5.9

It may have taken all day, and a few good pep talks from Jordan, but Ashton finally mustered up the courage to speak to Harry. Well technically it had taken the entire weekend plus an extra two days for Ashton to get himself together.

Harry seemed stressed, apparently a model had fallen ill and a few others had gotten caught up in a light crash on the way to the studio. So they were in hospital with broken arms and legs whilst Harry was stressing out about his other magazine and a few shots he was supposed to get for partnerships and marketing.

He'd already sent someone to go give the models flowers and gifts, and Ashton could admire the way the man still continued to plaster a smile for his workers. He wasn't screaming at people, which was a plus.

So, with one deep breath, Ashton walked over to where Harry stood a few feet away from a photo scene being set up.

"Um, hey..." Ashton glanced at his left, spotting Jordan with a huge smile and thumbs up.

Harry's attention fell to Ashton with a friendly smile. "Hey."

"I was just wondering, uh, since I'm doing all these photos and stuff am I actually working for you or is this just free photography?"

"Oh! You're getting paid, don't worry." Harry insisted. "I hired you, I'm sorry I didn't even ask. I should've asked. I can pull the photos out and let you go if you want."

"No no, it's okay. I was just asking."

"I was going to hire you full time." Harry explained. "You did so well with the Malibu style I'd hoped to get you to join my studio."

"Really?"

Harry ran a hand through his messy curls with a sigh. "I got so caught up I didn't even ask, I'm sorry-God, I'm a fool. I'm awful sorry about that-"

"It's okay. Really." Ashton gave a smile. "I don't mind. I just wanted to know what was going on."

"Well the offer's there, I'd really like for you to join the studio." Harry insisted, feeling bad for having not officially asked Ashton to begin with. "You'd be an amazing addition, someone that men can relate to. I've struggled to get men models, they're all taken by underwear brands." He chuckled awkwardly. "No one likes normal clothes these days."

Jordan squealed to announce his arrival, jumping and grabbing Harry's arm as he grinned brightly. "And that's business! Good job, Aston! I knew you could do it!"

Harry's eyes widened with sudden realisation, looking at Ashton. "Are you available for a shoot today?"

"Oh um, yeah?"

Ashton flinched in surprise when Harry suddenly shouted; pointing at him and calling to his fashion team. "GET THIS MAN A SUIT!"

Jordan giggled, amused at the confusion on Ashton's face. "Gotta be fancy, he's doing a New York theme for next week's fashion show."

"Next week?"

"Oooh, we should get you an apartment. Wait, did you accept job?" Jordan started up a new conversation as Harry rushed off elsewhere.

"I think I did?" Ashton glanced back at Harry before returning to Jordan.

"Great! You'll love it here, honestly there's so much here—"

"Wait wait! I never said I was staying here-!" Ashton exclaimed, catching up to Jordan's chatter.

Confusion washed over the bubbly male's face. "Huh? But your boyfriend Luke is already looking at houses?"

"He's what?"

"He called me yesterday and asked about the best spots annnnnnnnd I don't think I'm supposed to be telling you this." Jordan gave a squeak, covering his mouth with his hand as his expression gave an awkward yet apologetic look.