Joey Tribbiani {Runaway Bride}

-Joey Tribbiani & Y/N-
Synopsis: Joey and Y/N has previously been in a serious relationship and on her wedding day she gets cold feet and runs straight to Joey.

You stared at yourself in the mirror, flattening out your beautiful wedding dress. "Oh sweetheart you look gorgeous," your mum grinned, a tear slipping from her eye," Greg is so lucky."
Everything about this day was perfect from the flowers to the veil but one thing didn't seem to fit and that was the man you were marrying. In the beginning you believed you loved Greg but if it wasn't for  both of your families watching when he proposed you might of said no. He was a nice guy but he wasn't the guy for you and you knew that. You were in love with someone else and thought that they were the one you were supposed to end up with. That someone was Joey Tribbiani. You two had been together for three years but it ended after a horrible fight that led to you walking out and not coming back. You regretted that decision massively and wished that you had gone back the next morning to sort it out instead of collecting your things. You still replayed the fight in your mind thinking of how you could of avoided it and how if they fight hadn't happened you wouldn't be marrying the wrong man.

~Flashback~
"Joey I'm home," you said dropping your bag on the table by the door.
No answer. "Joey, you home?" You asked curious as to where he could be.
No answer. You decided to head down to the coffee house thinking he might be there with the rest of the group. You got there fairly quickly and when you got there you saw Chandler and Monica sat on the usual sofa and then spotted Joey ordering a coffee. Joey moved slightly to the side and you could see that on the other side of the counter was the newly hired waitress who clearly had a thing for Joey. She had her hand on his shoulder, giggling and batting her eyelashes. "Do you like my new hair Joey, I'm not to sure on it?" She asked clearly fishing for a compliment.
"It looks beautiful," Joey compliment.
You narrowed your eyes and sat down next to Monica on the sofa. "Everything okay?" Monica asked noticing your stiff posture.
"Shhhh," you said," I'm trying to hear what the waitress is saying to Joey."
The flirty waitress and Joey chatted for another few minutes, laughing occasionally. She eventually handed him his coffee and he thanked her, shooting her a wink. "Hey baby," Joey said pressing a kiss to your head before sitting down at the table next to the sofa.
"Don't hey baby me," you snapped crossing your arms across your chest.
Joey looked at you with a confused expression and then at his two friends who just shrugged, also clueless as to why you were so mad all of a sudden. "Everything okay?" Joey asked.
"No, everything is not okay," you said avoiding eye contact with him.
"Want to tell me what's wrong or are we playing the guessing game," Joey responded, getting a little bit annoyed at your lack of explanation.
You thought quickly about whether it would be a good idea to discuss this in earshot of the waitress who clearly was waiting to swoop in and steal Joey from you. "Why don't you ask the waitress you were flirting with, maybe she'll know," you huffed.
"Is this about the new waitress, babe she's just being friendly," Joey said.
"How are you so oblivious to the fact that she is constantly flirting with you? I mean you flirt back most of the time so you should be aware of what's going on," you hissed.
"I don't ever flirt back, why would I flirt with another girl when I'm with you," Joey said trying to reason with you.
"Maybe you just haven't changed, maybe you just can't shake your womanising ways, maybe you're starting to get bored of just one girl," you rambled.
Joey looked extremely offended by your words but in that moment you were too angry to care even a little bit. You were always afraid that Joey would revert back to his old ways even though he knew that he never would. "Y/N, this isn't an argument that should be available for public viewing," Monica stated placing a hand on your shoulder.
You nodded and smiled apologetically at her and Chandler before getting up and leaving the coffee house. Joey trailed behind you all the way home and you ignored all of his pleas to slow down. You hurried to the open the front door and slammed it straight away. It opened again moments later and Joey stood their glaring at you. "Was it necessary to slam the door in my face," he huffed closing it behind him.
"Yes it was necessary."
He walked over to you and you took a few steps back. "You are over reacting Y/N, there's nothing going on between me and that waitress, I love you not her," Joey explained.
"I'm not overreacting, I know what I saw, I can't keep feeling like I'm competing with every other girl in New York all the time," you yelled.
"Don't you trust me, is that it? Do you just think I want to sleep around with any girl that I can?" He shouted.
"Like I said, maybe you just haven't changed," you spat.
"So what, are you just gonna continue not trusting me for the rest of this relationship or will you actually realise you've got it all wrong," he snapped.
"I haven't got it wrong Joey, but if I can't trust you maybe we should just end it," you said feeling your eyes well up.
Joey's face changed from angry to heartbroken in a mere second. The thought of loosing the girl he was in love with broke his heart. "Are you being serious, you want to end it?" He whispered.
"Maybe it's for the best, tying you down to one girl was probably a mistake," you mumbled looking down at the floor.
"Baby you are the only girl I love, you know that, please tell me you know that," he pleaded.
"I'm sorry Joey, I just can't compete with any girl who looks at you anymore, I'm done," you said heading for the door.
He grabbed you wrist to stop you from leaving but you just pried him off you and continued towards the door. "Y/N don't do this, pleased don't walk out on us," he begged.
"I'm sorry Joey," you said before leaving the apartment, tears running down your cheeks.

~Present day~
The fight still haunted your mind and it was the biggest regret of your life. Your mum and bridesmaids had all left the room and so that left you alone, staring at your sad reflection in the mirror. "It's time sweetheart," your dad said from the door.
"Dad I can't marry Greg, he's so lovely but he isn't the one for me," you said hurrying over to your dad," you gotta help me leave."
Your dad was startled by your words and was confused as to why you were suddenly feeling this way. "Y/N, everyone gets cold feet, there's no need to run away," he said," You love Greg, it's why you said yes when he proposed."
"Dad, I don't love him, I love someone else and I need you to take me to him," you pleaded.
You dad looked at you for a moment and realised that you were being serious. He contemplated trying to reason with you but he soon gathered that you weren't going to change your mind. "Come on, the car is just outside, I'll ring your mother when we're far enough away," he said grabbing your hand and pulling you towards the exit quickly.
You climbed into the car and dad drove off. "So where are we heading?" Your dad asked.
"Central Perk," you replied.
"It's Joey that you want to be with isn't it, I always thought you'd marry that guy," your dad responded.
"I haven't seen him in three years so I'll be surprised if he even wants to see me again," you mumbled.
Half an hour later you pulled up outside of central perk and you instantly saw the group sat at their usual spot. You kissed your dad on the cheek and thanked him for helping you. You pushed open the doors to the coffee shop and all eyes were on you instantly. "How many brides are gonna run in here after escaping their wedding?" You heard Chandler say," Wait is that Y/N?"
Joey hadn't taken his eyes off you ever since you walked in. He slowly got up from his seat and walked towards you. "Y/N what are you doing here?" He asked.
"I was about to get married but I realised that I didn't actually love the guy I was about to marry and that I loved you and then I thought about our fight and it made me realise how stupid I was and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I walked out but I still love you Joey. That's why I'm here," You rambled.
You heard the girls 'awww' and it made you feel a little less stupid for running in here and confessing your love for Joey after three years. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear you say that again," Joey said softly.
He placed a hand on your cheek and softly pressed his lips to yours. The sparks that had been there all those years ago reignited. His lips against yours felt perfect and you knew that Joey was the one you were meant to be with. "I love you Y/N, I'm never letting you go again," he whispered before kissing you once again.
When you pulled away you saw the group staring at the two of you with happy expressions. Joey slipped his hand into yours, sat down in his seat and pulled you on to his lap. "Next time you wear a wedding dress it'll be for our wedding," he whispered, pressing a kiss to your forehead.
"There's nothing I want more than to marry you Joey, I love you so much and I'm so sorry for leaving you," you said smiling softly at him.
"That's in the past now, I have you back and that's all that matters."