thirty-one.

Enjoy!!

Xavier and I growled simultaneously at each other in disagreement.

"They will fight." He growled.

"They will not!" I snarled. The entire arena fell silent, witnessing our first ever public argument.

"My beta is my chosen. Your high ranking is your chosen. They were chosen to fight to until one cannot fight anymore and they will."

I stood, towering over a sitting Xavier.

"They. Are. Mates. How dare you attempt to knowingly pit two mates against each other? How would you feel if the positions were changed?" I screamed.

Xavier stood, his eyes turning a crisp, blue. "Do not challenge me. Especially in front of my pack. I said that they will fight."

Mia growled in my head so loudly that I was surprised the pack couldn't hear it over the silence. Tya stood, sensing an impending fight, and Neira's head snapped to me as she sniffed the air, smelling a challenge.

His fangs came out and his hands twitched, making Mia growl even more.

Before thinking, I grabbed Xavier by his ear and threw him into the grass below where we sat.

The pack gasped in horror. I smirked and jumped down onto the grass, again, towering him. If Xavier wanted a fight, I would give him one.

I growled, shifting simultaneous to him as he immediately went for my neck, pushing me to submit.

I dodged it, slamming him into the wall behing me as Neira and her mate jumped into the trees in front of us, giving us the space to actually battle.

I bit his scruff, dragging him into the middle of the arena as all the male wolves growled, not daring to interfere with an alpha battle, let alone two mates.

Then, I felt a pounce on my back as a scruffy brown wolf scratched into it, attaching himself to my body. Xavier yipped, attacking me as well, biting me by my ear as I whimpered slightly, forcing me to cower to his frame.

Suddenly, I heard a loud roar. A familiar one.

The trees shook and tje ground trembled as Neira jumped into the arena, pulling the wolf off my back. He growled and bit her arm, pulling her off to the side of tje arena.

Xavier but harder on me as Neiras mate bit the other wolf's tail so hard that blood leaked out.

My fur felt wet with blood as I ripped away from Xavier, some of my ear still in his mouth. I jumoed for hus neck, biting down as his blood poured into my mouth.

Then, I head millions of growls and snarls, then one, loud, constant one.

I turned to look, my paws on Xaviers spine as I saw a large, red eyed wolf shake and growl at the crowd. It was three times larger than the average wolf, and its fur was tinted red and its paws were large, its claws digging into the grass, pulling up dirt.

Fire brewed in its eyes as every eye landed on it.

It had appeared in the place of Neira. It was Neira.

She was a hellhound.

She disappeared, and suddenly the wolf that attacked me was crushed, its head and brain matter splattered all over the ground.

With insane speed, Xavier was pulled off me, and I turned to see her with his scruff in her mouth, shaking him violently.

I instantly shifted, screaming to the top of my lungs.