fourty-nine.

"Xavier." I called as I entered his house. His scent was really strong, as if he were about to shift, and I followed it, telling Tyson to stay outside.

Arriving to a small room in the back of the house, his scent became intoxicating to my wolf. I opened the door to him laying flat on his back on the wooden floor.

His eyes were bright blue and open as he stared at the ceiling.

"I'm exiling him." Xavier said slowly.

I sighed and laid by his side so that we both were staring at the ceiling. On the ceiling were little plug in lights and glow in the dark stars that made it seem like we were in space.

It was...calming.

"A beta isn't strong without their mate. Your pack would fail without me, just like mine would fail without you." I smiled softly.

At this moment, I'd realized, I really need Xavier. It's not jusy because he's an important factor to my pack, it's because I love him, even without the mate bond.

I love his anger, his passion, his will to do anything for his pack. For me. The way his mouth looks when he tells me he loves me.

I love him. In love.

"Yes." I whispered.

"What?" He turned to me, a smile playing on his lips.

"Talk to Tyson. Hear him out this time." I pressed.

"That's not what you said." He accused.

"I don't know what I said. Now, will you talk to Tyson?"

Xavier stared at me, most likely trying to wisely plan his next words and actions. He squinted at me before standing up and leaving the room, saying nothing more to me.

++

Xavier's P.O.V.

"So I am no longer your Beta?" Tyson asked as I sat behind my office desk, watching him.

"Betas don't leave the pack." I said sternly.

"What about you?" He growled.

"Speak wisely." I snarled.

"No. I'm speaking as your friend. Your best friend. Not your fucking beta!" He hissed angrily. "Ever since you found Alia you've been gone! You left once for four months and for that time I was in charge of the entire pack! There was nobody that I could go to and I never gave you shit about it! Why the fuck can't you do that for me? You think it was hard to lead Silver Aura without me? You don't know how hard it was to lead a pack that isn't even mine! So let's talk about that. Let's talk about how you want to exile me for something that you've done countless times!" He yelled.

My wolf growled inside, struggling to get out and rip Tyson to pieces. Inside, his harsh tone felt like nothing short of a challenge.

His words are correct. I told Daniel angrily.

His words are said out of place. His absence has forced him to forget his place. He growled.

I sat back, staring at him.

We did leave him. He is not strong enough to lead a pack, especially not one like ours. Take that into consideration, wolf. I said sternly.

"Tyson. What is the status of your mate and yourself concerning the mating process? You have been gone for a significant amount of time, so I trust that you have at least began the process?" I asked.

He hesitated, and a slight look of discomfort settling on his face. "We've done everything but pup."

"Why are you uncomfortable?" I pressed.

"She's-She's...pregnant." He cleared his throat and looked away.

"Pregnant?" I growled.

"Yes. She doesn't know...I smelled a difference in her scent. She's no less than a few weeks." He clarified.

"Tyson she isn't a normal she-wolf! She's some sort of fucking...super demon wolf and you knocked her up! What sort of pup will come out of that?"

"Whatever type of wolf my child is...I will love them regardless." He said sternly.

"Do you want to be beta of this pack?" I leaned towards him.

"Of course."

"Then," I stood and walked in front of him, staring at him intensely, "you will rid your mate of whatever is growing inside of her." I growled. "It is a safety hazard for the pack and anybody in its pathway."

"You're fucking crazy!" Tyson spat, pushing me back. "You think I'm going to kill my unborn child? I'd rather go rouge before I do something like that!" He growled angrily.

"So go rouge! See how long you last." I growled, turning away.

"I would never ask something like this of you, Xavier. I'm not leaving, this is my pack, too. I'm resuming my life here, with my mate, and my pup, and if you want to rid the pack of my family, you're going to have to force me to go." He yelled before leaving my office, and slamming the door so hard thar he ripped the handle off.

"Fuck you, Tyson!" I screamed after him as he huffed angrily down the steps and to the door.

He turned back to me, looking at me as anger brewed in his eyes.

"No man, fuck you." He sighed.

+++

SOOOOO THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER, AND IT ALSO WILL BE THE LAST CONFLICT OF THIS BOOK!!!!!!

THE END IS NEARRRRR!!!!

OKAY BYE GUYS ANOTHER UPDATE SOOOOONNNNN!!!