Mike Hannigan {Ex-Boyfriend}

-Mike  Hannigan and Y/N-
Synopsis: A year after their breakup, Mike and Y/N run into each other again but under unexpected circumstances.
(This will follow a different storyline between Phoebe and Mike to the one in the show)

Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

"Hey Y/N, do you want some pizza?" Monica asked as you strolled into the apartment.
"What kind of question is that, of course I would," you chuckled, taking a slice from the box.
You sat down at the kitchen table with Monica and Rachel whilst the guys sprawled on the sofa watching some movie Ross had rented. You had only been friends with the group for a year. You had just broken up with your boyfriend of three years when Monica found you crying in Central Park. It was an embarrassing moment for you since you don't like crying in front of people, let alone in a massive, busy park where anyone could see you. Monica had brought you back to her apartment and that's when you met the group. They all took you in and made you feel ever so welcome. The break up was really hard on you but the group made it so much easier for you to deal wit. A year on, you're now incredibly close with the group and can't even begin to imagine your life without them. "So how was work today?" Rachel asked you.
"It was okay-" you began before you were interrupted by Phoebe bursting through the door.
"Hey Phoebe, everything okay?" You question, raising your eyebrows at her excitable manner.
"Is it okay if I bring my boyfriend up to meet you guys?" She asked, a big grin on her face.
"Wait you have a boyfriend?" Rachel questioned.
"Yes she does, and it's all thanks to me," Joey said smugly.
"What are you on about Joey?" Monica asked.
"I set them up, I introduced Mike to her," he explained.
Hearing the name Mike made you freeze. You hadn't heard that name since the breakup. You desperately prayed that it wasn't your ex-boyfriend, the man you thought was the love of your life- who was about to walk through that door. "Right well bring him up Phoebe," Monica grinned.
Phoebe squealed excitedly and ran off to get her new boyfriend. "Wow she seems really excited, must be a special guy," Chandler commented as he came over to sit at the kitchen table.
"Yeah... special," you muttered, distracted by the thought that it could be your Mike walking through that door any second.
"Everything okay Y/N?" Chandler asked.
"Yeah I'm fine, just tired," you lied.
You all made small talk, waiting for the arrival of Phoebe and her boyfriend. For some reason it was making you incredible nervous. There's millions of Mikes in New York right? There's no chance it will be my Mike right? A good ten minutes later Phoebe, walked back into the apartment, holding hands with an all two familiar face that brought back far too many memories. "Mike?" You said, standing up from your seat.
"Y/N?"
"Wait, do you guys know each other?" Phoebe asked.
"I've got to go," you mumbled before rushing out of the apartment.
"Y/N wait!" Mike called but you ignored him and kept on running down the stairs to get as far away from the apartment as possible.
When you got outside of the apartment building, you fell against the wall, breathing heavily. You slid down the wall and wrapped you arms around your knees, not caring about the looks you'd receive from bystanders. You couldn't believe that Phoebe was dating your ex-boyfriend. The boyfriend you spent three years with. The boyfriend you were madly in love with. The boyfriend you planned on marrying one day. "Y/N, are you okay?" Monica asked as she sat next to you.
"Mike's my ex-boyfriend," you replied, as you tried to steady your breathing.
"Mike, the love of your life Mike, the Mike who you broke up with Mike?" Monica rambled.
"Yes that Mike, the Mike that's now dating one of my best friends," you responded, sadness lacing your words.
"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry, I know it must be hard to see him, especially now he's with Phoebe," she apologised, wrapping her arms around you.
It hurt you massively to know he's moved on, especially with Phoebe. Granted, he didn't know Phoebe was friends with you and it has been a year since the breakup but it really hurt to see him with someone else. You hadn't dated anyone since Mike so this was an incredibly difficult situation for you. "I'm overreacting aren't I? I shouldn't be getting upset over this," you said.
"I don't think you're over reacting. It's bad enough having to see someone you love with another girl but seeing them with someone you're close with is horrible. I think you should talk to Phoebe about this," Monica responded.
"Phoebe doesn't need to know, I'll tell her he's an old friend or something. I'm not going to ruin her chances of happiness Mon, they both deserve to be happy," you said, standing up from the ground, dusting your pant off," I'm gonna head home, I'll see you tomorrow okay."
And with that, you headed home leaving behind a concerned Monica. You avoided the group for a few days, claiming that you were ill and needed time to recover. The truth was that you didn't want to chance seeing Phoebe and Mike together until you had properly got over the fact that they were together and that he wasn't with you anymore. After a week of not seeing the group, Monica came over to see you. She knew exactly why you hadn't been there but she promised you that she hadn't told the group about you and Mike and that Mike hadn't mentioned it either. She told you that she was throwing a Halloween party the next day and that she really wanted you to come. You told her you'd think about it but she was desperate for you to come. You reluctantly agreed and now you were rooting through your wardrobe for something to wear to the party that was about to start in an hour. You decided you wanted to show Mike that his new relationship didn't bother you and that you were still the confident woman that he knew. You picked out your favourite red dress, one that was Mike's favourite when the two of your were together. You paired it with someone black heels and some devil horns that you had in the back of your wardrobe.