'Loving you instead' Part Three

Joey Tribbiani & Chandler Bing & Y/N

Collaboration with KatetheKat8

Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

You were standing out in the hallway, outside of Joey and Chandler's apartment door as everything ran through your head.
You loved joey, didn't you? If you had asked yourself that question yesterday you would have been completely sure but at this current moment, you weren't sure. You had know Chandler several years now, which only meant you had become more and more close to him.
Running a hand messily through your hair, you knocked on Monica's apartment. You didn't feel like going back to your apartment tonight. You had to tell someone what had nearly happened, right?
Monica answered after the third knock and you suddenly began to regret even considering the thought of telling someone about your potential infidelity.
"What the hell do you want this time, ro- oh, hey," she stopped her complaints when she saw you standing there at the door. "Y/N? Everything okay?"
You really contemplated telling her everything that had just occurred; from the moment you entered the apartment to when you had nearly kissed your boyfriend's best friend.
You came to the quick conclusion that maybe you shouldn't tell Monica and that you should just wait and see what happens between the two friends and yourself.
"Uh, yeah," you told her. "i'm just checking in before i head home tonight." you told her with a smile as she pat your shoulder.
"Well, thanks for checking in. goodnight, Y/N," she said. "get home safely."
You nodded, watching as she shut the door and click the lock into place for her safety. Turning around, you nodded to yourself before heading down the stairs and onto the cold streets of New York.
However, you heard a door open behind you which startled you slightly.
"Y/N wait," you heard Chandler say.
"Yeah?" You responded as you turned round to face him.
"Can we talk about what just happened?" He pleaded, desperate to know why the two of you nearly kissed and what you thought about it.
You ran a hand through your hair once again, looking up at him before looking away once more.
"No, Chandler, we don't have to talk about it," you said sharply.
He shook his head.
"Y/N I think we kind of have to talk about it. We almost kissed and neither of us stopped it," he whispered softly to you.
Your eyes met his once again. "It was a mistake," you told him softly. "i didn't mean to. i just saw you differently-"
"You saw me differently?" he asked you.
You nodded, continuing to look up at him. "I've always seen you as just a friend, as just someone who'd i'd go to when i need to talk or get a sarcastic comment but something about you tonight just," you paused, trying to pick through the words carefully. "it just was different. i saw you differently and i can't lie to myself that tonight i wanted to kiss you."
he continued to look at you.
"Y/N," he said softly.
Your eyes traveled down to his lips before quickly looking towards the floor. you couldn't do this to joey but something about him was drawing you in.
"Chandler," you told him softly once again. "I need to think everything through before we-"
He didn't let you finish. he cut you off with his lips hitting yours softly. you didn't push him off, you didn't do anything.
When he pulled away, you looked up at him. you should've been panicked, you should've done something to stop it from happening, but you didn't and the thing was that you didn't want to stop it, nor did you feel bad for letting it happen. Before you could even respond to what just happened, Chandler walked away from you and headed back into the apartment, leaving you standing outside in the cold, completely shocked. You grazed your fingertips across your lips, guiltily missing the feeling of his lips on yours. You knew you had a lot to think about, but it was a situation that you really didn't want to be in, but it was one that you would now need to find a solution to.