15

"have a nice dinner." he smiled to the lady and her husband before left. he checked every singles table, making sure every customers had their food.

"sir, you have guests in the vip room, they are waiting for you." a waiter came to him, he surprised that he never had guests and nobody knows about him except he invited some people.

he thanked the waiter and walked to the vip room right away. he tidied up himself as he walking to the room, as he stood in front of the door, he knocked then opened it.

he smiled as he walked in and bowed, he saw two people in the room, a young woman and a young man. he bowed again to each of them as they bowed back. "please have a seat."

three of them were sitting down. he sat in front of the young man and giving them smiles. the waiter came in to giving the menu and then left.

"may i know who you are? do we know each other?"

"good evening, sir. i am chief jeon jungkook from the seoul police department." chief jeon introduced himself, bowed a little.

he surprised a little when he heard that they were police, taehyung name suddenly popped up in his head, he questioning himself about that. his smiled gone and became serious one.

"hello, sir, i am detective son seungwan from seoul police department. we are here to meet you personally- mr. kim seokjin? am i right?" she talked in professional ways, he responded with nods.

while her hand pulled out the file and placed it on table, took out a paper then giving it to him. "here is our official letter from department for having a meeting with you. please read it carefully, sir." detective seungwan smiled at him as he took the paper and read it.

then she took out another paper, the profile of kim taehyung on the table, they were waiting for seokjin to finish reading the official letter then he giving them a serious stares.

"we're here just to asking you questions, sir. nothing else. and we hope you answer them honestly." chief jeon explained. then he signaled detective seungwan to start the session right away.

"okay, mr. kim seokjin. please have this," she gave him a profile paper. she grabbed the pen and ready to take some notes to her paper.

she wrote kim seokjin's name before she asked him personal questions.

"how old are you, sir?" she asked.

"26 years old."

"what is your job and how about your family?" she asked again.

"owner of this restaurant and i am married for almost two years and have a daughter."

detective seungwan nodded as she wrote down his answer on her paper, exactly what he said.

"is it true that kim taehyung is your little brother?" detective seungwan asked him.

"-yes."

"how long the two of you have been living together?" she asked while she wrote something on her paper.

"we grew up together until he was 20 years old."

detective seungwan and chief jeon were looking at kim seokjin who still staring at the profile paper of kim taehyung while answering questions. detective seungwan noticed that his stares were empty.

"then after that?" she asked another question.

it was a long silence. then seokjin's sighing broke the moment.

"he left." his tone sounds flat.

chief jeon glanced at detective seungwan, both of them keep calm and professional even the feeling of seokjin himself was so empty and flat.

"do you know what the reasons he left? did he left for good or-?"

seokjin sighed, then he put the paper down on the table, he stares at the table blankly and he tried to hold his emotion. it was a long wait for detective seungwan and chief jeon, chief jeon was about to asked another question that connected to detective seungwan's question but she stopped him.

to make seokjin answering the question, detective seungwan gave him another paper. it was jung yerin's profile. she stared at him as he took it and read it, not read, but looked at the photo of jung yerin.

"do you know her, mr. kim?" detective seungwan asked.

he looked at the photo as his eyes were getting red, his hands were shaking a bit.

"no."

"are you sure?"

chief jeon surprised by his answer, they knew he lied. detective seungwan think more what questions to make him say he really knew her.

"mr. kim, we need your help for this case. please answer my questions, honestly. your brother is a victim from the name of our main suspect, jung yerin. if you answer the questions with your honesty, we will bring him back to you." detective seungwan made him believe with everything she said.

seokjin then glanced at detective seungwan, smiled weakly at her. "i tried myself to get him back. it's useless, detective. please, do not include me in this case."

he slowly got up from his seat, he bowed deeply and walked out from the room.

"mr. kim, it's about your brother and your own safety." chief jeon got up to reached seokjin, but he stopped when seokjin turned around to looked at them once again.

"she did it, along with my brother then changed my brother's life, that's why he left, so please excuse me, chief, detective." he said to
them, bowing as he left the room, leaving chief jeon and detective seungwan. chief jeon just sighed in anger while detective seungwan focusing on her paper, she perfectly calmed with everything that happened.

"it. kim taehyung was the suspect of the murderer of his father- and jung yerin was the second suspect." detective seungwan told chief jeon while her pen circling the sentences on the paper.

"based on jung hoseok and kim seokjin, jung yerin was the main suspect out of the others. she ordered them to do what she wanted to do, brainwashed them, maybe, so thought she wasn't the suspect at all." she continued.

chief jeon just staring the floor, with some thoughts in his mind while listening to detective seungwan. he kept sighing and sighing until his phone started to ringing. he took out his phone from his pocket and checked who was the caller.

"yes, chief lee?" he greeted.

he listened every words on the phone, closing his eyes while his fingers ran through his hair, he nodded then hung up the phone.

"noona, we got a problem."

"what is it again?" detective seungwan sighed in annoyance.