thirty-seven.

ENJOY!!

Osira's P.O.V.

Laying in bed all day instead of being productive soothed my wolf immensely.

We felt pain. Pain from the people we've killed in vain. Pain from the loss of Cameron. 

Cameron. Just the thought of him sent waves of pain through my body. Just the thought of him made my dagger like tears become reality.

My wolf and I were prisoners. Prisoners to this territory, prisoners in this cage of self-loathing and misery. Since I already had a child and a mark, it was too late to collect another mate.

Seriously, though, who would want to mate with me regardless. I was a murderer. It was so easy for me to kill, to get rid of whoever stands in my way, and that was terrible. I was ruthless in battle. A ruthless mother. Everything.

Usually, at home, I would spend my days listening to Alia. She was so powerful, so precious. She's everything opposite of me. I admired that about her. It hurt that she never introduced her mate to me, but considering the circumstances that I met him under, I wasn't surprised.

She doesn't think of me as her mother.

Laying in bed, thinking of Alia was the only thing keeping me going. That was, until I felt it. Him.

It was a small jolt and I wasn't sure, but it was enough to force me to sit up. To pay attention. A burst of electricity danced around my mark. The kind that...he could give me. It was filled with pleasure...and pain.

I felt him. He's out there. There was no hesitation. I got up, looking outside, seeing if I could at least smell his scent...but I couldn't smell anything. I felt it again, and again and it sent shocks of pleasure down my body each time.

I wrote a note for Alia and left it on my dresser, not doubting that she would come after me. The Council had threatened to kill us both if I was ever spotted outside of Bronze Moon territory. I was risking my life and hers.

She would kill me for it.

I couldn't sit there and deal, though. It was like he was calling to me, I felt him. I knew it was him. Alia's security on the barriers were tightly bound, but one bare of my teeth made them cower.

My reputation usually gave me what I wanted. It had its perks. Although I was older, my wolf was still very strong. My beast never fully retreated, making my aging process slow down. My wolf was as strong as a high ranking Alpha.

Shit, I was an Alpha.

Leaving Bronze Moon by itself, I used my instincts to track him down. Before...I couldn't sense him. I couldn't smell him or see him. I was convinced that someone had taken him. My leads only led to dead ends.

This time, though, I could sense him. It was faint, but it was there. I followed that.

Cameron. My wolf chanted, howling at each dead end or turn. I won't give up on you. You didn't give up on me.

His scent stopped at a cabin. It was all wood and it smelled like him. It was faint, like he had been there a while ago.

The house was broken down, glass was shattered around the house and the windows were busted in, but it smelled like him. It was recent. I ran inside, shifting once I got to the door. Opening it made me stagger.

There were pictures. Pictures of me. Pictures of Alia. Pictures of us.

He left...willingly?