25

jimin was laying down on the hospital bed, weakly. his face was so pale, lips were dry, and the monitor besides him keep beeping fast, irene could see the line was moving up and down which means his heart rate was not normal.

irene looked at jimin as she started to tearing up, his body was full with things that connected to the monitor and the oxygen besides him. one thing that caught in irene's eyes was the gunshot wounded near his chest and stomach that still bleeding out making her hurt more. what if taehyung and suga see this, they probably mad at all the people in here for making their best friend like this, dying, with no chance to live.

"i'll leave you here with detective seungwan, she's one of my close friend, okay? i have something else to do." jungkook said to irene who still looked at jimin, detective seungwan was standing next to him and gave him a nodded before he left.

-

meanwhile at home, taehyung started to get worried because irene didn't come back yet for hours. he walked back and forth which made suga irritating at him.

"can you just get your ass down or walk back and forth somewhere but not in front of me?" suga told taehyung in sarcastic way.

"where the hell is she, hyung?! it's been hours! what if something bad happened to her!?" taehyung sounds panicked, he ran his fingers to his hair in frustration.

also, they didn't have phone and she didn't tell him where to go. the sun was almost set and there was no sign of her coming back. suga doesn't want to respond but just chill himself on the couch, closing his eyes but still keep bothering by the sound of taehyung's footsteps. "fuck. taehyung-ah, get out and find her then!"

taehyung just realized that, so he immediately ran to the door and decided to find her. soon after he opened the door, he almost hit someone who standing in front of the door.

taehyung's eyes were getting bigger when he saw jeon jungkook there. jungkook was also a little bit startled when their eyes met without saying anything for a second.

"kim taehyung-ssi." jungkook broke the silence and bowed a bit to him.

"this is not the right time. so please excuse me." taehyung response in a cold way as he tried to walking pass jungkook, but jungkook caught his shoulder and hold him.

"your girlfriend is safe, don't worry. i'm here just-"

"what the fuck did you do to her?! where did you take her?!!" taehyung got mad when jungkook mentioned irene, he grabbed jungkook's collar right away and ready to hit him but jungkook hold his wrists and trying to push him back.

"hospital, she just visiting park jimin and i am here to talk with you." jungkook explained.

taehyung started to calm down when he told him about irene at the hospital to visit jimin, he also loosen his grip on jungkook's collar. "he's still alive?" taehyung asked him in calm but shocking way.

jungkook answered him with a nod. after that showed up behind taehyung and also shocked when he saw jungkook outside, he even mumbled 'what the fuck' while looking at jungkook.

"what a great time, since two of you are home, i need to talk with you guys. can i come in?"

after a long decision, taehyung and suga finally let jungkook in. they were gathering in the living room, glaring at each other until jungkook spoke.

"i'm here just want to say thank you," said jungkook, while taehyung and suga just sit there crossing their arms on their chest, glaring at jungkook.

"and i also want to say that i am officially let you guys free, without any records."

"this is such a joke. are you even a chief?! wow, i'm surprised." suga being sarcastic once again while taehyung still locked his gaze on jungkook.

"taehyung-ssi, i met your brother during the investigation last time." said jungkook while he took out a photo paper of his brother, his wife, and his daughter. jungkook put on the table and moved it to taehyung so he could see.

"you missed him, don't you?" jungkook asked.

"not at all." taehyung answered right away.

"but he missed you. you haven't met his wife and his daughter yet, and they want to meet you. if you're interesting, i can help you with that."

taehyung didn't response but just looked away, he looks like he doesn't care, he even forgot how was seokjin doing lately, but inside of his heart he felt hurt when he hurt about his brother, he did miss him and he wanted to meet his family, taehyung left and also missed seokjun's marriage just for living this life.

"also min yoongi-"

"it's suga." suga snapped.

"suga? al-alright then. since all of you are free, i want you guys, especially you, suga-ssi, to work with me and detective seungwan."

suga raised his eyebrows and chuckled in disbelief. he laughed at jungkook then glanced at taehyung. suga was the type of person who doesn't like to being order, he hate when someone order him to do something.

"me? why me? what about taehyung and irene?"

"actually i asked irene, she haven't answer it yet, maybe she depends on you two." jungkook explained.

"do we get paid?" suga asked again and jungkook nodded right away.

taehyung has a lot of thoughts in his mind, that's why he didn't say anything but just staring at them. he sometimes took a little peek of the picture of his brother, kim seokjin, he stared at his beautiful and happy family in a frame, taehyung even smiled a bit when he saw a little girl on seokjin's arms, grinning while holding balloons, and she resembled seokjin a lot. he couldn't believe that taehyung already became an uncle and had a niece.

"chief," taehyung called jungkook while looking and holding the photo. "i would like to meet them, my brother and his family."

jungkook himself couldn't believe that taehyung actually wanted to meet his brother after a long time. jungkook asked him if he was serious or not and taehyung just said yes he was serious, a hundred percent.

"ya, taehyung-ah, can we just talk about the work this dude offer and also the condition of park jimin first?" suga interrupted.

"well, i can take you guys to the hospital, irene is there too with detective seungwan, you can ask about the work with her, suga-ssi." jungkook pointed at suga and then glanced at taehyung.

jungkook believed these three criminals or soon-to-be secret agents, just wanted to change their lives, he knew they were tired for killing people and being haunted by police. jungkook and seungwan also know that they were born with a good life, but turned upside down just because jung yerin, that's why jungkook and seungwan decided to did this, they helped them so jungkook and seungwan pay them back to did this because they trusted.