2.1

There was no doubt that Calum felt guilty and regretful with the way he had been acting towards his boyfriends.
He knew they were feeling disappointed and upset—entirely at him—but he also knew that he couldn't help it. He needed to leave them clueless because they didn't need to know what he was doing.

He spent the early hours of the morning shopping for the three boyfriends he knew he was lucky to have.
Though, he had cuddled Michael until the frowny male had grumbled himself to sleep, adamant that he could sleep without Calum there but they both knew he wouldn't be too happy if Calum had up and left him in the big bed alone.
Michael may enjoy being treated like a slave, but he was human, he needed love and affection too. Even if he had to squeeze it out of Calum sometimes.

Once Michael had fallen asleep and the only noise in the house was the distant sound of Ashton's television playing a re-run episode of some old kid's show called Pocoyo, Calum slipped out before the sun had graced the horizon.
He wandered through supermarkets and shopping malls, collecting food and gifts with each having been thought out and bought specifically to ensure he didn't disappoint his boyfriends any further. For now at least.

He came home in time to set up the kitchen table with two boxes of donuts and danishes he bought alongside a rainbow ice-cream cake he knew Ashton would absolutely love. He cooked breakfast, making up a small pile of waffles just in case. He supposed the guys would most likely decide pigging out on baked treats was a much better idea than a nutritional breakfast.

He placed three separate bags down on each chair, standing behind his own and waiting for the rest of the house to wake up.
Luke was the first to awaken, taking a shower and getting dressed into a lazy pair of grey leggings and a blue shirt before waking Ashton up and helping him get dressed into one of his many favourite pink dresses when the man had awoken into his little space once again.

Luke wouldn't admit it, but Ashton's constant little space was starting to worry him. He couldn't remember the last time Ashton had been outside of his own head—not as a consenting bratty sub or a catty adult who didn't care about anything, but as himself; as the original Ashton Luke had met and fell in love with first. It was beginning to get scary.

When the two guys walked into the kitchen they both stopped and gawked at the display; utterly surprised.

Ashton gasped, racing forward and snatching a pink frosted donut from one of the boxes and immediately shovelling it into his mouth as though he had never eaten before.

Luke took a more suitable approach, glancing up at Calum with confusion and slight bitterness at the actions of the brunet over the past few weeks.

He crossed his arms over his chest, suspicious. "What's this?"

"It's my desperate apology." Calum gave him a sweet smile, one that melted the blond's bitter tone away. "I've been swamped with work so much lately and I wanted to apologise as best I could."

Luke sighed, breaking into a loving smile as he playful huffed and walked around the table to the older male. "Alriiiiight."
He wrapped Calum into a hug, "I guess I can forgive you... Maybe." He pulled back with a cheeky smile. "You'll have to make me a drink if you want my full acceptance."

Calum chuckled, gesturing to the waffles in front of the closed box holding the ice-cream cake. "What, waffles wasn't enough?"

Luke raised a joking eyebrow and Calum wandered towards the fridge. "Alright, babe, what did you want to drink?"

"Hmmm..." Luke pretended to think, picking up a purple frosted donut. "A chocolate milkshake sounds good."

Calum rolled his eyes, grabbing the needed ingredients and setting them on the counter. "Yes dear."

Ashton's gasp echoed through the kitchen and it didn't take a genius to figure out he'd just opened the box of ice-cream cake. He gave a squeal and Calum glanced over his shoulder at the smaller male, "No sticking your hand in the cake, princess."

Ashton stared back at him, half a piece of pink sprinkled donut jutting out between thin pink lips. His hazel eyes gave a fake sweetness of innocence, waiting for Calum to turn back around before instantly scooping his hands into the soft ice-cream and hauling out a heap of the colourful dessert.

Luke gawked at him, horrified. "Ashton! You can't possibly fit that in your mouth!"

Ashton snickered, promptly chewing the rest of his donut and swallowing before stuffing the ice-cream into his mouth in one go. Luke stared at him, his jaw hanging open in shock as he spluttered "you'll get a brain freeze!"

Ashton shrugged, licking ice-cream from his fingers. He froze halfway through sliding his tongue over his ring finger when his eyes met with Calum's. The brunet gave him an amused look, an eyebrow raised and a carton of milk held in his hand.

"You right there, princess?" He playfully mocked, putting the milk away.

Ashton giggled, engulfing Calum into a tightly squeezed hug. "Uh huh! Yummy stuff, thank you!"

Calum brushed his fingers softly through Ashton's hair before the shorter male pulled away and flashed a happy grin at him.
He took the end of his black shirt and lifted it, using the edge of the fabric to wipe away the remains of the ice-cream Ashton had shoved into his mouth and wiped all over his face.

The hazel eyed male giggled again, eyes squeezing shut momentarily as he pulled back from Calum and let the man wipe his mouth. Calum stole a kiss, smiling fondly when Ashton gave a little sound of happiness before returning back to the table of goodies.

Calum continued making the chocolate milkshake Luke had asked for whilst the blond contently picked at the pile of waffles.

"Do you know if Michael is awake?" Calum asked.

Luke shook his head and said "He'll probably sleep late."

"Make sure you two save some food for him, okay Ashton?"

The singled out male grinned cheekily, "Yes daddy, I will."

Calum then mentioned the bags on the chairs. "I got you guys a few little gifts by the way. Luke, yours is in the blue bag and Ashton's is the pink one. The green one is Michael's."

"Ooh, what'd you get us?" Luke rummaged through his bag.

"A bit of everything, I suppose. Hopefully you like it all."