Ross Geller {Christmas Special}

-Ross Geller and Y/N-
Synopsis: It's Ross first Christmas without his now ex-fiancé Y/N who had to move away to look after her mother. But a Christmas miracle brings the two back together.

Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

*6 months ago*"Ross, you home?" You called as you rushed through the front door, throwing your keys and jacket on the table

*6 months ago*
"Ross, you home?" You called as you rushed through the front door, throwing your keys and jacket on the table.
"Yeah, I'm in the bedroom," Ross called back.
You rushed into the bedroom, startling Ross who was getting changed out of his work clothes. "Is everything okay?" He asked.
"No, everything isn't okay," you said, tears threatening to spill.
"Just sit down and tell me what's happened," Ross answered.
You sat down on the edge on the bed, Ross doing the same. He placed a comforting hand on your thigh and you placed yours on top of his. "I got a call on my way home from work, mum got in a car accident and she's in a coma and they have no idea if she's going to wake up but there's a twenty percent chance that she will but it could be weeks or months before she wakes up, I have to go to her," you cried.
"Oh my god baby I'm so sorry," Ross responded as he pulled you into a hug.
You cried into his shoulder and he soothingly rubbed his hands up and down your back. "I'll book the next flight out of here and we'll go and visit her okay," Ross said as he stood up to go to the computer.
"Ross I'm not going to visit her," you replied.
He turned round to look at you, confused by your response. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"Ross, I think I need to move to California permanently. If she wakes up from the coma she'll need me and Dad to be there with her at all times, not just temporarily," you explained.
Ross didn't say anything; He just looked at you with an expression that you couldn't read. You had always felt bad about moving to New York all those years ago and leaving your mother and father behind but you knew that you now had to return home. You knew that any day your parents could be taken from you and you couldn't spend another day away from them, especially since your mum could be permanently damaged from the crash. "You want to move back to California?" Ross questioned.
"I have to Ross, you can come with me and we can start our life together there and I can look after my mum," you answered.
"Y/N I can't just move to California, I have Ben and there's no way I can bring him with me," Ross replied.
You knew that there was no way that you'd convince Ross to move to California and he also knew that once you set your mind on something, nothing would be able to make you change your mind. You both stood in your shared bedroom staring at each other, not sure of what to say. Ross was completely baffled by what you had just said and had no idea how to respond to you. He dropped down on the bed but maintained eye contact with you. "Are you seriously going to give up your life here, the life you share with me, to go and live in California?" Ross suddenly asked.
"I have to go back Ross. I hardly ever see my parents and if my mum pulls through this I refuse to loose anymore time with her and my dad," you answered.
"So you're willing to throw everything we have away?"
"I'm sorry Ross, but I need to be with my parents," you mumbled.
"Y/N we are meant to be getting married in April and now you're just going to walk out of that door and not even bother to come back," Ross snapped.
"Please Ross, don't get angry, I have to go back to California, please can you just try to understand my reasons for it," you cried.
"Okay," he said.
"Okay?"
"If leaving is what you need to do, then okay," Ross muttered.
You thought Ross would have put up more of a fight. Part of you was happy that he wasn't stopping you from leaving but the other part of you was a bit upset that he was letting you go so easily. You looked down at your engagement ring, the one Ross had given you 5 months ago, and slipped it off your finger. You took Ross' hand in yours and slipped the ring into his hand. You took your hand away and looked at your now ex-fiancé who seemed to shocked to speak. His breathing was heavy and he was staring sadly at his feet. You placed a hand on his cheek and turned his head to look at you. "I'll love you forever Ross," you mumbled before softly pressing your lips to his one last time.