twenty-seven.

Enjoy!! CHECK OUT "MARA" MY NEW BOOK!!

I woke up, my mind everywhere but in the present. Waves of anger hit me before I even got to process what happened or where I was.

It was anger from Xavier, I obviously wasn't feeling it. I sat there, my eyes closed, using my bond to try and comprehend why he was so angry, but our mind link was blocked, and I couldn't read his thoughts.

I sat up, waves of the previous day floating into my head.

Emilia.

A sudden pain bursted in my chest. I hugged my knees close to my chest and remembered everything that happened, embracing them and making myself understand that those things are reality.

Reality never changes.

A great warrior embraces her weaknesses. She holds no fears, no unstable characteristics. That's how she wins. That's how she conquers.

Emilia was a weakness. Osira is a weakness. Xavier is a weakness.

Two out of three that I cannot erase from my life. Three out of three that can cripple me in battle, mentally and, in the long run, physically.

Being vulnerable did not sit right with me, or Mia.

I realized, whatever cripples my wolf, cripples me. Xavier could definitely force my wolf into disconnection. I was surprised that Emilia didn't. She loved her more than me. Osira only sent both of us into a complete spiral of anger. That made us weak.

I hadn't been weak in a very long time. Having a mate only made me less of a warrior.

So why did I want one at this point?

I turned on the Xavier scented bed only to see his dull blue eyes staring at me from the corner of the room.

I jumped, Mia immediately pushing her way into control from being shocked.

"What the hell are you doing watching me?!" I shouted at him.

He smirked, and I felt his anger trickle into slight amusement.

"Well, I came in at about four in the morning, just to check on you, but my wolf wanted to spend time with you. I didn't want to wake you, so I just sat here." He stood, stretching his arms as if he had been sitting for a very long time.

I noticed something different, which made me shy away from his gesture.

"Rage," was written on his forearm in traditional Latin, and there was a crescent moon next to the word.

He summoned a God.

"What did you do yesterday?" I asked cautiously.

When a God is summoned, wolves tend to become unstable for a couple of days because their bodies are becoming one again after being separated in the spirit world.

Our hormones become imbalanced and the smallest things can set us off.

Xavier, especially with his short fuse, could tear this whole pack apart, alone, especially since his hormones are way out of the ordinary right now.

Rage...that's what he felt the most when he summoned the God. That's what he feels all the time. That's why that's the one word that stayed imprinted on his arm. It'll never go away.

He sat back down, covering his new tattoo with his large hand and worry spreading across his face.

"That's what I wanted to speak to you about. Can you sit?" He murmered.