18

—at the other side—

"where is he?" detective seungwan asked.

"over here, detective." an officer lead her to the interrogation room.

detective seungwan and chief jeon travelled to busan to visit the police department immediately after they got a call, the report said tongyeong policemen were caught jung yerin's team and brought him to the busan police department for the easy access.

chief jeon was ready to listen detective seungwan interrogating the suspect behind the mirror, he watched her walked in and staring at the guy who already sat down. chief jeon immediately ordered his assistant to record the conversation.

as usual, detective seungwan preparing herself by taking out some papers, holding the pen, crossing her legs and put those papers on her lap. she stared at the suspect in front of her before asking some questions.

"well, all you have to do is answering my questions, be honest, because you'll get hurt in your head if you lie," she explained.

her assistant was connecting him with a lie detector then signaling detective seungwan that they were ready.

"okay, so tell me your name?" she asked him by pointing out with her pen.

"yook seungjae."

detective wrote down his name while her eyes glancing at him.

"what's your relationship with jung yerin?" she asked the second question.

he was silent.

detective seungwan asked him once again, still no response. she sighed.

"if you want to get out from here early, answer it, mr. yook." she told him and felt annoyed already.

"—good friends."

detective seungwan's nodded.

many personal questions she asked him and finally she was going to ask about jung yerin, what was her plan and where she was. detective seungwan took a deep breath before she started asking.

"so, you and jung yerin are good friends, in a bad way, you kidnapped and killed people, relatives, and your own friends under her orders. what's the reasons?"

it was another long and quite time inside the interrogation room. detective seungwan caught seungjae's eyes staring at the table as he thinking before he stared at detective seungwan.

"revenge." he answered.

"about what?"

"everything. she-i mean, we, just want people feel what we felt." he answered right away.

detective seungwan nodded and wrote it down on the paper. she think what she was going to ask but she looked at him as his mouth trembling, shaking, and murmuring something. she waited until he could say it all by staring at him.

"i-i refused at first, but she threatened and promised me that she would helped me— to kill my brother, who raped and abused my girlfriend until she died."

detective seungwan was too sensitive when she heard about sexual abused, she hate it, a lot. but for being professional, she tried not to expressing her feelings towards the prisoners and her teamwork. chief jeon also focusing on seungjae while his eyes closed, concentrated on the conversation.