Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The first student to face Naomi after Nick was a female with a sturdy build. Nick watched as the first year lunged at Naomi, the fight was over in an instant. Naomi struck lightning fast, landing an uppercut on the girl that sent her flying backwards.

"Nicky, can you come here a moment?" Naomi called out to him before the poor first year had even landed. Confused, he started jogging towards her.

"I may have hit her a little too hard...mind carrying her back there with you?" The poor first year was out cold on the ground.

Nick lifted the girl easily, he was used to lifting much more during his training. "Anything you want me to tell her when she wakes?"

"Eh, I really did hit her a bit hard...she might not wake for a while." Naomi shrugged and eyed the next student approaching. "I suppose I'll try to hold back a bit more....you just got me so excited during our fight." She turned back and winked when she said that, and Nick's face was suddenly on fire.

"Uh-"

"Just kidding Nicky, now shoo, I have work to do." She pushed him lightly on the chest, urging him back.

Nick smiled awkwardly and headed away with the girl over his shoulder. By the time he reached his destination and set the poor unconscious girl down, the next victim had arrived.

He was a small boy, the same height as Naomi, and Nick felt bad for the kid. Sure enough, when he lashed out at Namoi, the advisor made a swift movement, and the small boy fell back, screaming. Naomi motioned towards Nick, and the boy walked slowly towards him, evidently in pain.

"What happened?" Nick called out as the boy neared, for he was completely white.

"She...she broke my arm." Sure enough, Nick could see the boys right arm twisted in an unnatural way.

Nick winced in sympathy, and started to wonder if Naomi had gone easy on him, or he was just lucky.

"She isn't human is she?" The boy asked, voice strained in pain.

"Well, I wouldn't want to get on her bad side." He looked at the boy's arm. "Shouldn't you be going to the infirmary?"

"She said she would take care of my arm once the initiation was done..." The boy looked around, noticing for the first time the unconscious girl. "She alright?"

"Naomi got her with an uppercut"

"Ah, how'd you manage to escape unscathed-" The boy seemed to be searching.

"Nick"

"Nick."

"Maybe I'm just lucky? She did throw me a good ten feet though." The other boy started laughing at that.

"My name's Trent by the way. Nice to meet you."

Before Nick could continue their conversation, a loud explosion ripped through the air. The area with the red banner, where the Mystics were being tested, was completely covered in black smoke.

"What the-" Nick started, but his words cut short as the smoke cleared away. Two individuals stood under a shimmering globe of light, one the Mystic advisor, the other. "Becca."

"You know her?" Trent asked.

"That's my sister...." What was she doing as a Mystical, Nick had been certain she would choose Int.

"Well, remind me to stay away from her.... she might be more dangerous than Naomi" Trent started to laugh, but it turned to a grimace as he gripped his arm again.

Nick nodded and managed to pull his eyes away from Becca, who was walking to join the other Mystic first years. He focused on Naomi again just in time to watch another first year get dropped to the ground. It seemed to be a common trend.

"She really does enjoy that a bit much, eh?" A voice behind Nick caused him to spin.

"Keith!" Sure enough, the Phys from the bus was standing behind him lazily. When had he arrived.

"Hey buddy, glad to see you didn't get to banged up." He looked at Trent and the girl on the ground, "did Naomi go easy on you?" He laughed an punched Nick playfully in the arm. It still hurt.

"If you consider her throwing me ten feet across the grass easy." He was starting to tire of telling of his humiliating defeat.

"She threw you that far eh? Good for you!" Nick wasn't sure why Keith was smiling. "I knew you were special."

Keith wasn't making much sense. "Oh, watch this one." Keith pointed back at Naomi, and the next first year approaching her. Nick was going to say it was a kid, but that wouldn't fit with the description of this guy. He had to be close to seven foot, and probably four hundred pounds of solid muscle.

"What the..." Both he and Trent spoke the same words.

"Just watch Nicky my boy, you ever heard the saying, the bigger they are-"

"The harder they fall?" Nick finished for him.

"Yup, Naomi's going to have fun with this one."

The large student swung at Naomi with inhuman speed. However, before the punch could land, Naomi vanished.  She instantly reappeared behind him, and a swift kick sent 400 pounds of muscled student flying through the air.

"Stay down big boy." Keith was laughing beside Nick, watching as the giant started to raise himself off the ground.

Naomi was suddenly beside him, again appearing to teleport, and with ease she lifted him with a single arm. "What-" Nick started, but he was interrupted by the brute suddenly being thrown towards their group.

"Ah, isn't she the best?" Keith was laughing, before he too seemed to teleport, reappearing directly where the giant student was landing, catching him easily with one arm and carrying him back to the group.

"You keep watching the show, I think this one has a broken back." Keith laughed and disappeared with the giant, leaving Nick and Trent dumbstruck.

"Is anyone at this school human?" Nick could only shake his head at Trent's question, as they both turned back to watch the remaining students get tested by Naomi.