28

it was only two of them, standing in front of each other in an empty room. it was awkward for taehyung but it was also relieved for seokjin because taehyung came back alive.

"how are you doing?" seokjin asked.

"fine."

seokjin nodded his head, smiling a little. taehyung tried not to be awkward but his eyes were looking down and couldn't stand still.

"i'm glad you're alive. i was stressed out after the police met me and asked about you. i prayed days and nights for you to be safe." seokjin voice made taehyung feels calm, he still cared about him. he listened all of his brother words as he nodded then glanced at him.

"i can take care of myself, hyung. don't worry." taehyung pats seokjin's arm with an awkward smile.

seokjin couldn't help himself to giving him a warm hug right away. taehyung didn't hug him back at first, because he was a little bit shocked, but slowly his hands were moving up to his back and trying to hug him back.

"taehyung-ah, stop doing anything that risk your life, i'm begging you, don't you want to be happy?" seokjin asked and tightened his hug.

"hyung, i'm—i don't know what to say, but-i'm glad that you're happy, with your family." taehyung replied.

seokjin pulled away and stared at taehyung, he was kinda surprised by taehyung's words, he never complimented or being polite at him, taehyung always treated seokjin like he didn't care. but in that room, when they finally met again after a while, seokjin could see taehyung changed.

"they are your family too." he responds with a smile. taehyung chuckled and shook his head while his eyes were looking down.

"i will find my happiness, don't worry, i have a girlfriend and a friend—we are trying to live happy too, like you." taehyung warmth voice made seokjin felt sad and happy at the same time.

"i'm sorry for everything, hyung. i am really sorry." taehyung sighed in relieved because he finally said something that he always wanted to say to seokjin. seokjin just nodded and gave him another hugs, actually he already forgive him since long time ago but taehyung always stepped back from seokjin.

taehyung and seokjin chuckled as their eyes started to get teary, it's been years the two of them didn't shared their smiles and laughs.

"uh-oppa? subin is looking for you." sooyoung suddenly appeared at the door, holding hand with a little girl as she walked cutely towards her father.

seokjin knelt down and opened his arms as his daughter came into his arms then picked her up to introducing her to taehyung.

"subin-ah, look who's here. it's uncle taehyung, the one in the photo that appa always showed you before. remember that? greet him." he said to his daughter with his soft and calm voice.

taehyung grinned at her as he grabbed her little hand and shaking them gently. subin's eyes were looking at taehyung warmly and smiled a little before she getting shy and wrapped her arms around his father's neck.

"her name is kim subin, she just turned three years old. ah- and meet my wife too, sooyoung." seokjin pulled sooyoung gently to standing next to his side as she and taehyung bowed and smiled at each other.

"oppa, mom and dad are looking for us. let's go back and bring your brother too if he want to." sooyoung told seokjin, and taehyung heard everything about what she said, but taehyung decided not to go because he wasn't ready.

"it's okay. irene and the others are waiting for me too." taehyung politely responds her.

"well, guess you're all invited." seokjin grinned, pinched gently subin's cheek.

"chief. detective." seokjin greeted them with handshakes and bowed.

"how are you, seokjin-ssi?" seungwan asked him.

"perfect. please, join us." seokjin lead them to the room where his family were having their dinner and subin's birthday party, following by taehyung, irene, and suga.

taehyung hold irene's hand as she still confused what was happening, she kept asking him what was going on but he just smiled at her which made her pouting and a little bit annoyed.

in the other side, suga still mumbling something nonsense that made seungwan turned her head to him. "please mind your attitude. it's a family dinner."

"what family? whose family? tsk, why can i just go home?" suga talked in a low voice at seungwan, and she just glared at him and rolled her eyes as she turned her head away.

as they gathered in one room, they were sitting awkwardly while sooyoung's parents asked about them, but gladly sooyoung knew about taehyung so she explained it to them.

meanwhile irene was sitting right next to sooyoung who holding subin in her arms, it felt like a deja vu for her because subin was looking at her with a warm smile and pulling her hand to irene, like she wanted to touch irene.

irene slowly touched her tiny hand with her fingers, feeling subin's soft skin and playing a little with her. subin grinned widely at irene, showing her attraction to irene.

"so mother and father in laws, i am sorry for sudden invitation, but i just met my youngest brother, kim taehyung, along with his girlfriend and his friends." seokjin explained to his mother and father in laws as he pointed at taehyung.

taehyung, irene, and suga bowed at them, followed by jungkook and seungwan. seokjin introduced jungkook and seungwan as friends not as a chief and a detective, cause they probably shocked if they found out.

"i never heard about you and never seen you before, kim taehyung. where do you live?" seokjin's father in law asked taehyung, now taehyung was the one who couldn't answer him, he became silent right away.

"he's been working with me in other cities, sir. i am sorry for not bringing him home and meet with his family." jungkook helped taehyung to answer him.

"what do you do, son?" now seokjin's mother in law asked jungkook.

"um— i am a chief of police, we work some cases and travel a lot, so kim taehyung and min yoongi are my assistants." jungkook explained them very well, they seemed surprised but then nodded.

"uh—so, let's eat before it gets cold." seokjin told them to eat a little awkward because he had no idea what to do anymore.

at the other side, irene who still playing with subin suddenly stopped right away when sooyoung caught them playing each other. "subin-ah, seems like you found a new friend~ by the way nice to meet you, i'm kim sooyoung."

"ah, yes, i'm bae juhyun. we just met earlier." irene smiled at her and then back to subin again.

irene was playing peekaboo with her hands and made subin laughing, her laugh was so precious and made the others smiled at her, irene keep peekaboo-ing with subin until she couldn't stop laughing.

"you want to hold her?" sooyoung asked irene. she was shocked at first because irene never hold a baby or a toddler before, she afraid she might hold her in a wrong way.

"she doesn't have any experience for holding a baby before. so don't trust her." taehyung teased irene by interrupting them, his smile made irene annoyed as she turned around to glared at him.

"well, you have to practice before you have your own—soon." sooyoung teased at them back, smirked at them.

"we are not rea—"

"we really can't wait for having a baby." taehyung winked at irene while talking to sooyoung, irene blushed as she glanced at taehyung in embarrassment.