fourty-two.

I sat in my office mulling over the seriousness of Sama and her daughter. I could sense the secrets she held, and the fact that I wasn't her alpha meant she held no obligation to me.

She did hold it to Xavier, though.

Come to my office, please, Xavier. I mind linked him.

I'm busy. He sounded preoccupied.

I growled at him and he sighed before walking in the door twenty minutes later.

"I see that you missed me." He smiled.

"No. I have a question about a girl."

"There are no other girls but you," he smirked, leaning back.

I growled, "I'm serious, Xavier. Her name is Sama. She's young. Eighteen at most."

His eyes lit up with understanding. "She had a child, unmated. We don't know who the father is, but she gave birth at fifteen. They petitioned to have her exiled, but her father fought for her to stay. He ended up losing his life by my beta's hand." He looked around the room as if it were no big deal.

"You were going to exile her, Xavier?"

"She decided to have sex with a male other than her mate, then she bore a child by him. There has to be consequences." He said nonchalantly.

"Xavier," I stood, walking over to him, "no fucking wonder why these women hate being here. Where is her child's father? Where is his punishment?"

"We don't know. She won't say. Every time she tries to talk about it her wolf shuts her up. I don't care that much to force her." He shrugged.

"You don't care about a child giving birth, Xavier? A child in your pack? She-she-"

"Is fine." He finished for me.

"I'm calling her in here and you are going to force her to tell her story. Don't you see Xavier? It doesn't add the fuck up! Who is this man? Why did it happen? Teenagers can't wait to be mated, so what was different about her?"

"Alia!" Xavier stood now, "This is my pack! Mind your business and I'll deal with things my way." He growled before leaving and slamming the door.

I got up, walking behind him. I caught up with him before he got to the stairway.

"We are a fucking team, Xavier. This is our pack. We are in this together. I'm telling you that something is off with her, something bad. Trust me on this."

"How can we be this 'team' when we don't live to together. You haven't told me you love me, Alia. You want this to work, yet you don't show me." He sighed, looking away, his eyes turning blue.

"You've marked me. We've mated. What else do you want from me?" I hissed.

"Verbal confirmation." He set his mouth into a grim frown before descending the steps, slamming the door harshly.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall, sighing deeply.

"Why don't you tell him you love him?" Osira came from her room. She looked...younger. Happiness radiated off of her, and I could smell my father's scent all around her.

"Mind your business." I growled, walking back to my office. I listened as her small footsteps followed me.

"Alia."

"What?" I growled.

"I've said I'm sorry thousands of times," she sighed, closing my door, "I've pleaded with you. My wolf pleaded with you. Why won't you forgive me? Rain forga--"

"Rain is weak. Rain missed you. You didn't have to hear Rain cry for you every day. You didn't have to put Rain to sleep, or reassure him that you still loved him when you would come home and brush right past us." I snarled, watching as her happiness faded.

"Why are you most angry with me?" She sighed.

"You let your best take control. Dad, he taught us. He taught you, Rain and I how to control it, yet you couldn't. You left. The person we needed most when dad went missing. We were lost, Osira." I felt a tear fall down my cheek. Traitor.

She stood coming over to me, "I love you, Alia. I'm sorry. I'll always be sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you with Rain. I'm sorry for my depression after my failures. I'm sorry for everything. Please, just let me back into your life." She said softly, tears pouring out of her eyes.

She bent on her knees, meeting me face to face before embracing me in a bone crushing hug. I sat there, making no move to reciprocate the action.

Hug her back, Mia whimpered. For once, I complied. It felt good, so good to feel her touch again. It felt real, like I needed it. For the first time in a long time, I began to sob.

I cried into her hair about everything. Xavier, the pack, my mating process, everything. It felt good. Great.

"I-I haven't told him because having a mate makes you weak." I whispered.

She pulled back, "Not true. Your father only made me stronger. He taught me war, how to battle. He gave me determination. Your mate is your backbone." She smiled, wiping my tears away. "Go to him. Tell him this, not me. He's the one that needs to hear it, Alia."

I stood, looking out of the window at Will and the women. My eyes scanned the crowd for Sama but she was nowhere to be found.

"I will." I smiled a small smile before rushing outside. I walked towards Xavier's scent, my nose still regulating itself to all the new scents.

I turned to the pack house to see Xavier, Sama and her child standing outside, Sama's face showing pure fear. I crept closer, trying to listen.

"Tell me who he was. Now, Sama." Xavier growled. Her daughter whimpered and Xavier bared his teeth at her.

I sped up to them, grabbing Xavier his shirt. He looked back at me, seeming not at all surprised."Sama, can you come with me?" I smiled.

"So you are his mate?" The little girl spoke up.

"Speak when you are spoken to, Khyle." Xavier looked down to her.

"Yes, Alpha." She nodded.

I bent down, "You can speak to me any time you want. Yes, we are mates."

Xavier growled lowly and Khyle stepped away from me.

"Sama, can you come to meet me and Xavier soon? In my house?"

She hesitated, but nodded, clutching her daughter to her side and scurrying off.

"You were asking her too violently," I turned to him, "but I like that you asked regardless."

"I would do anything for you, Alia. That's what I need you to understand. I don't know why you act like I wouldn't. Alia, shit is going to be hard for us and--"

"I love you." I smiled. Xavier stopped, his mouth hanging open. I stared into his eyes.

"Say it again." Xavier growled, pulling me close to him.

"I...love you, Xavier Crescent." I smiled. "I--"

Xavier interrupted me, crashing his lips onto mine.

"Yeah, Alpha!" I heard from the pack house, followed by various whoops and howls.

Right then, I felt at peace. Everything wasn't set in stone, but I'd said it. That's all that mattered.

Alia. I heard Tya's voice through our mind link, snapping me out if my thoughts.

Yes?

I found her. My...mate. He breathed.

+++

WHO'S HIS MATE?????

I THINK U GUYS KNOWWWW

OKAY BYE!!!