Joey Tribbiani {Misunderstanding}

-Joey Tribbiani and Y/N-
Synopsis: After a fight caused by a misunderstanding, Joey gives Y/N the silent treatment. The group, who hate to see the two so upset, creates a plan that will get the two back together.
Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

You trudged across the hallway, a yawn escaping your lips. You pushed open the door to Monica's apartment and dragged yourself inside. You could barely keep your eyes open and couldn't go a minute without yawning. "Morning Y/N," Monica chirped.
"Morning," you grumbled, dropping down on one of the kitchen table chairs.
"Are you okay? You look exhausted?" Monica asked, placing a cup of coffee in front of you.
"Me and Joey had a huge fight last night. I can't sleep without him so I was up most of the night," you explained," and I was worried about him. He left at about eleven and didn't come home."
"Oh wow, must have been bad if he left. What happened?" Monica asked.

Flashback
"I can't believe you Y/N. All this time you led me to believe that you wanted to start a family with me but now you're telling me you don't want kids," Joey snapped.
"Joey I'm not saying I don't want kids..."
"Yes you are Y/N, anytime I bring it up you always put it off, we're getting married in two months and you are still avoiding any conversations about us having kids," Joey yelled.
"Joey, all I'm saying is I just don't want kids right now," you retorted.
"That's just your way of saying you never want kids," he hissed," I can't believe you. You know how much I want a family and now you're telling me I've wasted three years of my life with someone who doesn't want the same things that I want."
"You are completely twisting my words Joey, can you just listen to what I'm actually saying instead of jumping to these dumb conclusions," you snapped.
"Whatever Y/N, I'm done with this," he responded.
He pulled on his jacket and headed towards the front door. "Joey where are you going?" You asked.
"I don't want to be around you right now, I don't want to see you," he snarled before storming out of the apartment.

"Y/N I'm so sorry," Monica said, placing a hand on your shoulder," I'm sure when he's calmed down he'll come and talk to you."
"All I said to him is that I don't want to have kids right now. We're getting married in two months and I'd like to enjoy married life with him before we rush into having kids," you explained," but of course I want to have a family with him one day, I love him more than anything."
"That's all you have to tell him Y/N, he loves you so much and all he wants is to be with you but we all know how much he wants to be a dad so I guess that's why he flipped out," Monica responded.
You rested your arms on the table and placed your head on top of them. Above the exhaustion you were mostly upset. You loved Joey with all your heart and you hated that he felt like he'd wasted three years of his life by being with you. You and Monica decided to head down to the coffee shop to grab something to eat so you threw on a hoodie and some joggers and headed out. "Are you sure you want to go out like that?" Monica asked, eyeing your outfit disapprovingly.
"Mon, I'm exhausted and upset so this is the best you're getting out of me," you grumbled.
She linked her arm through yours and the two of you headed down to the coffee house. Monica kept trying to start conversations with you but you weren't really in the mood to talk. Your fight with Joey had really shook you up and the last thing you wanted to do was be out in public, pretending to be okay. When you walked into the coffee house, you instantly spotted Joey sat with the rest of the group, an angry but sad look etched on his face. As you walked closer to the group, Joey finally took notice of your presence. As soon as he saw you, he slammed his coffee cup on the table, stood up and walked towards the door of the coffee house. "Joey please wait," you begged.
He ignored you and walked out of the coffee house without even giving you a second glance. You swore that you could feel your heart break slightly at his actions, devastated by the fact that he wanted nothing to do with you right now. "I'm sorry Y/N I didn't realise he would be here," Monica apologised.
"It's okay Mon, but I think I'm just going to go home," you mumbled before walking away from the group.
"I feel so bad for them both, all of this over a little misunderstanding," you heard Rachel say before you closed the door to the coffee house.
For the next week or so, Joey continued to ignore you. He never came home and as far as you were aware he had been staying with Ross and had no intention of coming back to your shared apartment. Anytime you entered a room he was in he would get up and leave straight away. The other day, you were heading over to Monica's for a girls night with her, Rachel and Phoebe but when you got there, Joey was over there sharing the news of an audition he had gotten for a huge new movie. It upset you that he didn't share the news of his audition with you and you hated that he was excluding you from his life. As soon as he noticed you stood in the door way, he said goodbye to the three girls and walked straight past you and out of the door without even so much as glancing at you. "I'm sorry Y/N, I really thought you two would have a made up by now," Phoebe said, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.
"I really miss him," you mumbled, a stray tear rolling down your cheek.
"I know sweetie, he'll come around I promise," Monica responded, pulling you into a hug.
Yesterday, when you got home from work, you were surprised to find Joey in your shared bedroom. Your first thought was that he'd decided to come and talk to you but when you noticed he was packing a bag, your heart sank. "Joey, please talk to me," you whispered, placing your hand on his bicep.
He shrugged you off and continued packing his bag. He pulled many items of clothing from the wardrobe and shoved it into his bag. He rummaged through draws pulling out most of his belongings. "Joey are you leaving me?" You asked.
He shrugged and then zipped up his bag. As he turned to walk away, you grabbed his hand and forced him to looked at you. "Joey please don't do this, it was a complete misunderstanding, please don't leave me," you begged.
He looked at you with pained eyes that matched your own. He gently pulled his hand away from yours and walked out of the bedroom. You fell to the floor and burst into tears, not believing that Joey was really leaving you. The man you loved more than yourself was walking out of your life all because of a dumb misunderstanding that led him to believe you never wanted a family with him, which was not true at all. As Joey walked out of the front door, his heart ached at the sound of you crying but he just closed the door behind him and walked back to Ross' apartment. Currently, you were curled up in your bed, surrounded by tissues and photo albums of yourself and Joey. You'd never felt so heartbroken in your whole life. Rachel, who you we're supposed to meet for lunch, was worried about you since you didn't turn up so she headed over to your apartment and was shocked at the sight of your disheveled figure. "Oh sweetie," Rachel whispered, sitting down next to you on the bed.
"He left Rach, he packed a bag and he left," you cried.
"I can't believe he left you, I'm so sorry," she replied, stroking your hair in a soothing manner.
"I love him so much Rach, I just want him back."
Later that day, the whole group, besides yourself and Joey, met at Monica's place to discuss a plan to get the two of you back together. "She's so broken, I've never seen her life this before, the poor girl doesn't know what to do with herself," Monica said.
"Joey's the same. He seems so lost without her. He can't sleep, he won't eat, which we all know is a worrying sign when it comes to Joey, and he's not even that excited about the audition he has tomorrow," Ross explained.
"We need to hatch a plan to get them back together, I can't stand to see them both like this," Rachel said.
"Well Joey won't even go in the same room as Y/N so I don't know how we're going to get them together," Chandler stated.
"Oh I've got it!" Monica grinned," I'll tell Joey I need him to try and fix my broken wardrobe door and then I'll tell Y/N I need her help sorting through my clothes so I can decide what to throw away and keep and then I'll lock them in my bedroom until they've talked things through."
"I mean, I guess it could work," Ross answered, the group all nodding in agreement.
"Right well I'll call Joey and tell him to come round in the afternoon tomorrow and when he's here I'll call one of you to bring Y/N round," Monica said.
"Sounds good to me," Phoebe replied," I really hope this works."