2.3

"Luuuke." Ashton peeked into the kitchen where Luke sat at the table eating from his plate of waffles whilst Calum busied himself with cleaning the dishes.

"Luuuuuuke!" Ashton whisper yelled and the blond looked up in confusion.

Calum spared the male a glance, amused but still perplexed. He returned back to packing up the leftovers when Ashton saw him looking and squeaked back into hiding behind the archway of the entrance.

Ashton peered back around again, frantically gesturing his hand to coax Luke over. "Luuuuuke! Psst Luke!"

Luke fondly rolled his eyes and got up, leaving his half eaten breakfast behind as he stepped out into the hallway to meet up with the curly haired sweetheart.

"What is it?"

"Mikey's been really sad lately." Ashton pouted. "I wanna make him feel better."

Luke smiled softly. "Yeah? What idea do you have?"

"I dunno." Ashton prodded a finger at his lips in brief thought before sighing with a shrug. "I want to make him happy."

"I'm sure you make him very happy." Luke assured before thinking up an idea. "Ooh, how about we go shopping?"

"Mikey hates shopping!" Ashton whined, stomping is foot.

"No, silly! Not with him, for him."

Ashton's head tilted to the side, curious. "Huh?"

Luke grinned mischievously. "We'll go and buy some new outfits and give him a surprise. It'll really make him happy. You know how much he loves a good surprise." Luke then smiled warmly. "And we'll get him a gift too, something sweet."

Ashton beamed, excited. "From the heart!"

"Exactly!" Luke agreed.

~~~~

              Walking into the lounge, Michael took a deep breath as his eyes landed on the brunet seated on the couch with the T.V playing quietly and a laptop on his lap. It had been hours of isolation in his and Calum's bedroom, and finally he came to a conclusion; he was going to face the problem head on and hope to God things turned out okay.

"Calum?" Michael came around and stood in front of the television, catching the brunet's attention.

Calum looked up, his stress caused by the work on his laptop easing at the sight of the man who'd avoided him all day. "Hey Mike, is everything okay?"

Michael let out a shaky breath, holding up Calum's phone and exposing the text messages between him and Janet. "I need you to tell me who she is."

Calum hesitated. "Who?"

"Janet!" Michael tried not to let his hurt overtake the need to be civil. "Who is she?"

"She's my boss from work." Calum calmly closed his laptop, sliding his glasses from his face and setting both items down beside him on the couch. He got up and took the phone from Michael's hand. "She's always calling me in, she's a whore for maintenence work."

Michael crossed his arms in a huff. "Don't." He spat through gritted teeth.

Calum gave him a confused look, pocketing his phone. "Don't what?"

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not, babe. Janet is the maintenance supervisor, the company hired her last month because we had complaints about safety hazards."

Calum then frowned. "You think I'm cheating? Don't you trust me?"

Michael stared at him for a very unpleasant amount of time, slowly sifting through his options. "Do you love us?"

"Of course I do! That shouldn't even be a question."

Michael hummed unsurely. "Look me in the eyes and say it."

Calum took him by both shoulders, hands firmly planted to ensure they both held eye contact. "I love you. I love Ashton and I love Luke. And nothing anyone could say or do is ever going to change that."

Before Michael could utter a delayed response, they were interrupted.

Luke held his grey dressing gown closed over himself as he stepped into the room in the late evening, having been with Ashton all day.

"Um, excuse me?" The blond gingerly intervened, gaining the attention of both older males. "Michael, Ashton needs your help with his outfit."

Michael stepped back from Calum, immediately concerned. "Is he alright?"

"He doesn't know what shade to wear." Luke innocently replied. "He really wants you to help him." He sent a subtle wink to Calum who smirked in return; willing to allow the two boys to try and calm Michael's nerves.

Michael sighed, leaving his conversation with Calum and heading towards Ashton's bedroom. "Is it pyjamas he wants to wear?" He asked, knowing Luke was trailing behind him.

Luke hummed as Michael opened Ashton's bedroom door. "I'd say it's more of a lingerie problem."