'Loving you instead' Part Two

Joey Tribbiani & Chandler Bing & Y/N

Collaboration with KatetheKat8

Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

You had had a pretty chilled day with the girls, despite the time when Monica flipped out because Phoebe spilt something on the sofa. Most of the day was spent trying out some new recipes that Monica wanted to test out. "Oh my god I'm stuffed," you groaned flopping down on the sofa, a glass of red wine in hand.
"Don't you dare spill that wine Y/N, the sofa has enough stains as it is," Monica warned as she glared at Phoebe, the culprit of the previous spillage.
"Calm down Mon, I won't stain your precious couch," you teased, causing Monica to huff.
You let out a small laugh as you rested your feet on the coffee table, taking a sip of your wine. "So Y/N, how are things going with Joey?" Rachel asked as she took a seat next to you on the sofa.
"Things are going great. I'm really happy with him," you answered.
"I'm so pleased for you, it's nice to see Joey settling down as well," Phoebe said.
"In fact, I said I'd go over to his tonight, so I better head over," you stated as you glanced down at your watch.
You drank your wine as quick as you could before placing the glass on the table. "I'll see you later girls," you said before sauntering out of the apartment.
Before you walking into Joey's apartment, you fixed your hair and clothes a small amount so that you looked some what presentable for your evening with your boyfriend. When you walked into the apartment, you found Chandler sat on one of the recliners watching TV. "Hey Chandler, is Joey around?" You asked, as your dropped down into the other recliner, your legs tucked underneath you.
"He headed out a little while ago, said he had an audition or something," Chandler answered without looking away from the TV screen.
"Oh? He said we were going to rent a movie and order in some pizza," you replied.
"Well it's only eight, I'm sure he'll be home soon," Chandler said, shooting you a small, comforting smile," I'm about to watch this new horror film, do you want to watch it with me while you wait for him? I'll finish watching it tomorrow if he comes home before it's done so you can have some privacy," Chandler asked.
"Yeah sounds good, I'll grab us a beer each," you answered.
You hurriedly grabbed a couple of beers and settled down to watch the movie. You normally wouldn't watch horror films; the only time you would watch one was when you were with Joey so that he could comfort you. Throughout the movie, Chandler kept glancing over to you to make sure you were okay since he had heard you scream many at horror movies many, many times. Every so often you would slink further into the seat, hiding your head behind your arms, which made Chandler contemplate turning off the film since he didn't want to complete frighten you. At one particular jump scare, you let out an ear piercing scream, making Chandler jump out of his skin. "Jesus Christ Y/N," Chandler huffed, holding a hand to his heart," you scared me more than that jump scare."
"Sorry," you squeaking, hugging your knees closer to your chest.
"Get over here you big baby," Chandler chuckled, patting the recliner for you to join him.
You scuttled over and squished onto the recliner, hiding your face in Chandler's side. Chandler was half sat on the arm of the chair with his arm wrapped around your shoulder in a comforting manner. "You know Joey was right, you really are a big baby when it comes to horror films," Chandler teased, causing you to playfully slap his arm.
"You're an ass," you pouted.
By the end of the movie, you were pretty much sat on Chandler's lap, grasping onto him for dear life. Neither of you had realised that this was probably not an appropriate position for you to be sat in but you didn't really care since you were trying to shield yourself from the horrors on the screen. When the credits rolled, you let out a sigh of relief causing Chandler to let out a small laugh. "Oh my god I'm so glad that's over," you grumbled, hiding your face in Chandler's shoulder.
When you lifted your head, you instantly realised how close you and Chandler were. Instead of moving away, you kept close to him and you were aware of the fact that he wasn't making any effort to move either.  As you stared into each other's eyes, you began to see Chandler a bit differently; as someone who you'd like to kiss. Rather than resisting the urge to kiss the man sat next to you, the two of you leant towards one another, being completely oblivious to the potential consequences of a kiss. Just as your lips were about to meet in a dangerous kiss, the apartment door opened making you jump out of the recliner causing Chandler to fall on the floor. "Hey baby," Joey grinned, pressing a kiss to your head," Chandler man, what are you doing on the floor?"
"It's just, erm, it's just comfy down here," Chandler said, forcing a smile.
Joey raised his eyebrows at his friend but dismissed his weird behaviour. "I'm glad you stopped by babe, I missed you today," Joey said as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.
"We had plans tonight Joey? Did you forget?" You asked, leaning against the counter.
"Oh shit baby, I completely forgot. I had an, erm, an, erm, addition," Joey rambled.
You were aware of the fact that Joey stumbled over his words quite terribly and it made you think that maybe he wasn't at an audition at all and that he was actually somewhere else, maybe with someone else. "Are you staying the night?" Joey asked, pulling you closer to him so he could peck your lips.
You glanced over at Chandler who was now stood awkwardly next to his recliner, clearly overthinking the fact that he nearly kissed his best friends girlfriend. "I better not, I need to be up early tomorrow and I don't want to wake you," you answered," but I'll drop by tomorrow."
"Okay babe, I'll see you tomorrow," Joey said before disappearing into his room.
"Goodnight Chandler," you said before leaving the apartment.
You couldn't quite believe that you had almost kissed Chandler and the bad thing was that you wished you had...