wolve watched. All of them were in wolf form, and the biggest one took his chance, jumping on me and grabbing my scruff with his teeth.

I pushed my back onto him and landed with my back facing his chest. I moved quickly, biting into his neck hard as he sat in shock, caught off guard by the move I had used.

I pushed my paws into his chest, collapsing his ribs as I heard them crack under my applied pressure.

Then, I heard a familiar roar. It shook the trees and made all the other warrior wolves stop in their tracks.

Tya ran through the trees, Neira on his back. She quickly jumped off, half shifting, working with Tya to completely slaughter every shifted wolf that dared to try and compete with me.

I joined, killing three more wolves before I heard a voice, a very angry one.

He made Neira and myself stop in our tracks, someones spine in Neira's bloody hand from ripping it out of someone's back.

"HOW DARE YOU?" He growled to each of the warrior wolves.

He stalked up to me before Neira blocked his path.

"You will not touch her." She growled.

I could feel all of his emotions. Again, pure rage. It made Mia so uncomfortable and it made me angry that I even started this fight.

Sort of.

"Move." He growled at her in a low tone. His eyes were icy blue, and I could tell he was close to shifting.

I needed to calm him down before he tried to attack everybody, including myself.

You can move. I said to her in my alpha tone. She looked back at me weirdly, unsure. He is my mate.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. Xavier's eyes never left hers as she slowly moved out his way.

"They started it." Was my lame excuse for killing five of his warriors.

Xavier stared at me, his heart thumping so hard it hurt my ears.

"Alia. You need to explain, and do it quickly. You cant come here and kill my best men." He growled. I could tell he was really trying to keep his composure, which said a lot since his first instict in any hostile situation was to kill.

His strongest men? Two girls and a regularly ranked wolf just killed his best men? If that's the case, Neira could destroy his best man.

Are you really sure about that? I heard his sweet voice in my mind making my body shiver.

Yes. Only three of us caused this damage. You're mad? Mad a girl beat your little warriors? He challenged me, Xavier. Tell your men not to goddamn try me, and they won't end up with ripped out spines and crushed ribs. I smirked externally.

He moved closer to me, ignoring my wolves growling at him, trying to get him to move back.

You will be punished. Severely. He growled, his face staying as serious as when he first approached.

"I will send pack medics here. I want no more attacks on my land by your pack or it will be nothing short of a war." He growled at me before stalking off into the green of the woods.

+++

SO ILL BE UPDATING LATER TN

BUT THIS IS A SNIPPET

HOPE U ENJOYED.

NEIRA IS GONNA FIGHT IN THE NEXT CHAP

WILL SHE WIN

OR WILL THERE BE A FUCKING PLOT TWISTTTT

GUESS CAUSE IDK EITHER GUYS