Joey Tribbiani {Monica's Thunder}

-Joey Tribbiani & Y/N-
Synopsis: Joey and Y/N had previously been in a long term relationship and on the night of Monica and Chandler's engagement, the two realise that they want to spend the rest of their lives together.

Yourself, Joey, Rachel and Phoebe were currently stood outside of Monica and Chandler's apartment trying to listen to the proposal that was most likely talking place inside. You were all getting impatient, desperate to burst into the apartment and watch the romantic scene unfold. "Can we come in yet, we're dying out here," Joey shouted, a large grin on his face.
"Come in, come in," Monica cried.
The four of you opened the door, grins set on your faces.
"We're engaged," Monica cheered.
You pulled the newly engaged couple into a group hug, all of you smiling brightly. "This is the least jealous I've ever been," Rachel said, excitement filling her voice. 
Once you had called Ross over to the apartment, you all decided to go to the Plaza for drinks. Your apartment was in Ross' building so Rachel offered to lend you one of her dresses. You followed her into her's and Joey's apartment and into her bedroom. All of a sudden, you felt a wave of sadness hit you. Rachel noticed instantly and sat you down on her bed. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" She asked.
"I don't know, I'm so happy for Monica and Chandler but I can't help but feel sad," you admitted.
"Why do you feel sad?" She asked, rubbing your back soothingly.
The truth was that you thought that you and Joey would have been engaged before Monica and Chandler. You and Joey had dated previously for two years and you were both so in love. Everyone believed you and Joey were going to last a long time but one avoidable argument led to you and Joey ending things for good. Your friends tried to get the two of you back together but you and Joey both agreed to stay friends. You had mostly gotten over Joey and had moved on but seeing Monica and Chandler getting engaged made you miss the love you shared with Joey. "I guess I'm just sad that I'm not even close to being engaged," you mumbled.
"You'll find someone don't worry, I'll even help set you up with someone," Rachel responded.
Rachel then got up and proceed to root through her wardrobe to find you a dress for the evening. She pulled out a black open back dress and some black stilettos. "These will suit you perfectly," Rachel grinned.
You took the dress and shoes from her and proceed to get changed. You pulled your hair back into a ponytail and got Rachel to fix your makeup. "Do I look okay?" You asked, smoothing out the dress.
"You look beautiful Y/N, head back over to Monica's and I'll meet you there in a bit," Rachel said.
You smiled at the compliment and then headed out of the apartment. Just as you were about to open the door to Monica's, it opened and Joey walked out closing the door behind him. "Can you believe they got engaged, how incredible is it," Joey gushed.
"Yeah it's great," you mumbled.
Joey instantly realised something was wrong and a concerned expression spread across his face. "Everything okay?" He asked.
"No I'm not okay, I feel sad but I shouldn't feel sad," you replied.
"Why do you feel sad?" He questioned. 
You didn't know whether telling Joey that you were sad because you missed him was a good idea. You didn't know what his reaction would be as Joey was quite unpredictable. "I guess I kind of always believed that me and you would get engaged and married first," you explained, stating at the ground as a small blush crept onto your face.
"If I'm being honest, I thought that we would have been married for a while by now," Joey admittedly
You were surprised by his response since you thought he no longer thought about your relationship with him. "Really?" You asked.
"Really. I loved you more than anything and if I'm being honest I regret not trying to get back with you when we broke up," Joey spoke.
You were currently blushing massively but he seemed very calm and not at all embarrassed by his words. "I wanted to fix things but I guess I thought you wanted to move on from me so I never tried," you mumbled.
You noticed that Joey was slowly moving closer to you and you were unsure as to why. His hand was gently placed on your cheek as your eyes rapidly searched his. He leant in and captured your lips with his. It took a few seconds to comprehend what was happening but as soon as you realised that the man you envisioned yourself marrying was kissing you, you passionately kissed him back. You heard a gasp and shot away from Joey to see Monica stood at her door. "Apparently I've opened the door to the past," she said before closing the door.
"Oh no, she's going to think we're trying to steal attention from her night," you panicked.
"Hey it's okay, come on, we'll go talk to her," Joey said as he dragged you into Monica and Chandler's apartment," Monica, let us explain please."
She turned around and glared at the two of you. "Can I ask one question, why tonight?" She asked.
"What?" You responded, confused by her question.
"See I've been waiting my whole life to be engaged, so maybe this is selfish and I'm sorry about it, but I was kinda hoping tonight could just be about that," she explained.
"But Monica it is about that..." you started.
"No it's not, no now it's about you and Joey getting back together, so you kinda stole my thunder," Monica said, slowly raising her voice.
"Look Monica we're sorry, but there is an explanation that we will tell you another time but no one saw it happen besides you so no attention has been taken from your night," You rambled.
"That's true," she muttered.
"No one needs to know that we kissed," you said.
Unfortunately, just at that moment Phoebe walked out of her room and heard what you said. "You guys kissed! What does this mean? Are you getting back together? Can I sing at your wedding?" She squealed.
"Thunder being stolen," Monica snapped.
"Phoebe it's nothing," you said quickly following after Monica who has started to walk away.
"Let's not make a big deal out of this, it was just a kiss that only two people know about, Ross and Chandler have no idea so let's keep it that way and enjoy your night," Joey said sitting next to Monica on the sofa.
Once again your timing was awful, and Chandler and Ross heard everything. "What? You guys kissed? This is huge!" Ross grinned.
"It's really not huge," you said.
"And people thinking its huge has led Monica to believe that we are stealing her thunder, which we are not," Joey said, a serious expression on his face.
The whole situation was now very intense and Monica did not seem convinced that the two of you weren't attempting to steal her thunder.
"How about we all just head to the Plaza and not talk about it anymore," Phoebe suggested.
"I don't really feel like going out anymore," Monica said.
"Monica please just let me explain," you pleaded.
"There's nothing to explain, you are just jealous of me like always," Monica snapped.
"I am jealous but not for the reason you think," you said, ignoring Monica's horrible comment.
Joey slipped his hand into yours in comfort. Even though this action soothed you, it angered Monica even more. "Go ahead then, explain this unknown reason,"she said crossing her arms across her chest.
"I was sad that you got engaged before me because I always thought me and Joey would have been engaged first and it made me realised I missed having him as more than a friend. I told Joey how I felt and we just kissed. We didn't intend for you to see," you explained.
Monica stayed silent. She stared at you both intently, clearly trying to figure out what to say. "Well you still stole my thunder, have a nice night," Monica huffed before storming into her bedroom, slamming the door closed.
You all stood in silence and you felt like you could burst into tears at any moment. You never meant to ruin Monica's but she believed that you did it on purpose. Joey excused the both of you and the two of you headed to his apartment. You sat cross legged on his bed, a sad look spread across your face. "Monica will come around, it'll be okay," Joey said, placing a hand on your knee.
"But what if she doesn't, what if she never forgives me," you whispered, a tear rolling down your cheek.
"Y/N, we did nothing wrong. Monica's just upset because all of the attention wasn't on her," Joey stated.
When you and Joey were together, he hated when you were upset. He'd be incredibly concerned and he'd always try to soothe you and make you feel better. He'd cuddle you, run you a bath and order your favourite pizza. It was something that you missed massively and you wanted nothing more than to be back with Joey. "I don't regret what happened, I miss you Joey, I really do," you said confidently.
A smile formed on Joey's face which reassured you that your feelings weren't one sided. "I love you Y/N, I never stopped loving you and I probably never will," Joey gushed.
You shot forward and pressed your lips to his. He steadied you by placing his hands tightly on your hips. He depended the kiss and you moved your legs to straddle his waist. Just as you went to remove his shirt the door flung open. You climbed off Joey and saw Monica stood in the doorway, Rachel and Chandler hovering behind her. "I'm going to ignore what I just saw. I came to tell you that I'm sorry. I know it must have been hard for you to see me and Chandler getting engaged and I had no right to be so rude to the both of you and I'm sorry for that," Monica apologised.
"We're gonna have drinks in the apartment if you would both like to join us," Chandler added.
"We'd love to," you answered," and Monica I'm sorry if you thought I was purposely trying to hijack your night, I didn't mean to."
You got up and pulled Monica into a hug which Joey, Chandler and Rachel joined too. "So lets go celebrate your engagement," Joey said.
Monica, Chandler and Rachel headed back to the apartment so that you and Joey could tidy yourselves up a bit. When they left Joey pulled you into a quick kiss. "We'll finish where we left off later," he smirked.
You grinned at Joey, completely amazed by the fact that you had got him back.