twenty-one.

Enjoy!!

I hadn't spoken to Xavier since the fight we had in the woods. He was currently leading me to his territory.

Apparently he knows the perfect couple.

I still disagreed with the fact that we would be in charge of the demise of another couple, but if I didn't comply, it would just prolong the situation.

Time was a factor, of course.

He approached a beaten down house, but the scent inside was intoxicating.

Xavier sent me a sharp look, he must have been angry that I thought any other scent but his own was lovely.

I ignored him and he banged on the door. His pack members never spoke to him or made eye contact. They continuously hurried past in quick motions, averted their eyes, and bowed when they got too close.

Some children whimpered in worry when they saw him. What in the hell does he do over here to invoke such fear?

A small pale woman opened the door and quickly averted her eyes. Then she looked at me and her mouth formed into a quick "O".

"Alpha-I mean-Luna-uh-um-" she stumbled over her words.

"Just, Alpha." I corrected her. Her eyes widened more and a wave of anger passed through me as Xavier snarled only slightly.

"Alpha Alia," she sighed, "I've heard so much about you. You're pretty popular on pack lands..." she trailed off.

I nodded and smiled at her. "You don't have to look away from me. You can look me in my eyes." I assured her, the same thing I did with Dr. Reese.

She smiled but still kept her eyes away, due to the fact that the little tyrant was standing to my right.

"How can I help you?" She questioned.

"Did you mate with Arlen yet?" Xavier asked his alpha tone.

"No." She shook her head.

"Where is he?"

"Work."

"I need him to come home. Now. Go get him and be back in twenty minutes." He demanded. She quickly slipped her shoes on and sprinted to his job.

No questions asked.

I turned to him as he waltzed into her house, plopping on her couch.

"I don't want them to be the ones." I said simply.

"Now you want to speak to me?" He hummed, fiddling with the fabric on the sofa.

"I'm serious, Xavier."

"Alia, just mind your goddamn business and let me do this."

"No!" I growled, my alpha tone clear as day.

"Stop. Always. Challenging. Me." He growled back. "Do you see? This is why submission is necessary!"

"My submission is nothing but a dream of yours, as it will always be." I shrugged my shoulders and looked away as he growled again.

He was aggravated and I couldn't help feeling complete satisfaction. 

He got up, making the couch tip slightly. "They only have four minutes left. Today is not the day to fuck with me!" He snapped. I stood up, reminding myself that his temper was on edge constantly. I held his forearm and he relaxed under my touch.

His skin cooled down and he sighed heavily.

"She had to go far to get him." I reminded him.

He nodded, his eyes still hard.