Chapter 34

I kept silent. All the Lynch kids had attempted to talk to me on the bus. They'd pull my curtain open and talk, but I'd always just pull it shut again. I'd turn my music up and drown out all the Lynch kids. I stayed hidden for most of the day, only leaving my bed to use the bathroom, where I'd storm past everyone, lock myself in for about ten minutes, (just long enough for them to sit back down and not crowd around the bathroom door) then I'd storm back to my bed before they had the chance to jump up and crowd me. 

I didn't know how to deal with this. I was still pissed off at Riker. And the other Lynch kids just added to my pissed off state my constantly trying to talk to me. The only one I really liked was Ratliff. Ellington Ratliff had done nothing to piss me off, so it wasn't fair to be mad at him. Silent though, I could still do. Not that he tried to talk to me. 

When the bus stopped, Riker had pulled me from my bunk and off the bus. I was mad to see we weren't at a hotel, instead at a concert venue.

"Sorry, Ry." Riker said, noticing my expression, "There's no way I'm leaving you alone at a hotel, and we have a concert in a few hours." I ripped my hand away from Riker's grip and stormed off in the opposite direction, leaving Riker stood shocked in the hallway. 

Like they can stop me from going to the hotel. They'll all be on stage in a few hours. And it's not like Mark and Stormie are here to keep me here when everyone's busy with their jobs. What's the point of me being here. I'm not part of the band. I'm not part of the concession stand. I'm not even actually related to anyone. 

"Hey, Ry. Wait a second!" Ross called out, he was at the end of the hallway.

I heaved a sigh as I pushed out past the doors at the front of the building. Like any of the Lynch kids would follow me. They aren't stupid enough to go out the front door after me when there are already a bunch of fan girls lined up. 

"Hey. How'd you get in?" someone in the line asked me. I did just look like a fan girl. I mean, the only shirt I had that wasn't dirty was my R5 Smile sweater. And my trusty R5 drawstring bag was holding my phone. 

"Bathroom, the band's arrived now. I'm not sure if they'll let anyone else in." I told them, I cringed lightly at the delighted squeals. 

I moved away from the venue, full well knowing that I was setting myself up for death when Riker caught wind of me leaving the building. The air was refreshing, and calmed me down slightly. I didn't care that they were probably worried. I just... needed a break. They had stuff to do. I didn't need to just be sitting around waiting for them to finish like a dog. I'm a person, not their pet. 

I felt my phone vibrate against my back. I sighed, stopping to sit on a bench, then tugged the drawstring bag open and fished out the vibrating device. I was ready to decline the call of one of the Lynches and put the stupid thing on silent, but to my surprise it was Webber calling. 

I slid the answer button and held the device to my ear. 

"Hello?" I croaked. My hand raised to grip my scratchy throat and I shook my head slightly. 

"Are you okay? You sound sick?" 

"I'm fine, just haven't been talking for a while," I explained, followed by a cough that probably wasn't doing me any favors with convincing Webber I was alright. "Anyways, what's up?"

"I should be asking you that, I just got a call from your brother." I felt my face pale. WTF? 

"W-what?" 

"Riker just called me. He was in a panic. You left the venue?"

"I did," I agreed. 

"Was it a fan again? You should tell your family if it's still happenin-"

"It wasn't." I cut Webber off. "It wasn't a fan. It was my family."

"What do you mean?"

"I just- you wouldn't understand." I huffed. "No one would understand."

My thumb hovered over the 'End' button and I really wanted to press it. It was true. No one would understand. I'm pretty sure no one has had this problem before. Not feeling like you fit in with your group of adopted siblings who all happen to be giant stars who are always on tour? Being bullied by your adopted siblings fans? Having your boyfriend move to Canada, then being taken on tour against your will and separating you from your school and your best friend? Probably not a blog out there that can help me with this. 

"I could try, if you'd tell me!" Webber exclaimed. I could hear the anger in his voice. 

"Oh great, you're angry with me too." I sighed sadly. I ended the call, not bothering to let Webber say anything more. I turned my phone off. The one person I'd of expected to back me up and hear me out was angry at me. Riker had contacted Webber, knowing full well that I wouldn't of answered any of their calls.

I pulled my knees up to my chest as I sat on the bench. I wasn't pulled from my thoughts until a city bus pulled up in front of me and opened it's doors. I glanced up to see that I was in fact sitting on a bus stop bench. My mind faintly drifted back to Riker and Ellington talking about which hotel we'd be staying at. I pulled some lose change from my drawstring bag and dropped it into the plastic change box. 

"Which stop is closest to the Four Seasons hotel?" I asked the driver. I wasn't too surprised to see that it was just the driver and myself on the bus. 

"It's the third stop," she explained, "the hotel is just down the street." I thanked her quietly and moved to take a seat. The bus ride was calming, and it was such a change from a tour bus. I quite enjoyed it. I thanked the driver one last time as I stepped off the bus and headed in the direction she'd pointed me. 

I had to show the hotel staff my school id card and they also compared my face to pictures of me and R5 off of google images before they gave me one of the key cards. I told they that the rest of the band would be here after the concert. Someone showed me to my room and I collapsed onto one of the beds. 

Hey. I'm at the hotel. I'm going to sleep, not feeling well. I texted to Riker before turning off my phone and smooshing my face into my pillow. I ignored the 24 missed calls from all the Lynch kids, Ratliff and Webber. I also ignored the 12 texts, all questioning my whereabouts and lots of apologies from Webber. 

I just wanted to sleep before the storm that is my family caught up too me.