0.8

"I want it~!" Ashton whined with a pout, tryng to reach up and grab the pink lollipop Luke was holding up and out of his reach.

"No, Calum said no lollies." Luke insisted, the both of them in the confectionery aisle whilst Michael had wandered off with the shopping trolley elsewhere.

Calum hadn't joined them for shopping today, he said he had some strenuous work drill to do instead.

But he had specifically told them Ashton was not allowed any lollies, chocolates or sweets because he'd eaten a stolen packet of chocolate cookies for breakfast.
He'd also tried to make a lolly smoothie by blending up snake lollies, jelly babies, a couple of mini strawberry cupcakes from the packet in the fridge and a small bottle of Bailey's alcohol.
Only, he thought it was chocolate milk.

Thank god Calum had managed to stop him from pouring the crushed up sweet drink since he'd quickly gone to investigate the use of the blender.

Needless to say, Ashton was on a sweet ban.

Luke huffed, "No. Ashton. Go find Michael."

"No." Ashton scowled, crossing his arms, "I don't wanna."

"Ashton." Luke warned.

"Gimme the strawbewwy."

Luke groaned, now was not the time for Ashton to slip into subspace and he was definitely not aware of how to handle that in a public setting.

"Ashton, please. Come on. You don't need it-"

Ashton gasped, uncrossing his arms in shock as his eyes shot wide open, "Are you calling me fat?"

"Oh god no-! No! I wasn't-"

Ashton's eyes teared up, "You called me fat."

"N-No nonononono, I meant 'cause Calum said you couldn't have any-"

"I'm not fat!"

"Ashton, don't cause a scene—Please!" Luke really didn't know what to do.

Michael must've heard the commotion from the next aisle over because he rounded into their lane only a few seconds after Ashton began to bawl his eyes out.

Luke lowered his arm, "Okay-Okay, here-!"

Ashton sniffled, looking up at the outstretched lollipop, "I can has it?"

"Yes?" Luke was so going to get in trouble for this. But what the fuck else was he supposed to do?

Ashton grinned, beaming brightly as though he hadn't been upset, and snatched the lollipop with a giggle; unwrapping it and stuffing it in his mouth.
Luke ended up with the wrapper in his hand just in time for Michael to see it.

"I leave you for not even a minute and you break Calum's rule." He scolded.

"No-No, wait. I didn't know what to do!" Luke panicked. He didn't want to be punished again, he just wanted a kiss maybe even a cuddle. Not sexualised torture.
Well, not that he minded that either, but still. A change of pace would be nice.

"Explain." Michael raised an eyebrow.

Luke looked like he was going to cry, "He started slipping into his space a-and I wouldn't give him the lollipop so he started crying and he thought I called him fat and he started crying even more and you weren't here so I-I didn't know what to do and I was kinda scared and—and please don't be mad. I didn't know what else to do."

"Woah hey, babe. It's okay." Michael softened up, gently rubbing a hand up and down Luke's back, "Don't panic. It's alright. You're not in trouble. I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you, that's entirely my fault."

He then looked to Ashton, "You on the other hand, are in big trouble when we get home."

Ashton pouted, "Why?"

"You know why. Tricking Luke like that was very mean. Now apologize; you made him upset."

Ashton pulled a sad expression, timidly muttering a small "Sorry Lukey" before offering his lollipop to the blond.
Luke shook his head, grabbing Michael's hand for a source of comfort. He hated being thrown in the deep end with Ashton's subspace, and Ashton knew that both in and out of that space.
It wasn't fair of him to pressure Luke like he did.

Michael pointed an accusing finger at Ashton, "When we get home, you'll be telling Calum what you did. Understand me?"

Ashton pouted and gave a slight nod, whimpering as his response just like a small child would if they'd been warned not to touch something.

Michael gave him a final look before leading the way towards the front registers.