thirty-eight.

Vote and Enjoy!!

"You found...who?" I stood, approaching her cautiously. Her eyes were white, the color of her beasts. I would never forget those eyes. Ever.

"Cameron." She sighed, her wolf's voice leaking out. There was a thick layer of love laced into that one word, and as her body relaxed and her wolf somewhat retreated, the word sent violent chills down my back.

"Dad. Is. Dead." I said slowly, refusing to acknowledge her thoughts.

"He isn't! Do you think that I wouldn't know my mate when I see him? The one that marked me, mated with me, pupped me? Gave me you? Would you know Xavier when you saw him?" She growled, stepping up to me.

I took a step back and Xavier extended his claws.

"I would," I said slowly, "but we need to get back to Bronze Moon before the council catches us."

"I am not going back," she growled, he tone getting softer as she looked out of the cabin window, "not without Cam."

Do you think she's serious? Xavier asked, his voice shadowing hers in roughness.

I... I don't know. She's bent on it and...we're no match for her. Her wolf is her beast, and her beast is no match for us. I said carefully, making sure to analyze the situation as I spoke.

"Where did you see him at?" I asked, watching her relax under the comfort that I would at least follow through with her idea.

"He was at Golden Sun. The one with Alpha Althos." She growled. I knew for certain how much Althos ment to her, and for him to allegedly be the one holding my father in captivity must have set her on complete edge. "We have to get him. Tonight."

"We need a strategy. What if Althos catches us?" Xavier stood straight.

"Even if he did, his pack would never undergo a war with mine. Or yours. It's too small, too untrained. Only Althos is trained and he can't fend for himself against three of us." Osira pointed out.

I didn't like how she called Bronze Moon hers, although she is their Luna. It set a bad taste in my mouth, like she was assuming way too much power. I sat down on the dusty chair behind me that held a comforting and familiar scent.

"We can ambush."

"They'll call the council."

"Not if we kill all of them." Xavier pointed out. Osira looked at him in shock and turned to me.

"And you're scared of me?" She chuckled. I glared at Xavier.

"We're not killing every single member if that pack. It's not right." I growled.

Osira stepped up to me, her body towering mine, "I will do anything to save my mate. I will kill, I will destroy anything! Anything that has to do with him," she reached her hand down as if she was going to caress my face but she stopped and stared into my eyes, softness covering hers, "or you."

"Osira. Don't do this. Not now, okay?" I asked, a pleading tone lacing my voice. I couldn't allow her to bring tears to my eyes. Not in front of Xavier. I wouldn't ever want him to see me weak.

In my peripheral vision, I saw his head snap in my direction, and I knew that he heard what I had thought. A slight anger rose in him before he calmed it down.

"I say we sneak in...the same way I did. If a confrontation rises, and you're sure the council would be involved, we'll...we'll do Xavier's plan." She muttered, biting her nail.