CHAPTER 17

His eyes which held amusement till now suddenly turned serious the tension surrounded us. His hand reached for my hand which was placed on the table.

Looking straight into my eye he said "Samira, I really like you."

I don't understand; Seriously we are friends because we like each other's company, isn't that the basic reason. He notifies everything to me from all the invitation's he got for parties to the girls asking him out, without any kind of prompting from my side. That sure seems like what best friend's do. Right?

"Ya, Ron I like you too, isn't that one of the reason why we are best friend." Call me stupid or ignorant but I really had no clue where was all this heading to.

"No Samira I really like you, more than friends or best friends for that matter." Hearing this I stilled. I had no freaking clue how to react to this.

Oh no no this can't be happening kri can't be right. Am I hallucinating. Looking at him I knew I heard it right. "Oh Ron, I don't know what to say"

"Samira, I do really like you, just give us a chance."

"No Ron I can't do what you are asking. I do like you as a friend but something more I don't think so, we could be friends like we are if you don't bring this again."

"Fine! Sam for me you and our bond is more important. Its late we must leave." He tried paying my part of the bill too, here the key word is trying.

I couldn't let him pay for me. I have this rule, I will let only my brother, my boyfriend, my husband, my father shall pay for me. All the important men in my life are the only ones who would pay for my bill. I don't want to give out mix signal to Ron by letting him pay for me.

After leaving him I headed to the bus stop so that I could reach home. During the whole bus journey my mind kept going back to Ron's admission. Today's reunion was nothing that I expected. His confession took me by surprise.

Reaching home there was yet again a surprise waiting for me, my house was alight by the energy of my family. Bruno barking for food, Mum shushing him to wait patiently. Dad helping Zenia with her assignments his papers long forgotten.

Habitualness of the scene gave me such relief. All the strangeness of today vanished. Nothing mattered anymore.

"Good you are just in time for dinner, go freshen up." It was mom who took notice of my presence. Smiling at her I left for my room.

After closing the door to my room Ron's confession resurfaced. The gravity of the situation sinking in My best friend is in love with me.

Splashing water on my face. A feeble attempt to wake up, was not successful. Looking at my reflection. My eyes wide with emotions of uncertainty my hairs a mess. A frown has adorned my face.

Changing into loose tee I gave a serious attempt to remember all the things we had done our journey from strangers to best friend. Trying to recollect any signs that he had given to indicate his feelings.

Taking deep breath, I tried to calm my nerves and remove the frown of me. I wouldn't be able to answer any question regarding what's disturbing me if asked by my parents.

I joined them with a faint smile. I may have looked somewhat calmed on the inside but inside I was ball of nerves, my brain was busy racking itself for Ron simultaneously was providing right gestures like nodding whenever necessary.

I somehow got by dinner and day. Fatigue from today's busy schedule and Mental exhaustion from all the pondering had finally took charge. As soon as my head touched the pillow, I was oblivion to the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ta da 

The updates finally here...

Ron in the pic above. I hope u guys like it...

'True to the Heart,That's when Heaven's Part'

**********************************************************************