12

"tell me your name once again."

"[inaudible]"

"ok, sir. tell me what's your relation with this girl?" detective seungwan asked the guy in front of her, pointing the photo of a girl on the table.

the interrogation room aura was dark, the breeze was cold, and the sound of a swinging lamp was filled the room, detective seungwan was doing her job for interrogation the guy that already living behind the bars for over two and a half year.

then she crossed her legs, putting the document papers on her lap, writing something on it, then her eyes were staring at the guy who was sitting with his hands being cuffed on his back, head facing the floor, and his hair was blocking the face.

"i told you many times, detective."

"i asked you once again. what's your relation with her, sir?" she raised her voice, firmly.

there was a silence in the room. after a minute of silence, he finally raised his head to facing detective seungwan's face. his face half burnt on the left cheek, mixed up with some scars, he gave detective seungwan a deeply stares.

detective seungwan raised her eyebrows then put the documents on the table, she pulled her chair closer to the table and asked, "mind to tell me?"

he smirked.

detective seungwan was being professional, she keep calm and concentrate, focusing on his body language an looking at his eyes to know if he lie or not.

"sister, haha ha, she's an evil." he laughed crazily, nonstop. she just stared at him unbelievably as she held her anger.

suddenly he stopped laughing, his expression turned into the serious one, as he leaned closer to her. detective seungwan stay still as she watched him leaned closer to her.

"she made me murdered mrs. jung—our mother. if i didn't, she burnt me alive." he whispered, giggling like a maniac.

"detective, you should find her! kill her! she is the one who should be inside the bars, not me!" detective seungwan quickly pressed the red button under the table as the alarm started ringing. two police officers came into the room immediately and grabbed the guy who just laughing crazily, dragging him out, "bring him back to the cell." she ordered.

chief jeon who listening all of their conversations walked in, watching the guy. his laughed still could be heard all the hallway. chief jeon glanced at detective seungwan, caught her sighing and leaned her back on the chair.

"this is won't do, jungkook-ah. we've been asking him the same question, he just answer the same thing and becomes like—that?! he is mentally crazy!" detective seungwan gripped her hair in frustration, she blankly looking at the paper she hold and glanced at chief jeon, her eyes asked 'what now' to him.

"well, i already told every single departments in this country to find them really quick." chief jeon told detective seungwan, with his hands on his pockets and sitting on the table.

she searching for some paper in her file and put them on the table, next to chief jeon. she re-read the paper, her finger was running to find the main case on the profile page before she speak up to him.

"listen. jung yerin, 24 years old. first, she was involved in the murder case of kang seulgi, her cousin, cause of death—fell out of the rooftop," she read the paper then stared at chief jeon. she find another words on the paper then read it again.

"second, she was the second suspect of the murder case of kim junmyeon, father of her fiancé, kim taehyung, cause of death, gunshot. third—"

"i got it, noona. she had some cases, that's why she is on the top of the list of the most wanted person. we are focusing to find her first." chief jungkook cut her off, she wasn't the only person there who got frustration, he also frustrated with this case over one and a half year he worked for this case, together with detective seungwan but there was no way out, yet.

"you know what? just reading the cases, their profiles, victims cause of death, the places, and the evidences—"

detective seungwan stopped for awhile, she looked at those papers on the table once again. chief jeon glanced at her until their eyes met.

"they all connected and probably had family matters including money and love life."

"what do you mean?" chief jeon was a little bit confused.

"complicated. well i sent my assistants to do some research to jung yerin's relatives a month ago. so these two—." detective seungwan pointed at jung yerin and kim taehyung's photos.

chief jeon looked at the photos, frowing his face, he tried to catch every word and focusing on detective seungwan as he crossed his arms.

"they were in relationship, since high school, until they engaged, because their parents wanted to."

"wait, they were forcing to get married or something?"

"no, i mean—kim taehyung father's has debt, huge one. and both parents were friends, so—yeah," she shrugged. chief jeon nodded once while grabbing jung yerin's profile as he read it.

"also, one of the relatives said, after her father's death, she became like what she is now, reason? revenge. and this kim taehyung guy, was responsibility to making her better but at the end he did the same." detective seungwan explained more.

chief jeon just sighed, thinking about this never ending and complicated case made his head and shoulders felt so heavy. then they quitely reading all those papers one by one, concentrate and thinking more about the case, detective seungwan was busy writing about her theories on the paper.

"how about that guy? her brother?" chief jeon asked pointing at the door which means at the prisoner that has been interrogated minutes ago.

"jung hoseok? the paper said, he was a drug dealer, but his dna he's totally clean." detective seungwan answered while she focusing on her writing.

chief jeon looked at the wall as he thinking, his head was getting dizzy to think, many murder cases lately making him stressing out.

the room was getting silence again and again, their busy with themselves by reading, writing and thinking, but one thing that chief jeon caught from his eyes when he read the profile of kim taehyung.

"kim seokjin. the oldest brother of kim taehyung, owner of the restaurant in seoul." he read it, breaking the silence, he glanced at detective seungwan as she glanced back at him. "i think we found another witness to ask, noona."

detective seungwan glanced at him, she grabbed the profile from chief jeon's hand and read it. she was biting her lips before she glanced back at chief jeon again. "you think he will lead us to get them?"

"i hope so."