Joey Tribbiani {Divorce?}

-Joey Tribbiani and Y/N-
Synopsis: After a difficult few months within their marriage, one terrible fight leads to Joey and Y/N contemplating the idea of a divorce.
Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

You trudged up the stairs to Monica and Chandler's apartment, your face stained with tears and smudges of mascara. You knocked softly on the door, not wanting to barge in since it was quite late at night. A few moments later the door swung open and you were greeted with a tired looking Chandler. "Hey Y/N, everything okay?" He asked.
You shook your head and almost immediately more tears cascaded down your cheeks. He quickly pulled you into a hug and you cried into his chest, gripping his now tear-soaked t-shirt. "Chandler, who's at the... oh my god Y/N, what's happened?" Monica asked rushing over to the two of you.
You pulled away from Chandler and wiped your eyes with the end of your sleeve. Chandler closed the door and guided you to the sofa where you slumped down in the seat, bringing your knees to your chest. "Sweetie tell me what's happened," Monica said, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.
"I... I think.. I think things have ended with me and... me and Joey," you sobbed, struggling to get your words out.
"Wait what? You two are getting a divorce?" Chandler questioned, shock written all over his face.
Himself and Monica were completely taken back by your words. They knew how in love you and Joey were. You were the couple that never seemed to leave the honeymoon faze but clearly that stage is over now. "We've been fighting a lot lately and we just had a huge fight and.. and he said.. he said he thinks we should get a divorce so I.. I threw my ring at him and came here," you cried, collapsing into Monica's side.
"Oh Y/N, I'm so sorry," Monica soothed, rubbing her hand up and down your back in a comforting manner," is there no way to fix this?"
"I don't know Mon, he was so angry and I think he meant it. I think he actually wants to get a divorce," you responded, trying to wipe the tears falling from your eyes.
"I'll head over to Joey's, see if I can figure out what he's thinking, but Y/N, he's been crazy about you since the day he met you, I'm sure he didn't mean what he said," Chandler said.
He stood up and threw on a jacket and some shoes and left the apartment. You prayed that Joey would tell Chandler he didn't mean what he said and that he still loved you and wanted to be your husband. "Why don't you tell me exactly what happened, maybe we can figure out where it went wrong and try and fix it," Monica suggested.

Flashback
You stared angrily and the two plates of food in front of you. Joey, your husband, was supposed to be home at 7pm for dinner but it was now 8pm and there was no sign of him. No phone call. No text. Nothing. About a month ago he had begun filming for a huge movie that he'd got a main role in. It meant you spent a lot less time together but the time that he did have free he often spent it with his cast mates instead of you. You thought his eagerness to spend time with them would wear off after a few weeks but it never did. He would continuously come home late with the excuse "the guys were going out so I thought I'd join them." You picked up the two plates and dumped the cold food in the bin. You poured yourself a glass of red wine and sat on the sofa, staring at the blank tv screen. 9pm rolled by, quickly followed by 10pm with no sign of your husband. As the clock hit half past ten, the door to your apartment swung open and in strolled Joey, a big smile on his face, obviously oblivious to the fact that he should have been home three and half hours ago. "Hey baby," he greeted, pressing a kiss to the top of your head before disappearing into the bedroom.
"Hey baby? That's all I get after you're three hours late!" You snapped," No I'm sorry?"
He stuck his head round the bedroom door, a confused look on his face. "I just went out with guys from set, I don't see what the issue is," He responded.
"Joey all you do these days is go to work, go out with your cast mates and then come home and go to bed, you have not spent any time with me since you got the role," you huffed.
"Are you seriously mad at me for spending time with the people I have to work with? Being good friends with them makes things more comfortable on set," he replied, grabbing a beer from the fridge.
"I'm mad at you because you told me you'd be home at seven tonight so we could have dinner together and you didn't show up and didn't even call or text me to tell me. It's not like this is the first time this has happened," you yelled.
"Why are you being so clingy all of a sudden? I'm only hanging out with my cast mates," he replied, dropping onto the sofa and switching on the TV.
You snatched the remote from his hand and angrily turned off the TV. "We are not done talking Joey and how dare you call me clingy. All I want is to spend time with my husband but clearly he couldn't care less," you shouted.
"My attention can't be on you twenty-four-seven Y/N, this movie is important and I need to have good relationships with my cast mates," Joey hissed.
"What about a good relationship with me?" You asked, folding your arms across your chest.
"Why can't you just be supportive Y/N. God you're so needy," he complained.
"Needy! How dare you. Forgive me for wanting to make this marriage work," you huffed.
"Well maybe it was a mistake to get married," he retorted.
You were taken back by his words, not expecting him to say such a thing. You waited a few moments to see if he would take what he said back but he continued to glare at you. "Excuse me?" You replied.
"Maybe I need to find someone who can support me and my career and you need to find someone who can feed your obsessive need for attention," he snapped.
"I've always supported you Joey, how can you even say that," you said, feeling quite hurt by his words.
"I never complained when you had to work late for a month because of the huge project because I knew how important it was for you but all you're thinking about is you right now and not how important this movie is for me, you aren't the woman I married, I didn't marry someone who desperately craved attention and wanted everyone at her beck and call," he yelled.
He stood up from the sofa and stormed into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. You followed behind him, pushing open the door. "Can't you leave me alone for just a minute," he snapped.
"Joey can we please just talk about this is the morning, I'm tired and we're running in circles with this," you said calmly.
"No I don't want to talk in the morning, I think we really need to reconsider this marriage Y/N," he responded as he sat down on the bed.
"What do you mean?" You asked, scared of his answer.
"I think we should consider a divorce," he said.
It took everything in you not to cry in that moment. You felt your heart sink at what he said, not expecting him to bring up a divorce. You pulled the ring off your finger and threw it harshly at him. "I hate you Joey, I hate you," you cried before running out of the apartment and heading to Monica and Chandler's.

Flashback over

"Oh sweetie I'm so sorry, I can't believe it escalated that badly," Monica said, pulling you into a tight hug.
"I don't want to loose him Mon, I can't loose him," you sobbed.
She soothingly rubbed your back whilst you cried into her shoulder. Monica's heart broke at the sight of her best friend breaking down in front of her. It upset her to see you so distressed. "C'mon, why don't you stay in the guest room tonight, we'll figure it all out in the morning," Monica suggested.
You nodded and let Monica lead you into the bedroom. She tucked you under the covers and then disappeared into the living room, leaving you to be consumed by your own sadness until you fell into a deep sleep. Monica waited up for Chandler, hoping that he'd got some information out of Joey. About an hour later, Chandler trudged back into the apartment, shocked to see Monica still awake. "How'd it go with Joey?" She asked.
"He's heartbroken, he's so angry with himself, he knows he's messed up but he said part of him is still so angry with her because he feels like she isn't supportive of his career like she used to be," Chandler explained, hanging his jacket up on the coat rack.
"Y/N would take him back in heartbeat, she loves him more than words can even begin to describe, I've never seen her this broken before, she's devastated," Monica replied.
"Well I managed to get Joey to go to bed instead of to a bar so hopefully in the morning we can get them in the same room and they can resolve it because I'd hate to see the two of them end their marriage over something so stupid," Chandler said.

***********************
The next morning you woke up and panicked when you realised you weren't in your own bed and Joey wasn't beside you. But moments later you remembered the events of the night before and you felt yourself become overwhelmed by sadness. You climbed out of the bed and dragged yourself out into the main part of the apartment. "Morning Y/N, how are you feeling?" Monica asked, handing you a glass of orange juice.
"Numb," you replied, before taking a sip of the juice.
You placed the glass on the kitchen table and then dropped down into one of the chairs. "Can I get you something to eat?" Monica asked.
"No thank you, I've not got an appetite," you mumbled.
After a few minutes of painful silence, the front door opened and in walked Chandler and, to your surprise, Joey. You stood up from the chair and stared at your husband in complete shock. "Y/N," he whispered.
Without a second thought you hurried towards him and flung your arms around his neck. His arms instantly wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to his body. "I'm so sorry baby, I'm so so sorry, I can't loose you," Joey mumbled, repeatedly pressing kisses to the side of your head.
You cried into his shoulder, and held onto him tightly. "I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have nagged you about being out with your cast mates, I know how important this movie is but I just miss you," you replied.
He pulled away from the hug and cupped your face in his hands. "Nothing is more important to me than you and us, I should be spending more time with you and I'm so sorry I didn't realise it sooner, I didn't mean a single thing I said last night, I love you and I'm an idiot for even mentioning divorce because that is the last thing I'll ever want," he gushed.
You closed the space between the two of you, softly pressing your lips to his. Your hands rested on his chest whilst his gently slipped down to your hips. Just as the kiss deepened , you heard a cough behind you making you pull away. "Oh, I have something for you," Joey said, making you furrow your eyebrows in confusion.
He pulled something out of his pocket and you instantly recognised it as your wedding ring. He got down on one knee, making you let out a small giggle. He took your hand in his and smiled up at you. "Y/N, will you forgive me and be my wife again?" Joey asked.
"Of course I will you goof," you giggled.
He slipped the ring back on your finger before placing a gentle kiss on the top of your hand. He stood up and pulled you into a hug, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "I told you they'd be back together within less than twenty-four hours," Monica chuckled.
"Yeah well I love her too much to ever let her walk out of my life, I was an idiot for even suggesting she do so," Joey said, pecking your lips.
"I love you too Joey, so much," you grinned.