fourty-four.

"Who did it? Who?" Xavier growled at Sama as she whimpered in submission.

Her bone chilling story had awoken the wolf in me, but the beast in Xavier, and if she wasn't going to say who did it, I would gladly allow Xavier to push her into admittance.

"Sama," I pressed, trying to control Mia, "a man...a grown man...he brutally raped you and kept you until you healed. Do you understand that? Huh? Do you want him to get away?"

"No!" She blurted out, shying away from a Xavier's darkened figure.

"So tell us or I swear to goddess that this day will be your last day on this earth I promise you, and an alpha always keeps his promises." Xavier bent down to her level, his fangs extended as if he intended to rip her throat out.

"He said--he said he'd hurt her." She jumped out her seat and tried to run away from him, but he grabbed her hair and pulled her back down.

"Who?" I pressed.

"He said he'd hurt Khyle if I said something. Please, don't make me!" She cried.

Xavier pulled her up by her hair and threw her against the wall, watching her small body crumble as she cried out in pain.

I ran to her and picked her up slowly. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Xavier? You could have hurt her really badly!" I screamed as I inspected her body.

He stalked up to her and she hid behind me. "She needs to fucking talk. Now. Now, or I'll go fetch your precious Khyle." He grinned toothily.

I didn't like him like this. It was so different from the sweet, in love Xavier that made love to me when the moon was high. This Xavier was brutal, a beast. A monster.

"Xavier, stop it. Now." I growled, making him calm down a bit.

I turned my back to him and stared Sama in her face, "Tell me who he is. Now. Tell me who he is or I will personally tear down every man in your pack until you come clean."

"Alia-" Xavier growled.

"Tell me." I growled harshly.

"Khyle...he said..." she looked away, tears brimming.

"I will care for Khyle. No harm will come to her. Now, tell me who." I assured her.

"Y-Yavis." She muttered slowly.

Who?

"Who?" Xavier pushed me out the way, eyeing Sama harshly.

"Yavis. He-He did it." She whimpered.

"You're a lying bitch." Xavier spat. I ran up to him and pushed him. Hard. He fell to the ground and growled at me, watching me as I stood over him.

"Don't you ever do that! You see her? Her fear? The pain in her face? As her alpha, can't you feel her truth?" I growled.

"It can't be Yavis. It can't be." Xavier snarled, almost to himself.

"Please...I don't want to go back..." Sama whimpered. Xavier's eyes snapped to her, the blue almost turning into a crisp white.

His beast.

He jumped up and lunged at her but I rn in front of her, taking her place as his teeth sunk into my arm, nearly ripping the flesh off it before he realized who he bit. I screamed in pain and Will burst into the door.

"Alia!" He screamed as he tackled Xavier, taking some of my skin with him. Will was weak compared to Xavier and he was losing strength as the wrestled on the floor. Sama stood in shock and I pulled Will off of him as Xavier's eyes stood a pure white.