Joey Tribbiani {Leaving}

-Joey Tribbiani and Y/N-
Synopsis: Y/N gets a new job in a different state and has to leave her boyfriend and friends behind.

"We want you to become the publishing director in our San Francisco office."
You stared at your boss completely taken back by the news she had given you. You were worked a publishing house in New York that had three other head offices. One was in Chicago and the other San Francisco. "I thought you would have been more excited, you've always wanted to progress to the very top," your boss said.
"It's the job I've always wanted but I've always lived in New York, my friends and family are here, my boyfriends here," you responded.
"I know it's a big decision, but I'm going to need to give them an answer by the end of the day, the slot needs to be filled immediately," you boss stated.
"Can I let you know this evening, I need to think about it properly?" You asked.
"Of course," your boss said," but if you take the job, you'll have to leave in just under two weeks."
You headed out of the office and went back to the apartment that you shared with your boyfriend of three years, Joey. When you got there, the whole group was there which meant that you'd struggle to talk to Joey before the day ended. "Hey Y/N, everything okay, you look a little bit down?" Monica asked.
"I'm fine, just been a long day," You responded forcing a smile.
You headed into the bedroom and sat at the foot of the bed. You had no idea what you were going to do about the job. Your relationship with Joey would most likely end if you left and you'd probably loose touch with the group as well. The only upside is that you'd be getting to do your dream job. The door opened and Joey walked in closing the door behind him. "Are you sure everything's okay, you know you can always tell me if something's wrong," Joey said, sitting down next to you.
"I really need to talk to you about something," you blurted out as you turned to face him.
"Okay, go on," he replied.
"I got offered a job promotion today," you revealed.
"Baby that's great," he grinned.
He went to give you a hug but you placed your hand on his chest to stop him. He gave you a confused look but it quickly changed to concern when he saw a small tear fall down your cheek. "Joey, the jobs in San Francisco," you mumbled.
"What!" Joey snapped as he stood up rapidly," Are you being serious?"
"Joey please just sit down so we can talk properly," you pleaded.
He sat down and looked at you with an angry expression. "I can't believe you, we've been together for three years, talked about our future together and now you're just leaving!" He exclaimed.
"Joey it's the job I've always wanted, I wish that I could stay here but I wouldn't get promoted for a long time, this could be my only chance to do this job," you explained.
"So that's it? You're taking the job with no thought for everyone you're leaving behind," Joey yelled.
"I love you Joey, but I can't turn this down," you cried.
"Yes you can, you just say no," Joey snapped.
"I'm not turning this down Joey, just like how you wouldn't ever turn down a movie role if it was in a different state," You huffed.
"I'd turn down anything that would make me leave you, but clearly I care about this relationship a lot more than you do," he hissed.
He stormed out of the room and you followed after him begging him to stop. He ignored you and left the apartment. You stared at the closed door, tears rolling down your cheeks. Your eyes widened when you remembered that the group was still sat in your apartment. You slowly turned to face them and each and everyone of them had looks of shock etched on their face. "I'm sorry you had to hear that," you apologised.
"It's okay Y/N, are you okay?" Rachel asked.
You shook your head as more tears fell down your face. The five of them got up and pulled you into a group hug. "He'll come around Y/N, he loves you too much to stay mad at you, this will just be really hard for him to process," Chandler said.
However, Joey never did come around. He never came back to the apartment and didn't speak to any of the group at all. It was now the day that you were due to leave and no one had heard from Joey. You were all in your apartment, bidding your goodbyes but there was no sight of Joey. "I'm going to miss you Y/N, remember to keep in touch," Monica said.
"I don't know what I'm going to do without you Y/N, you're the best shopping partner I've ever had," Rachel sobbed.
"I'll miss you Y/N, it's not going to be the same without you," Phoebe said, wiping a tear from her cheek.
"You were the best wing woman Y/N, I'll miss you a lot," Ross said, making you chuckle.
"I'm not the best with goodbyes but it's going to be weird without you Y/N, I'm really going to miss you," Chandler mumbled.
You pulled each of them into tearful hugs, bidding them farewell. "Chandler will you do me a favour?" You asked.
"Of course, anything," he responded.
"Will you tell Joey that I'm sorry, and that I love him so much."
"You could just tell me yourself," the all too familiar voice said.
You spun round and saw Joey stood at the door, a sad look on his face. He walked over to you, placed a hand on your cheek and kissed you passionately. His hands slipped down to your waist and yours wrapped around his neck. You both melted into the kiss forgetting that the group was still around you. You pulled away and rested your forehead against his. "I love you Joey, so much, and I'm so sorry that I'm leaving but it's what I have to do," you whispered.
"I know baby, I love you too, never forget that," he replied.
You captured your lips in his again and enjoyed the moment as best you could. The kiss tasted salty from the tears that were falling from both of your eyes. "Goodbye Joey."
You pulled away from him completely and grabbed your suitcase and handbag. You headed out of the door, glancing back at the apartment that your friends and the love of your life stood in. You closed the door behind you and disappeared into the New York night. Back in the apartment, the group was consoling Joey who was devastated. "Do you guys mind if I have some time alone, I just need to process this properly?" Joey asked.
"Of course man, we'll see you tomorrow," Ross said.
Joey went into the bedroom he once shared with you, feeling regretful that he didn't spend as much time as he could with you over the week or so. He opened up the drawer on his bedside table and picked up the little black box that was inside. He opened it up and stared at the diamond ring inside. What no one knew was that Joey was planning on proposing to you. All the plans he had for the future crumbled the second you left the door along with his heart. He put the ring back in the drawer and got into bed, hoping to forget that you were no longer his.