Chapter 35

It was hours later that hurricane Lynch hit the hotel. I'd managed to get about an hour of sleep, instead spending the minutes tossing and turning under the weight that is my life. 

Of course, when the door buzzed as a warning that it was being unlocked, I faked sleep. I didn't want to deal with this. I didn't want to deal with them. They were smothering me. 

I listened to the quiet footsteps, my breath evened out as though I were actually asleep. I prayed they would just leave me be- wait until the morning to rip me to shreds. I listened to the hushed words. 

A whisper argument. From what I could hear, everyone was in the room. Some voices (like Riker and Rydel) were more so growling at each other, while Ross, El, Rocky and Ry attempted to rein them in and remind them that I was sleeping and unwell. 

"She can't just leave the venue, Rydel. We aren't in California. She doesn't know her way around. People know her face- associate her to us!" I wanted to scoff at the people knowing my face, as the fan girls outside had stupidly accepted my bathroom excuse.

"I understand that, Rik." Rydel hissed. "I'm not happy about it either. But we can't keep her on such a tight leash. She's almost a teenager. She's going to want to go out and explore."

"I think we should continue this in someone else's room. She's sleeping." Ryland informed coolly, instantly gaining everyone's attention despite being the youngest of them all. 

"Ry's right," Delly agreed, "let her sleep. We can talk about this in the morning."

"You guys go talk this out. It's sibling stuff. I'll hang here with Ryla," I heard Ellington mutter. I wasn't happy about this, but it was 10 times better then having the searing glare of any of my sibling on me for the evening. 

"You sure? It's getting late. Let's just switch up the bunking arrangement for tonight. El and Ryla will share and we'll figure the rest out in my room." Riker sighed. There was mumbles of 'okay's', 'sound's goods' and 'fine's' for the Lynch kids. I listened to Rydel herd our brothers out of the room, and I almost released a breath of relief when the door clicked shut. 

It was quiet for a few minutes. I heard Ellington move around the room, unzipping his bag and then closing himself in the bathroom. 

I sat myself up, careful not to let the mattress squeak beneath me. I listened to the shower run as I pulled my phone from under the covers and turned it on, squinting at the brightness. I ignored all the messages- including Webber's and scrolled right down to Quinn's name. 

---------------

Hey.

Oh. Hey, how's my favorite rock star? Tour life treating you good?

No. Opposite actually. It sucks so bad, Q.

What do you mean? Are you okay?

Ugh. Everyone's mad at me. It's whatever though. I just wanted to talk with someone who doesn't hate me for a couple minutes.

Can't talk long tho

I'm sure they don't hate you. They love you

What's actually up though? You've never been like this before.

I'll tell you tomorrow or something. Over Skype or a phone call. I gtg. Miss you. 

Miss you too. I look forward to the call. TTYL

-----------------

I threw the phone to the nightstand, flopping back down and pulling the covers back in a way in which I hoped looked at least slightly similar to before. The shower stopped, and it was a matter of minutes before the bathroom door opened, a puff of steam erupting out into the room.